Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ironfang Keep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2007 :  14:32:10  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markusty - I appreciate the change you made to the picture of Ironfang Keep. It now looks as massive as it should. Thanks. Any chance of convincing you to put together some interior maps of the keep? I'm even willing to resort to bribery.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849

Edited by - Halidan on 09 Nov 2007 14:33:10
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2007 :  18:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A nice pic, Markustay! Thanks to share it with us!

And, of course, thanks to Brian James for the excellent article. The Whispers and Legends part give me some good ideas to a plot for one of my campaigns.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2007 :  08:36:24  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Thats Okay, I moved both Kender and 'Krynotaurs' into my Realms (the standard ones are bigger and more primitive, and the Krynnish ones have human feet rather then hooves). Just because TSR/WotC chooses to ignore something doesn't mean we can't use it anyway.

BTW, I altered the pic - the doorways were too large compared to the rest of the building.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/MarkusTay/Ironfang_Keep2.jpg

Now imagine that the doorways are made to allow Titans, and the Dragon above is a venerable Great Wyrm.

BTW - Great article Brian.

Wasn't this fortress made by giants? Thus the doorways would be larger than normal.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2007 :  16:53:06  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:

Thats Okay, I moved both Kender and 'Krynotaurs' into my Realms (the standard ones are bigger and more primitive, and the Krynnish ones have human feet rather then hooves). Just because TSR/WotC chooses to ignore something doesn't mean we can't use it anyway.

BTW, I altered the pic - the doorways were too large compared to the rest of the building.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/MarkusTay/Ironfang_Keep2.jpg

Now imagine that the doorways are made to allow Titans, and the Dragon above is a venerable Great Wyrm.

BTW - Great article Brian.

Wasn't this fortress made by giants? Thus the doorways would be larger than normal.

Making the doors smaller and saying that giants STILL fit thru them with ease allows you to think the structure is MUCH larger.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  05:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I figure there's much more below ground that we can't see.
Mark is quite correct. There is an extensive network of underground passageways and chambers beneath Ironfang Keep. Perhaps one day we'll see a map and/or an adventure set in the Keep.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames

Edited by - Brian R. James on 11 Nov 2007 05:01:23
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  15:20:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James
Perhaps one day we'll see a map and/or an adventure set in the Keep.

Is that a wild guess of yours or a hint-hint, Brian?!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  14:15:25  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehehe. No, not a hint this time.

I'm currently working on a web enhancement for the Grand History set far to the west of Ironfang Keep.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  16:43:56  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Hehehe. No, not a hint this time.

I'm currently working on a web enhancement for the Grand History set far to the west of Ironfang Keep.

Interesting enough! Can you already provide a little more detial, esp. when it will be posted at the WotC page?!?!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000