Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  18:09:36  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message
Seems like it's impossible where Ed's restless mind will wander, so I'm going to give rein to my impatience and go ahead and ask another question even though I haven't waited for another answer, sorry!

Putting it as simply as I can--are "blueleaf trees" which produce the "bluewood" that can be used in magically effective arms and armor the same thing as the "bluewood trees" that used to be lumbered in eastern Dambrath? My sources are the 3.0/3.5 Unapproachable East for blueleaf and FR 16 The Shining South for the southern trees.

Thanks!

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  20:43:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Quick question that I'm sure doesn't have an answer (at least not by Ed), but it seems an extremely obscure bit of Realmslore I was actually wondering if Ed was aware of...

Question:
In OA5, written by Jeff Grubb and published in 1988, there is the following statement -

"If the party shows an interest, Ko La Ko will bore everyone present with all of his sources, which include the Meditations on a Clear Pond by the banned T'u Lung poet Chi Chan, and the Scrolls of Red, said to be penned by the gajin demi-god El Min Star."

He is considered a demigod in Kara-Tur?!

But my REAL question - just what are the Scrolls of Red?

quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

Ooh, what I wouldn't do to get my hands on that pool of names!
Wasn't that the ill-fated proposed name for the fourth installment for the "Pools of..." series?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  23:55:12  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message
Not Ed, but chiming in:

I think, Markustay, that we need to distinguish here between the D&D game system divine rank of "Demigod" and a more loose definition "demi-god" as "a person above ordinary folk in ability or attributes, possibly through divine sanction", in which case Elminster, Chosen of Mystra, would qualify. Call it a case of difficulty in translation from the language of Shou Lung.

I would imagine the "Scrolls of Red" are a miscellany of advice and wisdom attributed to (but not necessarily authored by) Elminster. They probably contain a mishmash of "barbarian" writings from the West, possibly including things like fragments of the works of Alaundo the Seer and other sages of note, but ill-differentiated among due to cultural, historical or geographic distance.

Edited by - Vangelor on 03 Oct 2008 23:55:44
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  23:55:32  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Seems like it's impossible where Ed's restless mind will wander, so I'm going to give rein to my impatience and go ahead and ask another question even though I haven't waited for another answer, sorry!

Putting it as simply as I can--are "blueleaf trees" which produce the "bluewood" that can be used in magically effective arms and armor the same thing as the "bluewood trees" that used to be lumbered in eastern Dambrath? My sources are the 3.0/3.5 Unapproachable East for blueleaf and FR 16 The Shining South for the southern trees.

Thanks!

Blueleaf and other Faerunian trees are discussed in details in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical, available as a free download on the WotC website.
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  01:19:41  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
quote:

Ooh, what I wouldn't do to get my hands on that pool of names!
Wasn't that the ill-fated proposed name for the fourth installment for the "Pools of..." series?

Very funny!

ObEd Question: I've been recently rereading Elizabeth Moon's epic series, The Deed of Paksenarrion. Has Ed read it, and if so, what did he think of it? (If he hasn't, he definitely should! It's a shining example of the sort of book I want to read more of! Strong female lead character who does things her own way, and is never second fiddle to any male (*mumbles*excepthergods*mumbles* but I can live with that)... to the point where she turns away romantic advances from a couple of male characters. Sadly, she's called to a different fate than to be that lesbian icon I'm looking for - but nonetheless, it's a wonderful read.)

I'm almost certain that if she wasn't writing about a campaign she ran or played in, she was definitely inspired/influenced by Dungeons and Dragons rather than Tolkien (despite comparisons, and despite the fact that DnD was inspired by Tolkien too). Especially when Paks is exploring "dungeons" with others... Great novels. I highly recommend them.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  02:00:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. I know Ed read the series and liked it, because (years ago) he bought a second copy of the first book and gave it to me, recommending it (knowing that I, too, liked strong female characters).
As far as I know, Ed and Elizabeth Moon have met only once, at the most recent Toronto (Ontario, Canada) Worldcon. They were on a panel together, and really hit it off, handing off to each other frequently in the replies and discussion.
love,
THO
P.S. There isn't a single "pool of names." Rather, Ed has circulated (or included as part of turnovers of to-be-printed products, that in the end have omitted them) various short lists of names. When the 3e FRCS book was being prepared, he generated huge lists, which got chopped right down and combined into much shorter lists printed in the book.

Edited by - The Hooded One on 04 Oct 2008 02:02:38
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  03:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

Re: Elizabeth Moon... Why am I not surprised they hit it off? Glad to hear he read and liked The Deed of Paksenarrion. To all your scribes out there, it's definitely a recommended read from me! (Might be a touch difficult to come by though... I got Sheepfarmer's Daughter (the first novel in the series) as a stand alone, then couldn't find any of the others in the series - in the end I had to order the omnibus version from Amazon.)

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
P.S. There isn't a single "pool of names." Rather, Ed has circulated (or included as part of turnovers of to-be-printed products, that in the end have omitted them) various short lists of names. When the 3e FRCS book was being prepared, he generated huge lists, which got chopped right down and combined into much shorter lists printed in the book.

Maybe I will do that name list I've been contemplating doing these last few years (grabbing all Realms sources and novels Ed had a hand in and making a list of all the names I can find (and the sources I take them from). I think I have all of Ed's novels (been collecting the ones I can get in hard cover recently).

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  04:08:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Cough. :) It's been mostly done for you alrdy due to my NPC files. :)

quote:

Maybe I will do that name list I've been contemplating doing these last few years (grabbing all Realms sources and novels Ed had a hand in and making a list of all the names I can find (and the sources I take them from). I think I have all of Ed's novels (been collecting the ones I can get in hard cover recently).

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

DMJutti
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  04:29:56  Show Profile  Visit DMJutti's Homepage Send DMJutti a Private Message
Thank you for your quick reply THO, and I will patiently await another from Ed. Sounds like his archive must be pretty serious, i truly wish i could spend a day rummaging through some of his notes. Though I do wonder how much of the clutter is faerun related material?
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  05:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I forgot about those files, Kuje, sorry!

They would definitely make a great place to start anyway... If I recall correctly, they don't include incidental non-statted minor supporting characters from novels, who may only be mentioned in passing once or twice (or do they? been a long time since I've looked!).

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  05:22:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Nah, they don't include novel characters less the chars were stat'd in sourcebooks/etc.

But I was mostly mentioning it due to the sourcebooks. :)

quote:

Heya,

quote:

I forgot about those files, Kuje, sorry!

They would definitely make a great place to start anyway... If I recall correctly, they don't include incidental non-statted minor supporting characters from novels, who may only be mentioned in passing once or twice (or do they? been a long time since I've looked!).

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  05:31:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thats what we need!

A Faerûnian name-generator...

Sorry... just thinking out loud...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  05:58:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Nah, they don't include novel characters less the chars were stat'd in sourcebooks/etc.

But I was mostly mentioning it due to the sourcebooks. :)
At one point, I did entertain the notion of compiling most of the character names I'd encountered in my reading of some of the more recent FR novels. This was at the time that Kuje was still working on his "NPC Files." I even thought about just sending him the lists I already had so that he could include a separate file just for the names of novel characters and which book/s they appeared in. Unfortunately, after about ten books, the project fell by the wayside and got replaced with *something else.*

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  09:38:26  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Thanks!

I think you are perhaps confusing the blueleaf tree with the North American bluewood (Condalia hookeri). Also, as per PDK's suggestion, see my last reply to your Dambrathan city of Hazuth scroll.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

A Gavel
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  04:02:49  Show Profile  Visit A Gavel's Homepage Send A Gavel a Private Message
Dear Lady THO and Ed,
An odd Realmslore question from me this time.
Does Elminster mind other Chosen (or anyone else for that matter) impersonating him? (I don't mean attributing deeds, sayings, and decrees to him that he didn't actually have anything to do with, I mean actually taking on the shape of the Old Mage and trying to fool other beings in the Realms into thinking they are seeing and treating with the real Elminster?
Thank you in advance for any answer you may care to give.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  09:55:03  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by A Gavel

Dear Lady THO and Ed,
An odd Realmslore question from me this time.
Does Elminster mind other Chosen (or anyone else for that matter) impersonating him? (I mean actually taking on the shape of the Old Mage and trying to fool other beings in the Realms into thinking they are seeing and treating with the real Elminster?

I have always assumed that (allied/friendly) folks are doing this all the time:

1) Sometimes as a favour - (as in Alustriel needs to be in Nesme on a secret trade meeting that has to take place now! but she also has to be at the Moonwood Tree Blessing Festival at the same time therefore someone else (probably Dove) impersonates her in the Moonwood).

2) Sometimes in certain situations with certain 'important' folks as a deliberate ploy to confuse them and keep them guessing (as Storm disguised as Khelben will act slightly differently/say things differently to how Khelben does). This makes sure that others of 'importance' are never quite sure what is going on and will probably spend their time trying to figure out what is going on rather than getting bored and getting into mischief :)

3) Sometimes just for fun! to prod and poke at enemies of the person they are impersonating, to generally act 'out of character for how they normally are' to a wider audience (creating gossip etc) and also to create 'problems' for each other so that the real person has to fix the problems their friendly impersonator has caused

4) I have no doubt that non-friendly others do the same to try to get away with stuff, but the Seven and Mystra's Chosen have the ability to hear their name spoken anywhere, so if the person impersonating them is doing something really bad I am sure that El et al will make sure that something is done about it.

As for minding about all this, I think El would be more relaxed about it than Alustiel, who would be more relaxed about it than the Simbul, who would be more relaxed about it than Khelben (who is probably not even remotely relaxed about it at all, unless he knows exactly who is impersonating him and why and Khel has the chance to give that person a very full briefing on what they need to say and do at all times (even down to how to eat their soup or properly raise their wine glass to salute Old Lord Roaringsides!!)

Just how I have always played them

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  15:57:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
We know that Qilué likes to impersonate Laeral...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  23:18:28  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all!
I bring you some new Realmslore replies and comments from Ed of the Greenwood.
First, he says this to crazedventurers:

Hi, Damian! Your reply to A Gavel about impersonations is spot-on correct (Khelben and all). I will add only this: for a variety of reasons, in the latter days of the 1300s (DR), such impersonations didn’t happen as often as one might think.

Back on page 70 of this year’s thread, Kuje asked for some Old Grey Box name and typo corrections:
“On page 32 of the Cyc of the Realms from the Grey Box it says Allyia came from Evenstar. Is that supposed to be Eveningstar?
Just wondering if that is another typo because I need it for our project and I can't recall a place named Evenstar.

Edit: I should know this, since I wrote about Corm Orp, but is the ruler's surname Hultel or Hulrel? Page 31 says Hultel but page 32 says Hulrel.

Edit 2: Samtavan Sulacar on page 33 is Samtavan Sudacar on page 52, which is correct? :)”
Ed replies:

Yes, p32 should read “Eveningstar.”
The surname of the ruler of Corm Orp is “Hultel” (NOT “Hulrel,” which is a common gnome first or given name in Faerûn south of about the midpoint of Tethyr).
And as Wooly points out, “Sudacar” is correct. “Sulacar” is a surname once common in Luskan (transplanted by sailors from the Tashalar, where it is still found).

And finally, Baleful Avatar recently asked: “Dear Ed, have you written any mysteries recently? (Fiction, I mean, not the "solve a mystery" FR scenarios you often run at conventions.) Do you plan to write any more "murder mystery" fiction set in the Realms?
I'm on a mystery-reading kick recently, and was struck by how well your writing style and the Realms would "fit" some of the older classic mystery yarns.
Thanks in advance, and I'll understand if this is NDA territory.”
Ed replies:

I’m afraid it is NDA territory, other than to reply that: yes, I have written mystery fiction recently, and it hasn’t been published yet. I do INTEND to write murder mysteries set in the Realms in the future, but of course that’s not entirely up to me.

So saith Ed. Who is doggedly returning to the huge pile of Realmslore queries (please keep them coming, scribes! He LOVES doing this!). His wife is improved but not “all better,” and Ed is settling down to a little “clearing up of unfinished business.” For one thing, (Canadian) Thanksgiving is almost upon us.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  23:35:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Cool, thanks Ed. :)

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  06:29:28  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Good to hear about the improvement in Ed's wife. All the best again.

While patiently waiting for Ed to get to my two (or three? sorry!) pending Realmslore queries, I stumbled on another one.

I know that past maps of the Realms have occasionally fouled up Ironfang Keep, calling it "Ironfang Deep" and/or placing it both on the eastern shore of the Moonsea and in the north end of the Orsraun Mountains. On the 3rd edition map of Faerun, the error of naming is made at both locations.

My question is, is the second site in the Orsraun Mountains also a mistake, or does it also exist with the same origin (a second fortress of the fire giants of Helligheim)? I've seen references made to the dwarves of the Orsrauns in apparent connection with that location, but nothing that definitely indicates the origin of that fortress.

On a related note, is there any chance of finding out more about the inhabitants of both locations, or is Ironfang Keep bound and gagged by NDA?

Okay... No more questions until you've had time to find some answers. I promise. I'll try. Very hard.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  06:29:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Heya Ed,

You wouldn't, by chance, have a copy somewhere of the email you sent me two years ago about the Purple Lady Tavern? I have a printed copy around somewhere but in the last two years it has been stuck somewhere and I can't remember where that somewhere is. :)

If you don't, thats alright. I was just looking for it so I could keep a copy as a backup this time.

Edited by - Kuje on 06 Oct 2008 06:30:26
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  06:31:03  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message
quote:

(please keep them coming, scribes! He LOVES doing this!). His wife is improved but not “all better,” and Ed is settling down to a little “clearing up of unfinished business.” For one thing, (Canadian) Thanksgiving is almost upon us.
love to all,
THO

Thanks, and glad to. ;) And since you bring it up...

What is Canadian Thanksgiving like? How does this compare with, say, Highharvestide in Misteldale as observed in any average 1370's year? :)
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  07:57:33  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Vangelor: I can't comment on Highharvestide in Mistledale, but Canadian Thanksgiving is much like American Thanksgiving, except five and a half weeks earlier. We eat turkey and many of us drink beer and/or watch football; the CFL plays on bigger fields with one more player per team in cooler fall weather, but all football is good if it's the right time of year. My only complaint is that the CFL season ends too early; I'd love to see more games played in the snow. But I guess I have the NFL for that.

Edit: Apologies for the RW interference... we now return you to our regularly-scheduled Realmslore requests, and I'm sure Ed will have something for you about Highharvestide in the Dales.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 06 Oct 2008 08:02:20
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  11:15:16  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
quote:
His wife is improved but not “all better,” . . .

Good news, I hope the improvement continues
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  18:34:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Would that it had. Worse last night.
Jakk, Ironfang Keep is one of the oldest Realms NDAs of all. It was "reserved" by TSR for a computer game jump-off point (setting, not to be talked about in printed game lore) back in 1986 and hasn't been lifted since, despite repeated queries by Ed (every year or so, beginning in 1989). So I'm afraid Ed can't say anything about it at all.; he lasted asked about Ironfang Keep at GenCon this year, and was assured by a high-ranking Wizards individual that it was still under NDA (meaning STILL nothing can be said about it, by freelancers).
Ed will ask again, but he's not expecting a sudden rumbling open of these particular long-locked gates . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  18:57:22  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Kuje, I just found Ed's Purple Lady e-mail to you in Hamilton White's backfiles, and forwarded it to you (the "rochester.rr" account). Is this still an active account for you? Should I send it to the hotmail one in your Candlekeep profile instead, or- -?
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  19:45:11  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
quote:

Would that it had. Worse last night.

Bummer All we can do is send our good wishes to Ed and his wife.
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  19:48:25  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
quote:

Jakk, Ironfang Keep is one of the oldest Realms NDAs of all. It was "reserved" by TSR for a computer game jump-off point (setting, not to be talked about in printed game lore) back in 1986 and hasn't been lifted since, despite repeated queries by Ed (every year or so, beginning in 1989). So I'm afraid Ed can't say anything about it at all.; he lasted asked about Ironfang Keep at GenCon this year, and was assured by a high-ranking Wizards individual that it was still under NDA (meaning STILL nothing can be said about it, by freelancers).
Ed will ask again, but he's not expecting a sudden rumbling open of these particular long-locked gates . . .
love to all,
THO

Hasbro is pretty good at keeping IP under wraps 'just in case'
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  20:10:40  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Hmmm ... Jakk, I don't like American football (watered-down rugby!), but I am interested in having Ed present us with rules for some of the common physical games played in the Realms. Trying to comprehend the rules to British Bulldog last week made me appreciate just how vital it is to have detailed rules to a game. Dismissing something as a "ball game" isn't particularly satisfying: in the saga of Egil Skallagrimson, for example, he first makes his debut as a violent proto-viking by killing one of his playmates in a dispute during a "ball game." What was it? How was it played? Inquiring readers want to know, but alas, there are precious few clues in the saga itself. It would be nice if we had rules to games in the Realms so that we could roleplay characters doing something besides killing sentient beings to take their belongings.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  21:48:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
I received and replied. :)

Thanks btw.

quote:

Kuje, I just found Ed's Purple Lady e-mail to you in Hamilton White's backfiles, and forwarded it to you (the "rochester.rr" account). Is this still an active account for you? Should I send it to the hotmail one in your Candlekeep profile instead, or- -?
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000