Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Garen Thal Mania: Magic of Thassilon PDF
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  00:14:16  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Garen Thal, you sly dog. I downloaded the Magic of Tassilon PDF from Paizo's site today and noticed the name "Brian Cortijo" as one of the authors of this particular work. I'm assuming that there isn't another one of you running around, so its nice to see your name in credits again.

Anyone interested in taking a look, you can download it here:

http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/MagicOfThassilon.zip

If you happen to see this, any particular ones that you worked on, or was this collaborative all the way through?

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  01:24:43  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, that's me in the credits.

The parts of the piece I was involved in weren't collaborative efforts; I was asked to write items within the theme of particular sins (Greed, Sloth and Wrath).

It seems like the flavor written for the items was stripped out--understandable, given that I was out-of-house and essentially making things up--but the mechanics are largely still there. Obviously, things aren't exactly as they were at turnover (part of the business is having your writing developed by the company), but my name is listed first and I have 6 out of the 14 items in there, so I'll take it.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  01:29:34  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, so you're responsible for the exploding spear that caught my eye?

Do have any other work coming up from Paizo, or can you say one way or the other?

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 29 Jan 2008 01:31:19
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  02:45:54  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the spear was mine.

Currently no plans for me to do anything for Paizo, but hopefully we'll be seeing more work with my name on it in the near future. It really all depends on what happens in the next few months, as companies decide what they'll be doing in regards to Fourth Edition. I've been lucky enough to have a very good relationship with Paizo thusfar, and I hope to continue that relationship far into the future, no matter which direction they'll be moving.

In the meantime, enjoy!

B
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2008 :  17:17:47  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick Update: I contributed a couple of the monsters and weapons appearing in the Bestiary in Pathfinder #9. See if you can track down which ones are mine. ;)
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2008 :  18:00:22  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear, I'll keep my eyes open.

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 18 May 2008 18:03:22
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  01:09:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

Quick Update: I contributed a couple of the monsters and weapons appearing in the Bestiary in Pathfinder #9. See if you can track down which ones are mine. ;)

Good job Brian. Oh and Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2008 :  11:27:11  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Garen Thal, you sly dog. I downloaded the Magic of Tassilon PDF from Paizo's site today and noticed the name "Brian Cortijo" as one of the authors of this particular work. I'm assuming that there isn't another one of you running around, so its nice to see your name in credits again.

Anyone interested in taking a look, you can download it here:

http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/MagicOfThassilon.zip

If you happen to see this, any particular ones that you worked on, or was this collaborative all the way through?

-Thanks!

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll