Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Mintiper's Chapbook

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 15 Sep 2006 : 20:13:07
I was just looking over some old notes and remembered how useful Eric L. Boyd's Mintiper's Chapbook articles were for me..so I wanted to thank Eric and wish he could eithor continue the Chapbook tales or if he could start something similiar

so for anyone that wants to read the articles:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829a

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MerrikCale Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 00:41:37
Definately pitch it Eric they are great
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 07 Oct 2006 : 04:27:05
U must be talking about the trails of mists. Really very interesting bits of lore here especially tied into history of the citadel of mists etc. that one was A+++
ShadowJack Posted - 06 Oct 2006 : 19:42:24
A few months ago when developing ideas for two game story lines I remembered reading something about a series of portals used to smuggle gnomes out of Nehteril. I knew that it had been a web article on WotC. It took me several hours to locate the article in Mintiper's chapbook. It was so usefull that I printed out all of the series. I would LOVE for Eric to do more of the same. I am glad to hear that he will try to suggest it to WotC again. I can hardly wait...
Snow Posted - 05 Oct 2006 : 03:50:35
Having just re-read Part 1: Moonlight's Triumph ... I can see what Eric means by the tons of research needed prior to publishing such a thing. His attention to detail & minutae was absolutely extraordinary.

Kudos to you, Eric. And I echo the other's sentiments as well. I hope you publish more for our selfish entertainment! :)
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 04 Oct 2006 : 14:07:08
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I'm glad you all are enjoying them. I'd like to write more some day, but right now my schedule doesn't permit it. (They take a LOT of research for a small number of words.) Perhaps in a couple of months when I work through my current logjam I'll pitch it to the WoTC web team.

--Eric

thanks for replying Eric, I hope it pans out!
Jorkens Posted - 04 Oct 2006 : 08:12:16
The Mintiper Chapbooks were my favorite Web articles of all times, especially the Trail of Mists, where the gnomes finally had some place in the sun. I cant thank you enough for these articles Eric and I would love to see more of them.
Conlon Posted - 04 Oct 2006 : 03:32:55
Wow. Those are awesome! I'm running a Silver Marches campaign and I now have some great new ideas! Thanks Eric, and thanks Kalin!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Oct 2006 : 02:59:00
I'd love to see more of those, Eric. It was one of the best web features to grace the Wizards site.
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Oct 2006 : 02:05:28

I'm glad you all are enjoying them. I'd like to write more some day, but right now my schedule doesn't permit it. (They take a LOT of research for a small number of words.) Perhaps in a couple of months when I work through my current logjam I'll pitch it to the WoTC web team.

--Eric
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 01 Oct 2006 : 04:42:34
the knowledge in mchapbook is amazing! ive had many ideas from them. I REALLY REALLY wish there were more like this.not only was i enamoured with the subject but the way it has realmsfolk tell their own history is awesome.
Reefy Posted - 01 Oct 2006 : 01:00:22
Wow, that one slipped under my radar. I'll definitely be making my own copy of them.
Gray Richardson Posted - 30 Sep 2006 : 07:16:26
I most whole-heartedly agree. I remember the Mintpers Chapbooks series as some of my most favorite web articles I have ever read. I have gone back to them and mined them for ideas on several occasions. I certainly do wish that WotC and Eric would do more such web articles in a similar vein.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 15 Sep 2006 : 20:23:14
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

I was just looking over some old notes and remembered how useful Eric L. Boyd's Mintiper's Chapbook articles were for me..so I wanted to thank Eric and wish he could eithor continue the Chapbook tales or if he could start something similiar

so for anyone that wants to read the articles:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829a

Indeed, an excellent and very useful article!
Add my thanks to Eric, as my votes for something similar.
Alisttair Posted - 15 Sep 2006 : 20:19:36
Good thing I printed them all cause now I can't read them at work (something about the page being blocked for some stupid reason)....I will bring those papers to work to read on my break for sure.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000