Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 103

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  05:27:30  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
Hi THO! (and you too Ed! )

The more I research the city of Melvaunt on the north coast of the Moonsea, the more I wonder what Ed's original intention for the city was? In reading the 1st Edition material from "ye ol' grey box" I seem to come to the conclusion that the Zhentarim have some great deal of control over/influence in the city...

Am I on the right track here...or no?

So...what WAS Ed's original intention for the Moonsea area regarding Melvaunt?

Thanks for all the help!

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  15:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Didn't Ed cover Melvaunt and the other north-coast Moonsea cities in early Elminster's Everwinking Eye columns in Polyhedron? I seem to remember reading about it (not a lot, but some lore), but have since moved, and my Polys are still at my parents' house. Can any scribes (Mr. Krashos? Sage? Kuje?) confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  15:39:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed, Ed did -- #78 "A Visit to Melvaunt" and #79 "Inside Thentia."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  16:30:28  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage  Click to see Chosen of Moradin's MSN Messenger address Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message
Hi, Ed and THO.

I bring a fresh new question of a novice brazilian DM, floating in brazilian boards, to great Ed:

quote:
Opinion to my campaign

I´m creating an adventure based near Espar, in Cormyr, and need of some help to start with my players.

The place will be like a base for the group, the players give their character choices: a paladin of Tyr, son of a baron; a human barbarian; a sorcerer with draconic heritage that want to be a war wizard; a dwarf, priest of Moradin; a warrior of the cormyrean army; and a black earth genasi from Mulhorand(???).

Questions:

1. How can a player character enter to the War Wizards and to the Purple Dragon? (to the organizations, to the PrC is well documented).

2. There is the possibility of exist a cormyrean barbarian? And what will be the more plausible option?

3. About the nobles, how is the organization of the cormyrean nobility (titles, hierarquies, etc.)

4. How could I handle the "ordainment" of a paladin of Tyr (yes, I think that I don´t have the right words, sometimes)

5. How could I handle a presence of a Mulhorand genasi, how the cormyreans will interact with him?

Waiting for answers,
Cad

Well, I´m waiting to some of these answers, too.

And if someone else have something to add to this new DM (Garen? Krashos? Sage? err... Wooly? ), feel free to add his opinions.

Chosen of Moradin.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  00:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Dear THO and Ed,
Another Realmslore question from a loyal Realms campaigner.
As I recall, Ed detailed the city of Teziir for DRAGON, must be two years ago now (it was supposed to follow Crimmor into print). I seem to recall mention of Chris Perkins being given copies of this, after Paizo's license expired.
Do we know the fate of this lore? Any chance of it appearing anywhere, that you've heard?
Thanks,
BB

Teziir. Yes. Teziir. More information, please! Much, much more! The kicking of the snot out of Vurgrom the Mighty after he had looted Teziir was a crucial moment in my campaign. (What, you expected a lawful neutral mercenary company to lose valuable, pre-hired personnel to defend a town which hadn't hired them and fight a pirate before he had committed a crime by looting the place? Ha!)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  03:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Unfortunately, I don't have access to those articles...can anyone enlighten me?

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5037 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  03:30:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. I bring once more gems of Realmslore from the pen of Ed of the Greenwood, in response to query from scribes of the Keep. To whit, this time, Blueblade, Wooly Rupert, GoCeraf, Verghityax, and Mkhaiwati!
First, to Blueblade’s question: “As I recall, Ed detailed the city of Teziir for DRAGON, must be two years ago now (it was supposed to follow Crimmor into print). I seem to recall mention of Chris Perkins being given copies of this, after Paizo's license expired.
Do we know the fate of this lore? Any chance of it appearing anywhere, that you've heard? Thanks, BB”
Ed makes reply:

Blueblade, I honestly don’t know right now. Yes, Chris was given a copy of that, but it’s not as if he’s had nothing else to do, since. :} I’ll have to ask, now that you’ve piqued my curiosity, but I may of course not end up being at liberty to share my answer with you (NDAs, you understand). The possibilities include, of course: DDI or other website appearance, use in a Realms sourcebook of some sort, RPGA use (in the right geographical “region”), use as a novel setting . . . and so on. I guess we’ll just have to see. :} (No, I’m not being mysterious or teasing, I’m being philosophical. 4e has plunged spanners into the hearts of SO much ongoing work that not all the dust has settled yet, by any means.)

Then, to Verghityax’s query: “Dear Ed of Greenwood and lovely Lady Hooded One,
A long time ago (half of a year or so) I asked Ed about mapping of certain places in Elturel and Iriaebor but they were under NDA due to some legal troubles and license that TSR sold to some company. With Ed's kind permission I'm back to pester him with my query again. Has anything gotten clearer in this matter or NDAs still prevents Ed from passing any lore? Thanks in advance for your answer”
Ed replies thus:

Sorry, Verghityax, but Elturel and Iriaebor are still under NDA. I suspect the need for these NDAs may soon fade away, but NDAs are ironclad until specifically removed; if I were to just assume they’ll go away, I’d be in the same situation as a race car driver who drives his car at full speed towards a stone wall, assuming it will crumble away before he reaches it. So the answer, for now, must still be: I can provide you with nothing more at this time. However, please keep asking; one never knows.

Moving on to Mkhaiwati’s post (in response to a comment of mine about a book Ed had been reading): “Probably Cathedral, Forge, and Waterwheel by the de Gies. They also did Life in Medieval city, Village, etc.”
Ed responds:

Yes, that’s the book, all right. One of about seventy loosely-related-by-subject tomes I often re-read for pleasure (I’m especially fond of an obscure tome, THE COMMON STREAM, that follows a hamlet in England from prehistory up to the time of writing [1950s]) to ground myself in “WHY things are thus and so, in vaguely medieval times.”

. . . Which brings us to GoCeraf’s linguistic question, Ed’s reply, and Wooly’s query about the identity of the Waterdhavian noble Ed mentioned, whose verbal habit it is to often (as an “um” equivalent) exclaim, “Stop me vitals!”
Ed now adds this:

The noble in question is indeed Lord Vastarr Roaringhorn (his twin brother Kuldos is far more dignified, stay-at-home, and restrained in word and manner). THO is quite correct in saying “Old Lord Roar” (Vastarr) was present in the Inn of the Dripping Dagger the day when it was first visited by the impressionable young Princess Alusair, and she undoubtedly acquired the habit of using that same phrase on that day, from hearing (and probably being impressed by) him.
Lord Roaringhorn is big, burly, loud and deep of voice, and much given to hearty, dirty chuckles, winks, leers, jests. He has huge, hairy fists (his fingers adorned with rings), is strong enough to crush metal flagons easily in his hand, pick up tavern chairs with persons sitting in them and hurl them, or pluck up entire massive timber tavern tables and fling them some distance down a room. He’s very slow to lose his temper, though, and never rages for long - - and he is capable of eating and drinking prodigious amounts with no more ill effects than hearty belching and farting.
He often strolls around Waterdeep of evenings with two similar-of-appearance-and-manner old friends who also happen to be noble patriarchs: Royus Adarbrent (a spry, spike-chin-bearded old salt and widower with a large nose, many gold teeth, a handsome amiability, and a hunger to get hitched again) and Baerom Thunderstaff II (a gravel-deep-voiced, huge-nosed and red faced old rip who can still break skulls or hands or jaws with a single solid punch, as many a sneering younger man has discovered to his dismayed and painful cost). The three love to flirt with anyone who wants to, and to watch romancing and dancing and everything from duels and brawls (small ones that they need not get involved in or take any official notice of) to prostitutes pleasing customers or putting on salacious stage shows, and love to hear minstrels, bards, and amateurs tell colourful stories, good jests, and sing sentimental or funny songs.
Think of them as out-of-shape, overweight, somewhat slow of gait “young rakes out on the town, and up for a bit of fun or gallantly helping strangers or a new cause,” and you’ll have them down right.
I have indeed, as THO says, played Lord Roaringhorn and his two gruff, loud, unabashed contemporary “elder patriarch noble lords” as Squire Allworthy types (the classic “salt of the earth” character from Henry Fielding’s TOM JONES, and yes, I know I’m shortening the proper title of that novel). Those not familiar with that particular branch of the cultural tree can think of these three lords as equivalents of Statler and Waldorf, the two opinionated old geezers in the balcony from “The Muppet Show” television series (their jesting, not their constant complaining).
I make a practice of putting him (and that “stop me vitals!” line of his, which was indeed drawn from a Brian Bedford performance in a Restoration comedy at the Stratford Shakespearean Festival) into the background chatter of many clubs, revels, Palace feasts, and upper-crust eateries and taverns featured in Waterdhavian Realmsplay.

So saith Ed. Who is battling much adversity at the moment, but still loves the Realms and those who adventure in it or just read about it (so keep those questions coming, scribes!).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1144 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  04:11:22  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Zandilar and all, your posts go off to Ed, who is busy busy busy again, but WILL return with a reply of some sort later today or on the morrow.
Charles, I read the second half of your adventure (also sent off to Ed), and have to admit to literally falling out of my chair laughing when Alusair snorted.

love to all,
THO

We love our blunt instrument of a Queen and looking forward to any Ed thoughts he may have!

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  05:22:42  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

We love our blunt instrument of a Queen and looking forward to any Ed thoughts he may have!

I wish my first name could be used as an adjective.

Regardless, a curiosity clawed its way out today. I was reading the entry on the yarting in the FRCS today, and I wondered; does a Faerûn musician's technique for a yarting match that of an Earth musician?

That's confusingly worded. For instance, is there a "classical guitar" sound in the Realms? Likewise, are there any Realms guitar riffs that do not have an equitable version here?

All the best.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  06:05:56  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

You can pick up issues #78 and #79 from paizo.com for just $10 US each.

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  06:26:31  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
quote:
I make a practice of putting him (and that “stop me vitals!” line of his, which was indeed drawn from a Brian Bedford performance in a Restoration comedy at the Stratford Shakespearean Festival) into the background chatter of many clubs, revels, Palace feasts, and upper-crust eateries and taverns featured in Waterdhavian Realmsplay.

It's a pity such colorful figures are not likely to make it past the century into 4th ed Realms...
One of the questions I keep running into at the moment is what to keep and what to let go (as in: who or what survived 100 years of game time, and if they did, do they still do the same thing).
I know NDA prevents answerering at this point, at least in public.
I hope there'll soon be a moment when Ed can spawn realms flavor triflets for the new era.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  15:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

You can pick up issues #78 and #79 from paizo.com for just $10 US each.

Hmmm...I'm thinking $20 U.S. is a bit more than I'm willing to spend for the information. As a side business I work with Real Estate Agents here in the U.S. and help them by placing clients who are interested in buying homes with them. Well, I think everyone knows that Real Estate isn't doing so well these days...

Thanks for the links though Sage!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  16:39:39  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
No problem.

You might want to check nobleknight.com too. I know they had some reasonable prices for the older issues of POLYHEDRON, even before their recent online sale.

Edited by - The Sage on 08 May 2008 16:40:58
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  19:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gomez

quote:

It's a pity such colorful figures are not likely to make it past the century into 4th ed Realms...
One of the questions I keep running into at the moment is what to keep and what to let go (as in: who or what survived 100 years of game time, and if they did, do they still do the same thing).
I know NDA prevents answerering at this point, at least in public.
I hope there'll soon be a moment when Ed can spawn realms flavor triflets for the new era.

Such colorful figures will survive in those Realms games which stick with 3.0, or revert to AD&D, or adopt Chaosium's percentile system, or the 3D6 of GURPS, or any non-Hasbro company's D20 or OGL rules.

If I may wax Aristo-Newtonian here (or Gygaxo-Greenwoodian):

A subject in life tends towards death.
A subject in death tends to remain in death.
If the subject has anything to do with the Forgotten Realms, it will probably come back to life sooner, rather than later.

I think that we should call those Kreen's First, Second, and Third Laws of Existence.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 08 May 2008 19:15:30
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  19:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
I would certainly welcome, as a Realms DM, having a detailed "posse" of rip-roaring Waterdhavian nobles (active in the 3e Realms timeline, he added hastily) who can be met with trolling the taverns and nightclubs of OTHER cities (e.g. in Amn, Tethyr, Cormyr, Sembia, etc.). I don't need stats so much as descriptions, interests, defensive tactics (do they just have obvious bodyguards, or do they also have plain-clothes, watch-from-a-distance guardians? any personal protective magic items?).
Of course, for a DM switching to 4e hundred-years-later Realms at some point, obviously these nobles fathered offspring wherever they went, who've grown up to (ahem) "replace" them in terms of dramatic roles a DM can use them in (comic relief, adventure-starters, patrons for PCs . . .)
Hoping Ed can oblige in the fullness of time,
thanks,
Malcolm

Edited by - Malcolm on 08 May 2008 19:16:32
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  19:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
A campaign-related question for Ed and THO, please.
In the pre-Spellplague Realms, if a Harper was killed by a Malaugrym and was seen by someone trusted by the Harpers (or another Harper) who managed to report the Malaugrym to a Harper right away, how quickly would this word spread among Harpers? How quickly would they tell a Chosen of Mystra, and again, how quickly would other Chosen know?
I'm thinking: Malaugrym revealed, witness speaks of it to a senior Harper or Master Harper within an hour or so, is believed instantly . . . so how swiftly does word get around, after that?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Dalor, I don't think you have to shell out shekels to get an answer from Ed. Your question is one he should certainly be able to usefully answer for you, for free. Probably updating (if scantily) his old POLY lore to boot.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  22:54:48  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hmm. By the sounds of things in Rich Baker's Questions thread as of right now, Dalor, you might also want to check it out (and then THE SWORDMAGE and its two sequels when they get released). Seems as if Thentia, at least, is getting some "new" old lore.
BB
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  01:24:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
quote:

Dalor, I don't think you have to shell out shekels to get an answer from Ed. Your question is one he should certainly be able to usefully answer for you, for free. Probably updating (if scantily) his old POLY lore to boot.
love,
THO

Did I ever mention that I love you guys?

Thanks THO and Ed...you are and Queen!

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  03:06:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all! I bring another Ed Realmslore reply for us all, this time to a question posed by crazedventurers: “As a follow up to the Goldenfields answer, do communities keep extensive warrens and fish ponds to supplement food production. If so would there be similar advancements in creating the right type of environment for the rabbits and fish to flourish? (either 'natural' or magical)
Also do other faiths use similar 'bountyful prayers' a la Chauntea to increase crop yields, animal husbandry, growth of trees etc to 'speed up/ensure productivity.
Do wizards get involved in this work, for instance would the Crown of Cormyr encourage Wizards of War to develop spells that banish pests or create 'instant fertiliser' etc?
Thanks”
Ed replies:

A handful of communities keep warrens and fish ponds to “farm” meat and fish for the table (and most steadings across the Realms are mixed-crop farms where game is kept penned for food, from lizards in some of the hot lands to the familiar chickens in temperate Dalelands). Many coastal communities construct weirs as “live pens” for shellfish and other fish collected in tidal shore nets and traps . . . and so on.
Yes, clergy of Umberlee in the case of said coastal communities, and many other deities in places where temples of that god exist in a community, have developed small spells that keep eggs (and plants) warm but not too warm (and wet but not too wet) regardless of outside weather. So other faiths do work to increase crop yields, tend livestock, renew and shape natural growth, etc. to help feed local mouths. However, this is small-scale, often “unofficial” as opposed to being part of the doctrine of the faith, and “sideline” (whereas for Chauntea, it’s the main thrust of worship and religious service).
Wizards get involved in such work rarely. In Cormyr, War Wizards were called in to work hard alongside every other spellcaster in the realm to help repair things (prevent famine, and banish the blight) in the wake of the Devil Dragon war, but in general it would not be part of their work to do so. Across the Realms, a wizard MIGHT develop a pest-banishing or crop fertilizing magic if commissioned to do so, but it isn’t the sort of magic that most arcane spell users and creators would think of trying to create, or be comfortable developing. They would have to “work up to it” by crafting, handling, and mastering spells that brought them closer, step by step, to this sort of nurturing (as opposed to what they are more used to: spells of short or instantaneous duration that cause damage or an effect that is often violent and usually a single-step transformation as opposed to initiating or boosting natural growth or development.

So saith Ed. Who has been creating official spells for the game since 1979 or so, and has built up quite a roster of them (and if one uses the "component" spells he put into Volo's Guide To all Things Magical, it's possible to roleplay a one-player-one-DM campaign, or a more conventional campaign using several PC wizards, focused on continuously devising and using new spells).
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 09 May 2008 03:09:48
Go to Top of Page

Longtime Lurker
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  03:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Longtime Lurker's Homepage Send Longtime Lurker a Private Message
Quick campaign question for Ed or THO: if I need to build a sturdy, year-round-habitable but modest home in the Dales VERY QUICKLY, and can't call on magic, how should I do it? Type of construction, whom to call on, how much expect to pay?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  18:13:19  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:

Hello again, all! I bring another Ed Realmslore:
A handful of communities keep warrens and fish ponds to “farm” meat and fish for the table <<SNIPPED>>

Wizards get involved in such work rarely.
Across the Realms, a wizard MIGHT develop a pest-banishing or crop fertilizing magic if commissioned to do so, but it isn’t the sort of magic that most arcane spell users and creators would think of trying to create, or be comfortable developing. They would have to “work up to it” by crafting, handling, and mastering spells that brought them closer, step by step, to this sort of nurturing (as opposed to what they are more used to: spells of short or instantaneous duration that cause damage or an effect that is often violent and usually a single-step transformation as opposed to initiating or boosting natural growth or development.

Thank you for the response

re wizards and their lack of 'nuturing', is this a deliberate 'out of game' design choice to differentiate between priests and wizards so that each class is 'special'? or is their an 'in-game' reason? i.e. an agreement between Mystra and Chauntea/Lathander? (or probably a bit of both?? )

I am suprised that Sembian/Amnian/insert other very wealthy merchant farmers have not had developed large scale wizardly spells that they can control for their own profits (GM foods anyone?) without 'troublesome' priests sticking their prayer books and doctrine in the way? If I was a very wealthy Sembian land owner who did not care too much about the environment and only about profit, then why not get the house wizard to create an 'instant fertiliser' spell to increase crop yields and not have to worry about resting fallow land therefore increasing profits?

If a non-Chauntean wizard did manage to create an 'instant fertiliser' spell that covered lots of ground (several acres) very quickly and effectively with no (or miniscule) damaging ecological effects how would the Church of Chauntea react? Would they see this as a 'threat' to their doctrine? and if so what steps would they take to ensure this spell was not used? Am wondering how radical Chauntea's faithful might get?

(I know that if 'instant fertiliser' was severely damaging then all/most of the nature faiths as well as the Harpers et al would do their best to ensure the spell is removed from use.)

Cheers

Damian
who is off to ponder a campaign arc based around Sembian backed wizards stepping onto the toes of the Chauntea faithful with less than subtle fertiliser spells

ps How would Tolgar Anuvien react to what certain Harpells are doing with livestock? IIRC from Streams of Silver by Bob, a Harpell wizard was raising minimals and then making them full size for slaughter and consumption? (Was this a Bob idea or something from the home Realms campaign that you might have mentioned to Bob if/when he asked for info on the Harpells?).

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  18:26:50  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well Met Ed and THO

A question about Tolgar Anuvien if I may?

We know that from Volo's Guide to the North he wields Chauntea's Mace of Fire and Sword. I thought that Chautea's faithful saw unrestrained magical fire as an anathema to their faith and something that should be avoided at all costs?

Am wondering about the contradiction?

Cheers

Damian
who has lots of Chauntea related questions banging around his brain today - and believes that Chauntea is one of the more interesting Gods in the Realms and needs more Lore coming to light especially their planting and harveting rituals/festivals and 'bountyful prayers'.

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

A Gavel
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2008 :  01:24:05  Show Profile  Visit A Gavel's Homepage Send A Gavel a Private Message
Hello Ed and Lady THO,
I am intrigued by the possibility that Ed's "home" Realms campaign includes not just plane-hopping, but world hopping. Have the Knights or other Realms-based PCs ever visited Aglirta/Darsar, Castlemourn, Embersea, or any other fictional settings (Ed's or those of other writers)?
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
778 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2008 :  04:47:59  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
My Dear Lady Hooded One:

Adversity?
My, you are a master of understatement. Keep the questions coming, you say?
Surely we can do that.

Any permanent aches or pains from the gunshot wound?
Can any information about ?Elfhold? (I believe I saw the name, maybe I'm wrong) within the Hullack forest be shared? Also, wasn't there a Starym stronghold within the Hullack forest?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 103 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000