Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Excerpts: Elfharrow
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  12:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeesh. I looked at the map and thought "I actually feel embarrassed for WOTC that they think this map is satisfactory."
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  12:09:50  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Incidentally, do male elves shave their chests?

Only if they are to look like native american hunters. *yawn*

So I guess at some point a bunch of white guys will arrive and stick them into reservations?

The Native American look really does remind me of the Kagonesti. I guess that's the point.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  23:49:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The map doesn't tell you much, that's for sure.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  23:52:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
C'mon! No way! It's got ... lots of grey in it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  01:14:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

C'mon! No way! It's got ... lots of grey in it.

-- George Krashos

And grey is used in 4E FR maps to represent... wasteland? "Spellplagued" areas? Boring areas?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  07:18:08  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So I guess at some point a bunch of white guys will arrive and stick them into reservations?

Isn't that what Realms humans do to the 'poor' elves anyway? "Yeah, ya can stay in them thar forest, pointy-ears. Stay thar and don't let us see ya outside them thar forest neither." *

* forest = wasteland = spellscarred = gray area

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  08:49:58  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't fathom how someone would prefer that gray wasteland to the detailed, rich fullness of Halruaa.

[cocking shotgun waiting for smartass answers]
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  09:08:22  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Isn't that what Realms humans do to the 'poor' elves anyway? "Yeah, ya can stay in them thar forest, pointy-ears. Stay thar and don't let us see ya outside them thar forest neither." *

* forest = wasteland = spellscarred = gray area

That attitude might possibly be due to one half-elf baby too many.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  09:11:38  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

I can't fathom how someone would prefer that gray wasteland to the detailed, rich fullness of Halruaa.

[cocking shotgun waiting for smartass answers]

It's possible there will be a new NPC known as Glee Max. He was once a humble town guardsman but then some bad orcs tortured his buddy. Now he roams those bad old grey lands with his metal horse kicking monster butt and stealing dinner money.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  13:33:25  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's possible there will be a new NPC known as Glee Max. He was once a humble town guardsman but then some bad orcs tortured his buddy. Now he roams those bad old grey lands with his metal horse kicking monster butt and stealing dinner money.

That is just unsubstantiated rumour. Last I heard, those bad orcs got 'im too. And not a moment too soon, since it was later found that he was an agent of the Abolethic Sovereignty, using the stolen lunch money to fund their return.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  20:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shh, not so loud! Else you can read this in the first WotC Web Enhancement to the 4e FRCS or FR Player Guide ...

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000