Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Depths of Madness: Chapters 8 - 13

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 28 Feb 2007 : 21:03:06
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Depths of Madness(Book 1 of The Dungeons series), by Erik Scott de Bie. Please discuss chapters 8 - 13 ("Old Friends and New") herein:
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 09 Jul 2007 : 15:34:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

I kid too. It's not the fact that it was lesbian that was offputting, but rather that the premise didn't come off properly for me, personally. I did understand the underlying nuances of why, but didn't see the how as being convincing.

Noted! Sorry it didn't work better for you.

Also--at least *I* don't think of it as a lesbian sort of moment. Only Twilight was the one with any sort of erotic intentions. I wouldn't want to label Taslin as a closet lesbian.

I mean, Twilight needs more time to work on her. You know!

quote:
Oh, that's why I asked. There was a paragraph where one of the characters "spit" out some words, and a page or so later someone else "spat" out something. I wasn't sure if "spit" might also be past tense in American English, since it certainly isn't where I come from.

'Twould probably be better just to say "said," eh?

Cheers
Kyrene Posted - 09 Jul 2007 : 08:11:59
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. But if you're interested in an explanation, read on!
and resentful that Taslin "forced" it out of her.

There's a lesbian scene in the book? Quick call the Morals Police!

I kid too. It's not the fact that it was lesbian that was offputting, but rather that the premise didn't come off properly for me, personally. I did understand the underlying nuances of why, but didn't see the how as being convincing.

quote:

quote:
Things that didn't work for me aside, what's with "spit" and "spat"? Bad editing, or real use of the words in American English? I'm glad to notice a lot less editorial mistakes in this book than I have seen in other Realms novels, but I have noticed them, whereas Ghostwalker I can't recall a single one.

I couldn't speak for the editing or the type-setting. I couldn't really guess what you're talking about specificially here. "Spit" is the present tense of "spat," which is the past tense.

Oh, that's why I asked. There was a paragraph where one of the characters "spit" out some words, and a page or so later someone else "spat" out something. I wasn't sure if "spit" might also be past tense in American English, since it certainly isn't where I come from.

I actually finished the book on Saturday, therefore moving on to the next section...
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 07 Jul 2007 : 01:04:58
Sleyvas and Kyrene, I've sought to answer both your sets of questions in this post.

Lyrna, you're spot on!

quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

I know it's been established by all the prior works pertaining to 'Light that she does swing bisexual, but the quasy lesbian scene just didn't work for me. It seemed a little forced and altogether not very believable.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. But if you're interested in an explanation, read on! Sleyvas had pretty much the right of it (see his explanation, above)--this is Twilight being needy and reading more into the gesture than there is. This is not a romantic moment between the two--or, perhaps, it is, but not for both of them.

quote:
I see no reason that 'Light would have even attempted to comfort Taslin (yay I got the name right this time), regardless of such comforting then leading to other things. Also, despite Taslin seeing Asson's death in a different light than I would as a human, I don't think she'd fall straight out of his now-cold-and-squashed-arms straight into the arms of another.

Sheesh! Show two ladies kissing and the lesbian alarm goes off!

I kid, I kid. Yes, Twilight's bisexual (we've never seen her in a relationship with a woman yet, but hey, it could happen). No, Taslin isn't. And that's largely what's established in this scene!

From Taslin's perspective, this scene is her attempt to connect to Twilight and remind herself that she is still alive, even with Asson being dead. Kissing may not be a platonic sort of thing in most of our society, but that's really all Taslin means by it. It's a "celebrate life" moment.

From Twilight's perspective (Twilight being torn up about Asson as well, after her own fashion), this is the moment where Taslin turns to her for a new lover--which, of course, doesn't prove to be the case. Twilight doesn't comprehend friendship, so it's unthinkable that Taslin might want to connect to her in a non-romantic sense.

It's a misunderstanding between the two of them, which results in Twilight feeling rather stupid to have misinterpreted, uncomfortable with what she may have revealed about herself, and resentful that Taslin "forced" it out of her.

quote:
Then straight after, we get Taslin encouraging Liet to go and comfort 'Light. Again, since Liet had been bumbling-sneaking his way into 'Light's breeches anyway by now, I just felt this scene was a little forced. The only motivation of Taslin's part I can come up with would be a spiteful one -- in retribution for 'Light "forcing" herself into Taslin's grief -- and I can't reconcile that with Taslin's character as painted thusfar.

My intention in this scene was to present Taslin as wise and not a little compassionate--having just had that scene with Twilight minutes earlier, she understands that Twilight needs physical/romantic/erotic comfort, rather than any kind of platonic reassurance or connection (what Taslin took from Twilight). So that's the deal--she's not trying to inflict Liet on Twilight like a disease. She just sees that Liet very much goggles over Twilight, and understands that that's what Twilight needs--someone to take care of her needs.

quote:
Things that didn't work for me aside, what's with "spit" and "spat"? Bad editing, or real use of the words in American English? I'm glad to notice a lot less editorial mistakes in this book than I have seen in other Realms novels, but I have noticed them, whereas Ghostwalker I can't recall a single one.

I couldn't speak for the editing or the type-setting. I couldn't really guess what you're talking about specificially here. "Spit" is the present tense of "spat," which is the past tense.

quote:
Broken things aside, here's my take on 'Light's group. They are all thralls -- for lack of a better word -- of whomever is the master/mistress of the dungeon. And it's probably not Gestal, since s/he/it was just as shocked at the hand coming out of the wall.

That's a neat theory. No comment!

quote:
That brings up another thought though, what's up with that. It seems the Depths of Madness is like a far creepier version of Undermountain, where the DM can even control the physical realm his/her poor unfortunate and thoroughly trapped adventurers find themselves in.

An even neater theory!

quote:
I'm not familiar with Slip's divine type sorcery/spell thievery, how does it work?

Slip is what's called a Favored Soul--which is a divine caster who uses magic intuitively, rather than through prayer and study. (First introduced in the D&D miniatures game, then the Complete Divine sourcebook.) It's like the sorcerer compared to the wizard. If I wanted to bring up an example of a favored soul, I'd probably pick on Cadderly from the Cleric Quintet, who seems--to me at least--to be a direct conduit of Deneir's power, and thus a favored soul.

As for her thieving--that isn't tied to her favored soul abilities. She's just a multiclass favored soul/rogue. (Because really, aren't all halflings at least a little rogue? )

As for Slip's build--well, only time will show.

quote:
Liet can rebuke undead? Liet can rebuke the living? Liet is a wuss, but can stand up to Davoren's demonic/devilish suggestion? Talk about a high will save

Yeah, there's something up with Liet. I believe it's mentioned at some point that it might be untapped sorcery. Or it could be something else. The favor of a deity, perhaps? Or maybe it's nothing. Who knows?

quote:
Davoren killing Asson or helping to get him killed? He's not just a bully but a stupid one too?

It's not stupid to try and get away with things that will aid you. Davoren sees Asson (as a wizard) as a threat. Given the opportunity--bye bye Asson. I left it purposefully unclear whether Davoren actually did something to contribute to Asson's death. The book doesn't come firmly out and say.

quote:
He serves a devilish master, yet can be harmed by cold iron, not silver?

Davoren is both devilish (in power) and demonic (in nature). There is abyssal blood in his ancestry.

quote:
The unseen DM can reshape the dungeon, yet won't "cut" a side tunnel for his pet troll and leaves the poor dumb schmuck to warhammer his way past the debris?

That's a good question. Why *won't* s/he do that?

quote:
Still enjoying the book, it's just a little too disjointed, even more than I suppose you intended it to be. Or perhaps you did...

Well, somethings that seem disjointed are intentionally disjointed--the explanation just isn't revealed yet. All I can say is, read on!

Cheers
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 23:34:31
I, too, saw the "lesbian" scene as an instance of both characters needing comfort--albeit different levels of it. Grief does different things to different people.
sleyvas Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 19:11:47
The lesbian seen threw me off for a second too, but only until I realized that it was Twilight that was being needy right there. Basically, I see it as Taslin leaned in to give a platonic comforting kiss and Twilight let down some defenses that she'd been trying to hold up for a while. That's a lot of what I see in this section is that Twilight just keeps losing all these defensive mechanisms she'd put in place, even to the point that she begins to think that she can't even trust herself.

Davoren serves Asmodeus, but he's born of the Abyss. This is why he's got the weakness to cold iron.

Yeah, I'd like to know more of Slip as well... she can heal and she's a sneaky type. Is she by chance an evil bard, or is there some class I'm not familiar with that opens up some abilities? I don't want to reveal what you find out later, but more about her "build" would be of interest to me.
Kyrene Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 09:10:28
As I mentioned in the 1-7 thread, I'll rather post my thoughts (if any in this vacuous skull of mine) and questions here, even if they still pertain to chapters 1-7.

Some thoughts first:
I know it's been established by all the prior works pertaining to 'Light that she does swing bisexual, but the quasy lesbian scene just didn't work for me. It seemed a little forced and altogether not very believable. I see no reason that 'Light would have even attempted to comfort Taslin (yay I got the name right this time), regardless of such comforting then leading to other things. Also, despite Taslin seeing Asson's death in a different light than I would as a human, I don't think she'd fall straight out of his now-cold-and-squashed-arms straight into the arms of another.

Then straight after, we get Taslin encouraging Liet to go and comfort 'Light. Again, since Liet had been bumbling-sneaking his way into 'Light's breeches anyway by now, I just felt this scene was a little forced. The only motivation of Taslin's part I can come up with would be a spiteful one -- in retribution for 'Light "forcing" herself into Taslin's grief -- and I can't reconcile that with Taslin's character as painted thusfar.

Broken things aside, here's my take on 'Light's group. They are all thralls -- for lack of a better word -- of whomever is the master/mistress of the dungeon. And it's probably not Gestal, since s/he/it was just as shocked at the hand coming out of the wall.

That brings up another thought though, what's up with that. It seems the Depths of Madness is like a far creepier version of Undermountain, where the DM can even control the physical realm his/her poor unfortunate and thoroughly trapped adventurers find themselves in.

Questions:
I'm not familiar with Slip's divine type sorcery/spell thievery, how does it work?

Liet can rebuke undead? Liet can rebuke the living? Liet is a wuss, but can stand up to Davoren's demonic/devilish suggestion? Talk about a high will save

Davoren killing Asson or helping to get him killed? He's not just a bully but a stupid one too? He serves a devilish master, yet can be harmed by cold iron, not silver?

The unseen DM can reshape the dungeon, yet won't "cut" a side tunnel for his pet troll and leaves the poor dumb schmuck to warhammer his way past the debris?

Still enjoying the book, it's just a little too disjointed, even more than I suppose you intended it to be. Or perhaps you did...
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 16 Apr 2007 : 15:49:26
I wouldn't be too worried -- Byers's, Smedman's, Athans's, Greenwood's, and my stories are all not terribly connected to a particular trilogy. (That is, you don't have to read anything else to be on the same page.)

For Greenwood, it would help to have some sense of the Knights of Myth Drannor, but the story is rather just an independent adventure that they have.

For Baker, who writes the Last Mythal trilogy, the story does indeed take place during the trilogy, but as long as you have a general sense of what's going on in the trilogy (i.e. the elves are returning to Faerun and waging this big "crusade" to reclaim their homelands), then you're totally good.

Cheers
Dhomal Posted - 16 Apr 2007 : 03:34:18
Hello-

Thats the sort of thing I was worried about. :)

I seem to have fallen behind in trilogy-reading, while I concentrated during the last yaer or more on all the class novels and such.

With Salvatore - I lost track of what I have read - and what I have not - but I fear I am like 9-12 books behind there. :)

But - rest assured - I will dig it out and read through it! :)

Dhomal
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 15 Apr 2007 : 16:35:30
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Well - I own the book already. However - I was somewhat waiting to read from it as I had thought that many of the stories related to the trilogy - ah - can't remember name.

Anyway - I will look into it after Depths and after I read the lead-in short story.

Cool, cool -- the anthology as a whole relates thematically (elves) to the Last Mythal trilogy.

Salvatore's story is very much connected to the Hunter's Blades trilogy, so you might want to put it off unless you've made it through that trilogy.

Byers's story is a prequel to the Rogue Dragons trilogy (prequel by 10,000 years or some such).

Cheers
Dhomal Posted - 15 Apr 2007 : 06:11:49
Hello-

Well - I own the book already. However - I was somewhat waiting to read from it as I had thought that many of the stories related to the trilogy - ah - can't remember name.

Anyway - I will look into it after Depths and after I read the lead-in short story.

Dhomal
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 14 Apr 2007 : 23:37:40
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Hello-
I ifinished this section - and have since started to plunge further on!
I came in and read the comments here afterwards - but did not have the time to make any comments at the time.
I am really enjoying the book Erik!

Excellent! I'm glad, and I look forward to any and all comments your time and inclinations permit.

quote:
From what I have read here - this is not Twilight's first appearance. However - it is my first finding of her - where else has she appeared - other than the web store attached to Depths? (*Which I have printed - but I am reading the book first. :) *)

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

It's in Erik's story in Realms of the Elves.

What 'e said.

(It's an anthology you should definitely pick up -- there are very excellent stories in there.)

Cheers
Kajehase Posted - 14 Apr 2007 : 05:19:40
It's in Erik's story in Realms of the Elves.
Dhomal Posted - 14 Apr 2007 : 04:40:09
Hello-

I ifinished this section - and have since started to plunge further on!

I came in and read the comments here afterwards - but did not have the time to make any comments at the time.

I am really enjoying the book Erik!

I do have one, somewhat naieve question. :)

From what I have read here - this is not Twilight's first appearance. However - it is my first finding of her - where else has she appeared - other than the web store attached to Depths? (*Which I have printed - but I am reading the book first. :) *)

Many thanks!

Dhomal
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 05 Apr 2007 : 00:11:34
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Way to work that segway Erik

What can I say?

King of transitions.

Cheers
KnightErrantJR Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 22:55:11
Way to work that segway Erik
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 22:52:32
I've never broken a bone of my own, so I couldn't really say . . .

No -- as someone who's had his fair share of laying up and healing, I sympathize entirely.

And trying to cope whilst one has broken bones isn't as off-topic as it seems, apropos certain events that may or may not unfold later in the book . . .

Cheers
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 20:30:25
Not to bring the scroll off track, but...

I've had a broken leg before (albeit in 2nd grade, when I was 8/9 years old), so I definitely have an idea of what it's like--not fun. Hope your wife gets well soon.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 20:27:39
I don't want to take up valuable space in this scroll going off topic, but thanks RF and Erik, I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm sure she will as well when I have the chance to relay the information to her. She has a broken leg, and as such, there are far worse things that can befall a person, but its going to take a while to heal, and she isn't the type that likes to sit still.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 17:49:13
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

So, between Depths of Madness and the Hunter's Blades Trilogy, we have established that when elven women loose their mate, they tend to make out with someone. Were I living in Faerun, I think, mayhap, a greif councilor located near elven lands.

Well, you know, the best way to deal with death is to embrace life, I suppose.

quote:
The fight between Davoren and Twilight was definately interesting, and I did feel bad for Asson and Taslin. So, the hordes of grimlocks, fiendish lizardfolk, and the purple worm weren't enough, out villan has to really screw with Taslin by giving her the doll? That is a sick person right there . . .

Yes yes. And his motivation will make him seem even MORE sick.

quote:
I am interested to find out who the heck Gestal really is, who is REALLY pulling the strings, how the Sharn figure into this, and why the heck a city in Eberron is named after large oily black teardrop creatures with multiple hands. However, I'm only expecting an answer to about three of the four questions I pose here.

Yep, you'll learn the answers to three of four.

And I imagine that Keith Baker just liked the name.

quote:
Definately an interesting read Erik, though I must admit I'm not tearing through it as quickly as I would like. Its not a "light" read, and with my wife laid up and on crutches, its hard to sit down and really dive into the book with my full attention. But its worth the effort.

Take your time, and I'm glad you're enjoying!

And happy thoughts to your wife -- I hope she gets well soon.

Cheers
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 17:39:51
Sorry to hear about your wife.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 04 Apr 2007 : 16:54:40
So, between Depths of Madness and the Hunter's Blades Trilogy, we have established that when elven women loose their mate, they tend to make out with someone. Were I living in Faerun, I think, mayhap, a greif councilor located near elven lands.

I've definately pick up on the intentional "start in the middle of something," and "quick shift" style of this to keep the reader off guard. I'm enjoying the book, but I am getting to that tipping point between learning a little bit that it actually "true" and having new bumps in the road thrown as to make things more confusing.

The fight between Davoren and Twilight was definately interesting, and I did feel bad for Asson and Taslin. So, the hordes of grimlocks, fiendish lizardfolk, and the purple worm weren't enough, out villan has to really screw with Taslin by giving her the doll? That is a sick person right there . . .

I am interested to find out who the heck Gestal really is, who is REALLY pulling the strings, how the Sharn figure into this, and why the heck a city in Eberron is named after large oily black teardrop creatures with multiple hands. However, I'm only expecting an answer to about three of the four questions I pose here.

Definately an interesting read Erik, though I must admit I'm not tearing through it as quickly as I would like. Its not a "light" read, and with my wife laid up and on crutches, its hard to sit down and really dive into the book with my full attention. But its worth the effort.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Mar 2007 : 00:14:41
quote:

"Everything"? That's a lot to ask, don't you think?

Heh, yeah actually it is.

quote:
Who knows? I could always come back and explore the character more -- it's up to Wizards, and I suppose that depends at least in part on the book's reception.

Cheers

P.S. Tell your friends!

Trust me, I spread the word about books I like.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 02:57:41
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I can't wait to find out more, although I have a feeling there's so much to this character there's no way we're going to learn everything. I'll try to be content with what is offered.

"Everything"? That's a lot to ask, don't you think?

Who knows? I could always come back and explore the character more -- it's up to Wizards, and I suppose that depends at least in part on the book's reception.

Cheers

P.S. Tell your friends!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 02:45:13
quote:

Indeed! Though it wasn't entirely through his own actions that he perished. Davoren may or may not have had something to do with that.

quote:
I was quite surprised, in a good way, at the scene involving Twilight and Taslin. I think that scene reveals more about Twilight and what makes her tick than any other scene in the book so far (and I'm up to Chapter 17). She's obviously quite the wounded soul.

That was an interesting scene -- the first draft didn't necessarily work, so I reworked it quite significantly . . . putting it entirely in Twilight's perspective, for instance, since it was originally mostly Taslin's perspective.

Yes, she definitely is pretty deeply wounded.

As for "what makes her tick," I think you'll find another scene near the end, which involves climbing . . . but I won't give it all away.

Cheers

I can't wait to find out more, although I have a feeling there's so much to this character there's no way we're going to learn everything. I'll try to be content with what is offered.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 02:43:04
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Needless to say, I was saddened at Asson's death. But at least he died doing something heroic (that is, trying to help the others escape).

Indeed! Though it wasn't entirely through his own actions that he perished. Davoren may or may not have had something to do with that.

quote:
I was quite surprised, in a good way, at the scene involving Twilight and Taslin. I think that scene reveals more about Twilight and what makes her tick than any other scene in the book so far (and I'm up to Chapter 17). She's obviously quite the wounded soul.

That was an interesting scene -- the first draft didn't necessarily work, so I reworked it quite significantly . . . putting it entirely in Twilight's perspective, for instance, since it was originally mostly Taslin's perspective.

Yes, she definitely is pretty deeply wounded.

As for "what makes her tick," I think you'll find another scene near the end, which involves climbing . . . but I won't give it all away.

Cheers
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 01:35:44
quote:
Originally posted by TheGato

...must resist urge to skip work, so I can go home to read and find out!!

I consider myself lucky to have a job where I can read when there is downtime.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 01:35:01
Needless to say, I was saddened at Asson's death. But at least he died doing something heroic (that is, trying to help the others escape).

Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 23 Mar 2007 : 14:01:58
quote:

quote:

Did that scene come off well? It was something of a late addition to the text.

Well it left me asking wtf? And from what I can tell I think maybe thats the way it was supposed to come off? Not only that, but I was really engorssed in reading at that point and it was just a little dark and creepy. But right at the part with the hand and eye my phone rings and I swear I almost jumped out of bed!

Ha! What a great story. I take that as a great compliment.

quote:

Yea I remember that it dusturbed him. Which really makes want to know whats going on here!

Heheh -- what a great compliment.

Cheers
TheGato Posted - 23 Mar 2007 : 13:11:38
quote:

Chapter 12, actually, but no worries! That's why the threads are big, to give you plenty of room to land in the right ballpark.

Right 12. I realized that when I got home and finished chapter 13

quote:

Well it left me asking wtf? And from what I can tell I think maybe thats the way it was supposed to come off? Not only that, but I was really engorssed in reading at that point and it was just a little dark and creepy. But right at the part with the hand and eye my phone rings and I swear I almost jumped out of bed!

quote:

As well you shouldn't, because it's totally ridiculous. Why would you just up and forget something like that? Answer: you wouldn't.

Unless, of course, you block scary/traumatic things out of your mind, or are being manipulated by a malign genius. . .

Right. Either hes been traumitized in the past or someones manipulating him.

quote:

Ahem. Could be. Could indeed be.

And considering that we see Gestal right there, it seems quite likely he's somehow involved. The hand/arm/eye disturbs him as well, eh?

And most significant: if it disturbs him as well, then by all likelihood it's not *part* of him, i.e. not his doing.

Yea I remember that it dusturbed him. Which really makes want to know whats going on here!

Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 22 Mar 2007 : 15:44:47
quote:

I bleieve this was in chapter 13 but im not certain...
(I have a slight issue with retaining specific things with what I read sometimes) :P

Chapter 12, actually, but no worries! That's why the threads are big, to give you plenty of room to land in the right ballpark.

quote:
The bit where theyre resting and Taslin convinces Liet to be a man and go to Twilight.

quote:
On his way there he sees this hand and an eye come out of the wall and change the wall, then he is frozen with fear for a moment. But when he sees her it completely slips his mind. WTF? heh. How can one forget something like that. Im not buying it.

As well you shouldn't, because it's totally ridiculous. Why would you just up and forget something like that? Answer: you wouldn't.

Unless, of course, you block scary/traumatic things out of your mind, or are being manipulated by a malign genius. . .

quote:
Could it be that Gestal had something to do with that?

Ahem. Could be. Could indeed be.

And considering that we see Gestal right there, it seems quite likely he's somehow involved. The hand/arm/eye disturbs him as well, eh?

And most significant: if it disturbs him as well, then by all likelihood it's not *part* of him, i.e. not his doing.

Cheers

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000