Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dunspeirrin? Help!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Questionmark
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2008 :  20:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Questionmark's Homepage Send Questionmark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for detailed information on the city of Dunspeirrin, population, slaves, assets and all that. The description in the underdark book is very vague for such a big city, which leads me to believe that a more detailed description is out there.
please help! My players will want to go there soon! As a side note my campaign revolves around some freed slave pcs who have taken it upon themselves to form a "Underground Railroad" of sorts with the ultimate goal of freeing the slaves of the underdark and abolishing slavery across faerun. So if anyone has played any simmilar adventures along these lines I would love to hear how they went. This is my first post on candlekeep and I am increadibly impressed with the community that has been built here.

Thanks,

?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  00:10:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See for references to 'Underspires' in previous material -- especially Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark and Eric Boyd's "City of Sunken Spires" article in DRAGON #267.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  12:20:20  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The city has also been mentioned in Eytan Bernsteins Class Chronicles article Blues, Dueargars and Elans.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  10:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any reason why name "Dunspeirrin" wasn't used in the older sources?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  04:15:43  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

They probably hadn't come up with the pun yet.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  04:59:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Actually, it was.

"The city of Underspires, known as Dunspeirrin in the tongue of the Stout Folk (dwarves),..." ['The City of Sunken Spires' -- DRAGON #267]

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000