Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2008 :  15:51:20  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
High pressure hose?!?

Indeed. I am even more indignant and now soaking wet.
*wrings out shirt and pants*

Ahem. Look closely. I have never once said I wanted to
grab anything of the Hoody One that was attached.
Createvmind, I believe you owe an apology, or
at least a towell.
*wipes off bald head*

Now back to the important stuff.

I want to deviate from stated sources. I believe that Halaster
is too intersting a personality to get killed. I instead want
him to be free of the office of Mad Mage of Undermountain and
become a free roaming agent. In his clear thinking times, what
kind of things would he be doing? Develope a new kingdom in his
homeland? Trying to kill of the church of Shar? Just work
with Mystra and do her bidding? Where would he base himself out
of? Who would be his allies and enemies? What resources will
he take with him?

The first short story in the Archwizards anthology says that
mythrallars are created using actual strands of the Weave.
With this being said, does this allow for more discussion
on how they are created? Or is it still to be shrouded in
darkness?

Thank you for keeping me dry. *puts on rain gear and opens
umbrella and ducks*
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2008 :  16:44:18  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

quote:
Originally posted by GoCeraf

I remember visiting a small bar near Denver that had a pale ale with a non-dissolving additive. It was called "Pine Brine" by the regulars, if I remember correctly, and was named so because the additive, which rose to the top of the drink, had a pine scent that you could smell whenever you were taking a sip. I additionally assume that this additive caused no health related problems.

Having been to some small bars near Denver, I believe the appropriate verb in that last sentence should be altered, to read "I additionally hope that this additive..."

Thanks for the info.

'T'ain't no thang.

My Forgotten Realms knowledge is lacking, but I enjoy tossing around a little of my trivial what-have-you's.

That, however, may be a completely incorrect explanation, since there are a number of Toril-native ingredients that certainly aren't about on Earth. Still, glad to be of help.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  11:31:47  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by the1eyedking
1) What is the proper "etiquette" for dealing with spies from allied governments or organizations ?

. . . . (Teleporting them home naked, Prestadigatoral tattoos, and Geas's to sing bawldy songs or tell dirty jokes/stories to their superiors) . . . .

What wonderful ideas I hope you don't mind if I borrow these?
Go to Top of Page

TheHermit
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  13:13:04  Show Profile  Visit TheHermit's Homepage Send TheHermit a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I must echo the request for information on why the elves are so fussy about their dead and the tombs of the same. If elves can't ordinarily be resurrected, why are they concerned about people mucking about in the ancestral tombs (excluding, -- of course! -- the ones with Bad Things sealed away in them)? Why do they even bury things with their dead? There must be some powerful reason for protecting their ancestral tombs if some are willing to become baelnorns. Why not let some adventurer plunder old elven tombs if he promises not to animate any of the dead?

One can only imagine they do it for the same reasons that I wouldn't let you dig up my great-grandmother to get at the jewelry she was buried with. Regardless of how wasteful you feel it is, she had her wishes, the family had it's wishes, and your opinions on the disposition of our dead don't enter into it.

- "Glitz & Klax's Potions & Elixirs"/"The Sandmen", Inside Ravens Bluff, The Living City; 1990; TSR, Inc.
- "The Far Guardians' Traveler's Mission", Port of Ravens Bluff; 1991, TSR, Inc.
- "Signs Painted", Polyhedron #70; April, 1992; TSR, Inc.
- Communications Director, Coliseum of Comics, Orlando, FL - http://coliseumofcomics.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  18:45:47  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Yes, but I'd like Ed to tells us why Elves have this desire. Why not just cremate their dead? It's not as if they are going to need their bodies again.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  21:22:59  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
*comes out from under umbrella*

So, where is everybody? The forums have been slightly dead of late.

New question: What are the details to death by "overexposure to magic"?
Is it like radiation poisoning in real life?

Does Lake Miir correspond to the Quarter of Emptiness on the old
Anauroch poster map?

The area just on the other side of the Desertmouth Mts from the Dales seems to have
several different nationalities building towns there. How many
"ruins on ruins" is there in this area?

Thank you again. *hides again under umbrella*
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  22:51:27  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
Fellow Scribes and naughty Hooded lasses,

Ed has arrived safely here in Columbus, Ohio. I ran into him and extracted lore 20 steps into the convention center this afternoon where he was fully clad in plate armor made of pure NDA! The staff at Origins seem to be treating him with the proper respect and have assigned him a cold drink toadie (joking).

I intend to ask every curvaceous woman in her 40s to disrobe in hopes I run into The Hooded One and hit the lusty jackpot. Unfortunately for you I have a strong lawful streak, so I couldn't tell you if my command spell works or not....../evil grin

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 27 Jun 2008 22:55:20
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  00:21:23  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
;Turns off hose, water conservation and all that:

Ed and Lady enjoy the Con and we'll entertain ourselves until your return, *Stern look at althen*
Go to Top of Page

the1eyedking
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  08:02:41  Show Profile  Visit the1eyedking's Homepage Send the1eyedking a Private Message
I would like to see an event a Gencon called "Ed Time Stories", in which Ed regales us with titillating tales from his realms campaign and various convention stories.

Also, I have been reading the archives lately and I'd like to know how to assemble a harem on a organizational level.

I hope you have a great time at origins, and thanks for doing that interview with KQ it was a great read.

Thanks

Question Everything.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  23:30:14  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
*takes off raincoat and puts away umbrella*

Indeed, entertain ourselves. Capital idea.
I hope your not in California createmind, they're get you
for that wasted water.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  01:35:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Okay folks, we seem to be delving too much into "idle-chatter" mode. Let's try to keep this scroll just for Ed's replies and the discussion of those replies, eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

dfemling
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  06:26:49  Show Profile  Visit dfemling's Homepage Send dfemling a Private Message
Hello THO and Ed, if time permits I would like to ask a quick question about that dark and terrible land of Menzoberranzan? I have gathered as much lore as I could about this deep realm to include The "Box set" Drizzt's guide and the TSR 9326 "Drow of the underdark". I also have refrenced the current Underdark source book.
My Question is this, in the Box set page 20 House Barrison Del'Armgo is refrenced as having "a staff of house wizards second to none" yet i can find no guide as to this powerfull houses Wizards? If you can offer any direction as to who and how these wizards dominate the Mages of Menzoberranzan i would be deeply indebted.
I would also like to take a second and say thank you, To you Ed and the Lady THO..... as well as to the rest of the community here at candlekeep. Long was I in the service and many a lonely night was i kept in comfort with my own thoughts always taking me to this Bright and rich realm! I thank you Lords and ladies of Lore for all that you have done, and will do, from the bottom of my heart. Take great comfort and have a wonderfull day.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  08:23:49  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
I can hardly speak for Ed, but I can say that the two most powerful wizards in Menzoberranzan are not usually thought of as "house wizards:" Gromph Baenre is the Archwizard of the city and runs Sorcere, while Agrach Dyrr's most powerful wizard ... ah ... "doesn't get out much" and the Matron Mother doesn't exactly trot him out on a whim. They didn't get to be as powerful as they are by brooking juniors powerful enough to challenge them. Barrison Del'Armgo can afford to have powerful House wizards because they don't have anyone as powerful as Gromph swatting aside dangerous subordinates.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  14:20:26  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
Simple enough question here:

Which dwarven clans/families live in Daggerdale, besides the Brightblade clan?
Are there other Tethyamar clans?
I need name for a dwarf, but it can't be Brightblade.

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  15:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
Regarding the Del'Armgo house wizards ... it is about numbers, not personal power.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

dfemling
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  19:00:38  Show Profile  Visit dfemling's Homepage Send dfemling a Private Message
I had thought so, yet there are many refrences that could make one reason that they use a varity of ritual magics that boost there magic power? Almost like the Red robes of Thay. Thanks for the responses though and have a good day
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  19:08:45  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dfemling

I had thought so, yet there are many refrences that could make one reason that they use a varity of ritual magics that boost there magic power? Almost like the Red robes of Thay. Thanks for the responses though and have a good day

Nothing of this is known. There are only so many lore sources on Menzo and details on certain houses are relatively few and far between. You do get a few bits in the WotSQ series, especially during the "Siege", but hardly anything in terms of number and power. Most important and powerful wizards of Menzo are known though and I would assume that the 17 mentioned in the boxed set are all set inbetween levels 8 to 16. DO keep in mind that the number only refers to noble wizards of the house. There might be substantially more "non-nobles" in their ranks as well, something the remark might refer too.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 29 Jun 2008 19:09:30
Go to Top of Page

dfemling
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  19:24:35  Show Profile  Visit dfemling's Homepage Send dfemling a Private Message
Yeah, love the depth of Menzo lore, just enough to wet your appetite! Yet it leaves a lot of room to develope and sprinkle in your own ideas. I have devloped the city for campaigns for over 14 years. I do not like over powered events and have run some great merchant and inter city cloak & dagger style gaming. I have now settled down to work the magic side of the city and am trying to create the multi level feel of diffrent mages spending years in solitude working on inner house offensive and deffensive effects! Yet also having hidden conclaves to make diffrent alliances and settle diffrent vendettas.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  03:36:07  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello all!
Ed has just returned home from Origins, which he loved (and can't say enough nice things about the GAMA show staff and volunteers!), and after driving for hundreds of miles, has gone straight to bed with his wife.
Ahem. I would rephrase that, but there doesn't seem to be any point. Ed did mention what fun it was to meet with AlorinDawn, talk, and hang out.
As it happens, I can answer dfemling's on-the-table request, from Ed's Menzo notes: House Barrison Del'Armgo is said to have a staff of house wizards "second to none" because they work together as friends, with close personal loyalty, sharing of spells, developing magics together, and so on, AND ARE VALUED FOR DOING SO AND ENCOURAGED TO GO ON DOING SO by the matrons and senior priestesses of the House. They are numerous but of far weaker power than many other houses, yet "punch above their weight" by working tightly and effectively together, communicating constantly by means of spells and rushing to each other's aid. The House benefits from this and so encourages it, not wanting more powerful houses to ever think taking on House Barrison Del'Armgo is remotely "worth it."
There. Potted Realmslore, from Ed.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

dfemling
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  04:14:38  Show Profile  Visit dfemling's Homepage Send dfemling a Private Message
THO thank you for the fast and wonderfull reply. Will work the rules and NPC's to demestrate these characteristics. I think i will work around 14th lvl and down..... House symbol bearing a constant telepathy and possibly looking into the way the Many-Starred Cloak of Neverwinter weave spells to effect the power effect it takes to reduce A house to molten rock. Anyone have any suggestions and I hope that this is a place to ponder this enhancement of realms lore? Thanks for your time either way and have a good day!
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  11:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
That lore on House Del'Armgo will be instantly transferred to my Menzoberranzan files! Thank you for the quick reply, Malla Hooded One!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Glad Ed enjoyed the Con.

My question this time, With devils being very smart and adept with magic what prevents them from learning summoning magic and true name magic to help them combat demons? For that matter what prevents celestials from doing the same?
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  15:09:59  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message
what are dwarven, halfling and gnome names for Dwarfhome, Green Fields and Golden Hills?
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  20:14:19  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Hello dear Ed and THO!
Inspired by another scribe's querry here at the Keep I did researched on the Crystal Grot and was able to find a few answers by Ed of the Greenwoods in his replies. Now, these answers raised new questions (as is often the case for the unlearned scribe, I guess). So now I turn to the great teacher of Realmslore in hopes of having my newly arisen questions answered.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One on 12 Jul 2006 concerning taxes in Suzail:

There are few surprises for an adventurer in Suzail, because the Crown of Cormyr doesn't have to be greedy for funds; it has the Crystal Grot and many sources of fee-based income.

Question 1: what other fee-based sources we you refering to? And, you mentioned some dragon articles you wrote on cromyrean taxes in this answer as well that were not published back than. Any chance that those have been published by now?

And also a minor side note in one of his other replies:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One on 15 Sep 2007:

Thanks to the Crystal Grot and Vangey’s canny “buying” of much foreign gold coinage, Cormyr has built up treasury enough over the years.

Question 2: Does this hold try for the time after the Dragon War? Or have the state funds been run low after this crisis.

Question 3: Also, is the Crystal Grot ever going to be played out/exploited?

Thanks in advance, Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 01 Jul 2008 20:15:22
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  15:35:38  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Ok Ed, 41 people sacrificed summons an Avatar of Bane or it actually summoned Bane himself which either way seems a paltry price to force a deity to appear before you. I'm referring to novel 'Undead' in which Szass Tam summons Bane. I assume deities have provided these "backdoor" ways for them to be reached purposely but are not actually bound even though it seems Bane was indeed prevented from leaving, I'm not sure if this is creative liberties taken by Byers or lore you provided?

I also assume if by some miracle all the followers of a deity on Faerun prayed collectively and for same purpose for their god to appear he/she would have no choice but to manifest. I then recalled the Lady saying the Times of Trouble never happened in your home game so my assumption may be wrong if you don't have the gods needing their followers for survival as Ao decreed. Do you think at some point you could tell us a ritual to call forth a deity, say a Azuth, Gwaeron Windstorm, Eldath, Valkur, Uthgar or Mielikki or any deity that you may have notes on, I just threw some names out there hoping I would be in the ballpark?
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  16:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
createvemind ... that was one of the things which irked my about that novel ... and I actually wonder whether it was implemented to show the changes in deific powers post Spellplague, i.e. some kind of reduction in status or importance to the (4E) players (even though it is Szass Tam doing the calling). IMHO, no mortal (or immortal in that case) should be able to "summon" a deity at all. In the novel, it does not "sound" as if it was simply an avatar.

Uh ... sorry for my interruption, malla Hooded One!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

TormakSaber
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  18:37:48  Show Profile  Visit TormakSaber's Homepage Send TormakSaber a Private Message
A player in my campaign has recently started a debate that's started to fan out over the entire group, and we'd like an answer to it, because it's rather bringing the campaign to a standstill.

Druids, in the player's handbook, are stated as being able to "only wear cloth, leather, padded, and hide armors", and states that they are not allowed to wear metal armors because it violates their Druidic oaths regarding metal. The other statement in the player's handbook says they can wear light and medium armor, and "can learn to wear full plate, but putting it on would violate her oath and suppress her Druidic powers."

I take this to mean that a Druid can learn to wear Heavy Armor, that is, they can take Heavy Armor Proficiency on a feat level. As well, this also seems to say that they could take Tower Shield proficiency as well. There doesn't seem to be anything stating that a druid would be laid out as a heretic for doing this, unless they wore metal armor or shields.

Arms and Equipment Guide introduces organic materials for use in Heavy Armor, and other armors as well, such as Chitin, Bronzewood, Coral or even the PHB spell Ironwood.

I would like to know if the restrictions are based on the fact that it is heavy armor, or if it is metal armor. In my logic, a Druid could take the Heavy Armor Proficiency feat, and wear Bronzewood Full Plate, or what have you, and not violate their oaths because the armor is organic, not metal. Just as a Druid could use a wooden Tower Shield if they took the feat, and not lose their powers.

My player believes that the PHB supercedes everything, and a druid cannot wear Heavy Armor or use Tower Shields, because the book states "cloth, leather, Hide and Padded" armors only. But PHB couldn't possibly have been able to reference Arms and Equipment Guide, one because the PHB is Core and not allowed to reference supplements, and also because Arms and Equipment Guide was released later. Because the only non metal armors in the PHB are cloth, leather, padded, and hide, those are the restrictions given to the class in the PHB for Core rules.

So can a Druid wear Heavy Armor and use Tower Shields and not violate their Druidic Vows, as long as the Armor and Shields are not metal, in the Forgotten Realms?
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  20:52:10  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TormakSaber

A player in my campaign has recently started a debate that's started to fan out over the entire group, and we'd like an answer to it, because it's rather bringing the campaign to a standstill.

Druids, in the player's handbook, are stated as being able to "only wear cloth, leather, padded, and hide armors", and states that they are not allowed to wear metal armors because it violates their Druidic oaths regarding metal. The other statement in the player's handbook says they can wear light and medium armor, and "can learn to wear full plate, but putting it on would violate her oath and suppress her Druidic powers."

I take this to mean that a Druid can learn to wear Heavy Armor, that is, they can take Heavy Armor Proficiency on a feat level. As well, this also seems to say that they could take Tower Shield proficiency as well. There doesn't seem to be anything stating that a druid would be laid out as a heretic for doing this, unless they wore metal armor or shields.

Arms and Equipment Guide introduces organic materials for use in Heavy Armor, and other armors as well, such as Chitin, Bronzewood, Coral or even the PHB spell Ironwood.

I would like to know if the restrictions are based on the fact that it is heavy armor, or if it is metal armor. In my logic, a Druid could take the Heavy Armor Proficiency feat, and wear Bronzewood Full Plate, or what have you, and not violate their oaths because the armor is organic, not metal. Just as a Druid could use a wooden Tower Shield if they took the feat, and not lose their powers.

My player believes that the PHB supercedes everything, and a druid cannot wear Heavy Armor or use Tower Shields, because the book states "cloth, leather, Hide and Padded" armors only. But PHB couldn't possibly have been able to reference Arms and Equipment Guide, one because the PHB is Core and not allowed to reference supplements, and also because Arms and Equipment Guide was released later. Because the only non metal armors in the PHB are cloth, leather, padded, and hide, those are the restrictions given to the class in the PHB for Core rules.

So can a Druid wear Heavy Armor and use Tower Shields and not violate their Druidic Vows, as long as the Armor and Shields are not metal, in the Forgotten Realms?

I remember from somewhere that druids are able to wear ankheg plate and dragonhide as well because it isn't formed of metal. That in itself is pretty simple to understand, so I don't really see a problem with them wearing medium or heavy armor made of a natural substance or hide.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  23:53:55  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
So Sage, where do the idle chatter go

Hello Hoody, for the
I been looking over the info in Volvo Magic,
and I would like to know what gemstones (or other materials) are
useful for summoning, conjurations, abjurations, alterations?

Can we have some the dragons known to live in Myth Drannor
around 1356 DR? (I have a red dragon who slow cooks his supper
in barbeque sauce, but I would like to know of other dragons in the
haunted ruins.)

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  15:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight
I remember from somewhere that druids are able to wear ankheg plate and dragonhide as well because it isn't formed of metal. That in itself is pretty simple to understand, so I don't really see a problem with them wearing medium or heavy armor made of a natural substance or hide.

Metal is natural.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000