Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 New race: the Zeth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  17:17:01  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
the zeth are a humanoid race a little taller than the average human. Scholars speculate that they are of Draconic descent they have an unearthly ability to negotiate with anyone. They distain violence at all, but understand the need to protect themselves. for this reason, there is a monk training facility in nearly every village.

Alignment: any Neutral
Abilties: -2 Str., +2 Dex, -2 Con, +4 Cha
Zeth are agile and charismatic, but thier physical prowess leaves much to be desired
Skills: +6 diplomacy
Favored Class: Monk, Sorcerer
Special qualities: charm person 1/day, darkvison 60Ft. base speed: 30ft.
Level adjustment: ???

I welcome input of any kind.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

Edited by - Aravine on 27 Feb 2008 17:30:50

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  05:07:30  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i suppose with their -2str and con,they will
look gangly? i would disdain violence too
is the alignment a 'usually' or 'always'?

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  10:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think that the race might be good, but it needs more fluff, and its not exactly PC friendly( -2 con is awful...)

LA would be : 0

you gave them a total of +8 to diplomacy just like that, you do know that diplomacy can be tweaked skyhigh easy enough...

lets say a Zeth aristocrat lvl 2( NPC class)

lets say: 14 cha, 12 int...

he gets 20 skill points at 1st level +5 = 25 skill points
5 in bluff, 5 in sense motive, 5 in diplomacy, 5 in knowledge (nobility, royality) and 5 surplus

Diplomacy check:

d20 + [ 6( racial)+2( ability)+5( ranks)+6( bluff, sense motive, knowledge synergy) +2( negotiator feat)]

on a avareage roll of 10, he has a diplomacy check of 31...

which is bloody overpowering for a 2nd lvl NPC!!!

my point beeing, you might want to reconsider the +6 to diplomacy, since if the character says HI to your players they all are in love wiht him... ><
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  13:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iliyan

i think that the race might be good, but it needs more fluff, and its not exactly PC friendly( -2 con is awful...)

LA would be : 0

you gave them a total of +8 to diplomacy just like that, you do know that diplomacy can be tweaked skyhigh easy enough...

lets say a Zeth aristocrat lvl 2( NPC class)

lets say: 14 cha, 12 int...

he gets 20 skill points at 1st level +5 = 25 skill points
5 in bluff, 5 in sense motive, 5 in diplomacy, 5 in knowledge (nobility, royality) and 5 surplus

Diplomacy check:

d20 + [ 6( racial)+2( ability)+5( ranks)+6( bluff, sense motive, knowledge synergy) +2( negotiator feat)]

on a avareage roll of 10, he has a diplomacy check of 31...

which is bloody overpowering for a 2nd lvl NPC!!!

my point beeing, you might want to reconsider the +6 to diplomacy, since if the character says HI to your players they all are in love wiht him... ><

What would you suggest?

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  13:13:04  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LA : 0

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  20:32:43  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maybe drop it to +2 dipl and make it a class skill(racial)

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  17:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirreus

i suppose with their -2str and con,they will
look gangly? i would disdain violence too
is the alignment a 'usually' or 'always'?

I don't beleive in "always" because it's a misnomer. in the Half-feind entry in the MM. it says "All too rarely, thouh, one learns from and takes on the characteristics of its nonfeindish parent, turning from its evil heritage. yet they are "always"(any) evil.

my point is that there are always going to be rebels, always, in any society.so the awnser to that question is "usually"

Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  18:18:10  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i was just trying to get a feel for their disposition. for the record i agree with you on the 'always' thing

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  23:53:51  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Give me some descriptions and I'll do the concept art for you sometime.
Try to make some Zeth exclusive spells and items, that always spices it up.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Wander ye all to my humble gallery of art of the Realms, Ye'll find it right next to the Sly Wink Alehouse in Sumberton. Or at this page: http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/

Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  10:13:45  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My sudgestion is give the race a bonus feat, namely

Skill Focus( Diplomacy)

and completely sack the +8 diplomacy bonus...

Alignment: I'd say neutral races dont rly exist >< something like this might be in order for such a race you explained:

Alignment: LN, NN, NG
Abilities: -2str, +2dex, -2con, +4cha
Skills: -2 Sense Motive( due to them not being acquainted with lies)
Feats: Skill Focus( Diplomacy)
Favored Class: Bard( lets face it, sorcerers aren't the most calm of classes, they are actualy one of the most wild ones... ><)
Spell Like Abilities: Charm Person 1/day
Special Qualities: Low Light Vision( 4 Times more the Humans)(this is because darkvision is kinda out of place for them...)
Level Adjustment: +0

Edited by - Iliyan on 21 Feb 2008 10:15:11
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2008 :  15:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fhaorn quessir

Give me some descriptions and I'll do the concept art for you sometime.
Try to make some Zeth exclusive spells and items, that always spices it up.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Well, let's see

this race is over six feet tall(there will always be smaller and larger, but on average...) Lanky, they have an ovoid head

Like humans, they have different skin colors, however, they have a mettalic sheen, like thier ancensters were. like thier kin,as they age, thier eyes fade. However, quite unlike their kin, the Zeth are humble, wearing coarse clothing. (I'm seeing something like Luke wore in a New Hope).

that's all for now. let me know If you think of something else.

Edited by - Aravine on 27 Feb 2008 17:32:34
Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  04:18:11  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This race seems very interesting ud think there would be a prestige like an advisor for this guy or something like that just for the fact of it's diplomacy advancement,it would be perfect because in all my D&D exp i've killed advisor and that 12 str and gon would suit that prestige perfectly for that race.

sincerly

Altair

Two little goblins,out in the sun.Down came a griffin,and then there was one.
Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  04:19:03  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This race seems very interesting you'd think there would be a prestige like an advisor for this guy or something like that just for the fact of it's diplomacy advancement,it would be perfect because in all my D&D exp i've killed advisor and that -2 str and con would suit that prestige perfectly for that race.

sincerly

Altair

Two little goblins,out in the sun.Down came a griffin,and then there was one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000