Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 is it possible to play d&d by yourself
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2008 :  01:09:55  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stonwulfe

Is it possible to play D&D by yourself? Yes. In fact, BioWare's made a killing because of it.

Heh, great point. There is a such thing as D&D-based, single player CRPGs.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

tenacious1
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  15:07:15  Show Profile  Visit tenacious1's Homepage Send tenacious1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

4. The Guest Spot - keep his character level current with the other PC's (assume he is adventuring on his own when not with them) and just have his character show up whenever he can make it.

That's the way my old PnP groups would handle it, if one of our members were out to sea, vacation, previous commitments etc, that person's character would be omitted most of the time. If the player had been gone for multiple sessions, then, at the next session he attends, the player who was absent was granted just enough xp to make him level appropriate (typically this was within 1-2 levels if memory serves and it depended on the DM). If one session ended in the midst of a dungeon or some other large event where the players are stuck in the middle of something, the DMs would occasionally take him over and run him mostly just by the numbers...as the RP could never be true to the player who created him.

In the end, other than online games, there's really no good way to play with yourself.

(I'm 34 and I still love 15 year old humor )

Edited by - tenacious1 on 16 Jan 2008 15:11:15
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  18:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:
Originally posted by riot the outsider

I agree people on here need to grow up,

why?

Becasue some folks lack a sense of humor.

It's not that, kids can get on this site.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000