Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Emergency map Help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  01:55:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, maybe not really an emergency, but it IS making me nuts.

I posted a map of the Shaar to show someone where Channath Vale was, and I noticed I forgot to add a name to something. I remember adding the icon (of a ruin), but stupidly I got side-tracked and never completed it. Here's the map -

The Eastern Shaar

I found out about this locale, I think, in a Realmslore article, probably on the WotC site, but I can't be sure. It's right on the edge of the Landrise where the river disappears undeground. I'm fairly certain it's not one those tombs that are located along the entire landrise because I use different icons for Tombs and burial Sites.

I believe its a defunct city, judging by the size of the icon (I do scale them to indicate the relative size of a location).

Anyone know what this is, and what article it was from?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Jul 2008 04:26:29

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  02:25:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall it being mentioned in an article... but that location is Pelevaran according to the map on pg. 156 of the 3e Shining South tome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  04:23:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmph... is that where I got it from?

That was so easy, I didn't even think to check there.

Thanks.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Jul 2008 04:25:53
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  12:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely Peleveran. Also mentioned in Powers & Pantheons, under Gargauth's entry.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  15:59:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it was in P&P that I read it, then - I've been going through all the 2e 'god books' for locales lately, so that seems the more obvious place for me to have found it.

Either way, its on that map now, so I thank you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000