Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Karsus' Avatar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Khaelieth
Learned Scribe

103 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  14:38:27  Show Profile  Visit Khaelieth's Homepage Send Khaelieth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now, I was thinking that since Mystra's dead, the ban on 10th+ lvl spells must be gone. Wouldn't that allow Iolaum's Tabra to start flinging Iolaum's Longevity and anyone who figures out Karsus' Avatar to pull down gods? There's nothing in the core books (4th ed) that would say that wouldn't be possible, as far as I'm aware.

So, let's say some enterprising evil fellow decided to use a miracle spell or the like to bring Karsus back, perhaps convincing him that this time he'll become a god, and then learn the spell of him somehow. I know it sounds far-fetched, but it does seem to me that it could happen in 4th ed.

Also known on other forums as ChazSexington, Kusghuul, and Claudius.

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  14:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those spells are methods of manipulating the world's energies and materials through the Weave. As I understand things, with the Weave gone they would have to be researched and crafted all over again.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  16:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They could conceivably come back in the form of Rituals.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2008 :  05:46:08  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What the ritual casters of Faerun need to do is band together and cast the 30th-level Ritual known as "Return the Realms to 3rd Edition" instead of Wish rituals.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2008 :  23:41:18  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True... damn good idea! But to anwser your question, I would say that anything is possible, but without a weave Karsus would have to start all over as a lov level. And then learn how things work now, but no doubt... he would do it again... if somebody could convince him it was safe!

Edited by - Nicolai Withander on 06 Sep 2008 23:43:10
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  00:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

True... damn good idea! But to anwser your question, I would say that anything is possible, but without a weave Karsus would have to start all over as a lov level. And then learn how things work now, but no doubt... he would do it again... if somebody could convince him it was safe!

The crazy kook could pull it off, I'm sure. He would have to extend his life again to get the levels up. Then go and kill the shades and take over Netheril again. Then WHAMMO!!!

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  19:21:49  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Precisly... CABOOM... and then Shar and that hore of a diety Cyric, would be history! Damn that would be awesome!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  19:41:54  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

I don't think it would take him very long at all. Reading Richard Lee Byers new trilogy on thay, Possible Spoiler
When Szass Tam notices the effect of the spellplague, it takes him very little time to "re-tool" his magic until it is just as effective as before. Maybe even stronger. So I am guessing a mage like Karsus would come to great power in short order, assuming he stayed alive long enough if it got out he was back!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  22:28:04  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, true. Karsus could probably do it even faster....in no time he would have a new Enclave in his name floating over Netheril and "then" it would be restored to its proper glory. Find a few adventurers crazy enough to kill a gold dragon and the Tarrasque again and maybe he could duplicate his spell quickly enough to gain his rightful place amongst the divine!! (and we all know that is where Karsus belongs, as a Greater God!!!!)

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  14:26:28  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In many warious places one can read about the possible most powerful arcane spellcaster ever, but to me Karsus was the most powerful, maibe not the wisest but the most powerful! The dude could "take" over the weave! Damn... not control it but take it from mystryl... thats just bad ass
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  14:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention he was one crazy kook!

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  22:40:01  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aha... Muy loco!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  01:39:42  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Thanks for all the praise.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000