Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ruathym, post-1357 DR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beowulf Posted - 24 Oct 2004 : 18:01:47

Can anyone enlighten me on the recent history of Ruathym?

I'm aware that First Axe Aumark united the four jarldoms of Ruathym and adjacent islands into the kingdom of Ruathym during a war with Luskan, but ther eare some obscure or confusing points that follow.

First, was Ruathym occupied by Luskan or was it about to be occupied by the Luskan's when the Lord's Alliance at last stepped in and helped liberate the island kingdom?

Second, how great of an infleunce did the Lord's Allaince have on post-war Ruathym?

Third, did Ruathym really join Luskan's Captains Confederacy by the end of the same year that the war ended?

Fourth, the North speaks of continued hostilities between Ruathym and Luskan, so when did Ruathym leave the confederacy? Would this be the result of the Krakan Society, who are said to have set Ruathym and Luskan at odds with each other in 1361 DR?

Finally, did Luskan again invade Ruathym in 1361DR, thus forcing the Lords Allaicne to (for some reason) come in and save them once again?!?!?!

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 17:45:43
Learned Scribe Beowulf,

Here you are:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ruathym

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Beowulf

Can anyone enlighten me on the recent history of Ruathym?

I'm aware that First Axe Aumark united the four jarldoms of Ruathym and adjacent islands into the kingdom of Ruathym during a war with Luskan, but ther eare some obscure or confusing points that follow.

First, was Ruathym occupied by Luskan or was it about to be occupied by the Luskan's when the Lord's Alliance at last stepped in and helped liberate the island kingdom?

Second, how great of an infleunce did the Lord's Allaince have on post-war Ruathym?

Third, did Ruathym really join Luskan's Captains Confederacy by the end of the same year that the war ended?

Fourth, the North speaks of continued hostilities between Ruathym and Luskan, so when did Ruathym leave the confederacy? Would this be the result of the Krakan Society, who are said to have set Ruathym and Luskan at odds with each other in 1361 DR?

Finally, did Luskan again invade Ruathym in 1361DR, thus forcing the Lords Allaicne to (for some reason) come in and save them once again?!?!?!

The Sage Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 01:54:37
I only have time to answer one of your questions, the first one, because I'm presently busy with PScapy-type-stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by Beowulf

Volo's Guide to the North states that Luskan abandoned and reliquished their control of Ruathym only after it faced the combined fleets of the Alliance.

- Pressed for time Sage
Arivia Posted - 24 Oct 2004 : 21:40:01
First of all, Elaine Cunningham's Tangled Webs(Part 2 of Starlight and Shadows) is the best source for much of this-it describes the 1361 conflict.

In turn:

1)About to be occupied, I think.

2)Almost none.

3)Doubtful.

4)If they did, it would have been at least half a year previous to the 1361 conflict. No-Vestress did not have enough control over either group to cause this.

5)Yes, aided by the Kraken Society. There was a single member of the Lords' Alliance there at the conflict-the main savior, so to speak, of Ruathym, would have been Liriel Baenre.

This is all memory-I can't check right now.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000