Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Stardeep: Chapters 1 - 6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
648 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  07:00:59  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I will state at the onset that I am not really a fan of Bruce's writing, I am liking what I've read thusfar. Not stumbling over bad editing, like I did with Lady of Poison and Darkvision makes it seem at this early stage that this is the best of his three FR novels thusfar.

I'm also not a great fan of anything elvish, so I don't know how I will tolerate the rest of the book if it is too elf-centric, but I have been both startled and surprised by the chapters dealing with Gage and Raidon. Even the Hal/Computer (Star Trek) in the form of Cynosure is quite refreshing.

When I first saw that Bruce Cordell was again an author for one of the FR books on my list to buy/read, it concerned me, but it seems that I will actually end up liking this well enough. Certainly, nothing can at this stage be worse than Heirs of Prophecy.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

I am a sexy, shoeless god of war!

The Sellplague began, for all intents and purposes, in the dominions of the Corporation. Greed murdered Good Design, unraveling common sense in the cosmos and destroying her dominion. At the same time, Sales Fears and Warcraft Envy happened into alignment. This cataclysmic coincidence led to upheaval, shaking apart the primeval order, opening up holes in wallets, and reshaping everything...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000