Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 FR players from Manchester UK?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amluril Dire-Weaselbane
Acolyte

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  12:57:36  Show Profile  Visit Amluril Dire-Weaselbane's Homepage Send Amluril Dire-Weaselbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've started a FR campaign that runs on a thurs night in Fanboy3 in Manchester and I seem to be struggling for players (People seem more interested in non-D&D roleplaying these days!).

I'm running it in the Dales / Moonsea / Sembia regions with a view to tackling Myth Drannor.

I've had over 10 years xp as a DM running FR and would like a party of serious adventurers who play from the heart (and not by the stats)

Is anyone intersted?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  13:33:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed!

But Florida is a bit too far away from Manchester.

BTW, welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Amluril Dire-Weaselbane
Acolyte

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  15:45:47  Show Profile  Visit Amluril Dire-Weaselbane's Homepage Send Amluril Dire-Weaselbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks

Yeah it would appear the US is the world capital of D&D, I suppose it was invented there! Nearly everyone I know in the UK who plays D&D has either given it up or now play really obscure stuff like Pendragon or Ravenloft

I will keep up the search however!

Thanks for the welcome
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  16:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 'keep, mate.

I'd join, but the flight-costs every week would bring my budget to its knees...well, actually it would break my budget's knees as it's already on 'em

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  18:37:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome.

Can't play with you in person, as I live "across the pond". Sorry.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Amluril Dire-Weaselbane
Acolyte

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  19:30:44  Show Profile  Visit Amluril Dire-Weaselbane's Homepage Send Amluril Dire-Weaselbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone

If I continue to have the rotten luck with players that I seem to enduring at the moment then I may consider a PBEM campaign (more advice will be sought as I have never stepped down that path yet!)

If so I'll keep you posted if you're interested
Go to Top of Page

Jimbobx
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  20:52:12  Show Profile Send Jimbobx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might as well be in the States - I've only ever been north of the Watford gap twice. Got a nose bleed both times.
Keep me posted if you start a PBEM though.

Rilyetan's Retreat

Jimbob's Waterdeep Journal
Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2008 :  21:35:42  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever used Fantasy Grounds? Its quite good and relatively cheap (It cost my group $20 Australian dollars each).

3.0 is built in but I use it as a tabletop to run a 2nd Edition game and it works a treat..

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot

Edited by - Thangorn on 11 Mar 2008 21:37:27
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  22:42:22  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail Amluril,
Alas though I be nearer than most of my fellow scribes.... a 70 ish mile trip is a bit of an issue for a regular meet But if you want a one of mini adventure I might be convinced to make it across from York! let me know though as I have a young family baby sitting is a prob!.

OH and Jimbobx ........... NOSEBLEED heading north of the GAP!!!!!
I knew all southerners were soft shandy drinkers but NOSE BLEEDS !!!
What would happen if you visited where I was born, my homeland Scotland??

Just joking but seriously us UK keepers should meet up soon..

Delz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000