Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Spell Itself has Failed
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  19:52:14  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
((A letter to the realms.))

Mystra is dead.

Magic has not died with her, though the safety blanket her presence afforded the coddling races has largely been consumed with her.

Magic suffuses existence, stretching beyond the multiverse and exisiting in more forms than there are faces in Waterdeep. The Elves, and the Dragons and others before them, have a long held tradition of magic that did not depend on Mystra's grace. For we stalwart, ingenious spirits who wish to move forward in the realms, it befalls us to decide how we shall approach this new old magic and keep the promise of Mystra's gift; birth into magic for young races.

Our childhood is done and we can no longer afford to nurse at the apron of our dead mother. This is our adolescence, and we must seek out mentors and studies in the old ways and the new. There are those, as
Azuth, who may help us on the way, but it is time to put away childish things. It is we, and not the gods, who will decide our mastery of the arcane.

I send sincere thanks to my friends and enemies, and wishes of hope for the future.

My best to you all,

Stonwülfe
Scion of Imaskar
Servant of Shaundakul

----------

((Addendum))

Here's the question:

How are (those of you supporting 4e FR) going to incorporate the death of Mystra and the spellplague and new magic into your home games? How much will the PCs know? Will you use it?

<<This is not an invitation for ever more complaining about how Hasbro is destroying the universe and all hope for mankind.>>

Craig

Edited by - Stonwulfe on 02 Feb 2008 22:57:29

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  05:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying NOT to formulate any advanced idea on how to incorporate the Spellplague until I actually see the FRCG. It helps that I currently do not have a game running in the Realms, so I can take my time.

I just don't think I know enough about it one way or the other, even with the recent articles, to formulate an idea on how I'm going to make this work.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000