Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New 2E material for Undermountain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Halaster Blackcloak
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2008 :  10:35:29  Show Profile  Visit Halaster Blackcloak's Homepage Send Halaster Blackcloak a Private Message  Delete Topic
Hi folks! I don't get the free time to post here too often, but I wanted to let everyone know about a little fan project I've been working on. It's called the Back In Print Project, and it's basically a handful of online friends working together to share new material for OOP editions of AD&D (1st and 2nd Edition).

Here's a link to the site:

I think the main thing that will be of interest to people here at Candlekeep is a massive project we're working on. It's an expansion of the Ruins of Undermountain for 2nd Edition. We're calling it Ruins of Undermountain III: The Deadly Levels. The idea is to do another box set (in pdf format) as a follow-up to the original (most of us are not fans of Ruins of Undermountain II: The Deep Levels and plan on doing our own version of that as well).

Here's a link to the info on the discussion forums:

Some of the info posted has changed over time, so scroll down to my most recent posts.

Here's a picture of the map we've done for Level 7. It's able to be printed out as a full sized poster map in the same format as the originals:

Anyway, Ruins of Undermountain III: The Deadly Levels is going to detail Level 7 - Arcturia's Abode, Level 8 - The Slime Level, and another sub-level that branches off of Level 8.

There will be 185 developed rooms and areas of interest. We're converting the map for Level 8 now (the hand-drawing is all done), and that level will be a double-sized map, but side-by-side, not top-to-bottom as Level 3 was.

Ruins of Undermountain IV: Lair of the Mad Mage will detail only one level...Level 9, Halaster's lair! That map will be quadruple-sized, ie the size of all 4 poster maps in the original box set combined!

I think Undermountain fans will enjoy this.

Also, I have a little monster tome that is currently just a webpage, but will soon be expanded and converted to PDF format:

And finally, a generic 2nd Edition AD&D adventure, The Caves of Sydwall (in PDF format):

Everything at the BIP Project is of course free. It's just a fan product shared with friends. And of course, we have a disclaimer and don't dispute, challenge, or fail to recognize any copyrights, trademarks, etc, yadda yadda and all that stuff.

Let us know what you think. And we're always looking for new artists for various projects, so if anyone is interested, let me know. Enjoy!

Mod Edit: Links removed.

Halaster Blackcloak
Creator of Undermountain
Faithful Old-School Grognard

Visit the new Back In Print Project Website:

http://www.undermountain.org/bip.html

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Apr 2008 10:12:06

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  10:05:02  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
First and foremost, welcome to the keep - Halaster!

I hope you enjoy your stay here and will launch into one or two discussions yourself here. While you stay may Oghma guide your step through these dusty halls.

I'll head over to your site once I find the time and take a peek.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  10:12:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Halaster, in accordance with Section A.9 of the Candlekeep Code of Conduct:-
quote:
9. It is not permitted for members to create threads or posts simply to advertise other websites, forums or web services. Feel free to add a link to other sites within your profile signature, but all other advertising should be avoided without first obtaining permission from the Head Moderator.
I've removed the links from you post until such time as Alaundo and I can determine whether they are applicable for Candlekeep.

And I'm sealing this scroll until such a decision has been reached. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me privately.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Apr 2008 10:16:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000