Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Caddarak vs Halls of the Four Ghosts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicolai Withander Posted - 01 Jul 2020 : 11:14:01
So, I'm trying to figure some of the ruins that scatter the High Forest. And while I have found multiple cool maps, some of them also seem to be wrong. Here's one: https://i.redd.it/lupf50b2swh31.jpg

Here's another: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/not-forgotten-realms-palant/map/7b6fbeaf-5c77-40d0-8a68-2690d06805a5

These maps places Caddarak and Halls of the Four Ghosts as two separate locales, but as far as I can tell its the same place/ ruin, respectively called "Halls of the Four Ghosts" by humans and "Caddarak" by dwarves. I have this information from the FR wiki, but I did look it up in Dwarves Deep and that source seems to agree that its indeed the same ruin. However, I'm by no stretch of the imagination, an expert on Realms ruins, so I put forth the question here:

Is Caddarak and Halls of the Four Ghost the same town/ruin or is it two separate location like shown on the maps?

Cheers!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 13 Sep 2020 : 03:40:25
Master Withander,

Indeed Master Krashos is correct; however, to get the best in map lore, I feel one would be best served by seeking out the High Herald of map making: Explorer Extraordinaire Markustay. He'll be able to answer any question you might have, to the most excruciating of detail.

Best regards,

The Arcanamach Posted - 24 Aug 2020 : 02:30:24
That first map looks like one of Schley's working. I have his map collection so I'll look to see if those locales are on any of them and if the two mentioned are together or separate.
George Krashos Posted - 01 Jul 2020 : 23:30:36
The Hall of Four Ghosts is indeed Caddarak. They are not separate places. Any map that indicates this, is wrong. Cue Eric Boyd for more lore if he's watching ...

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 01 Jul 2020 : 18:28:11
To my knowledge there is no official mention of most of the places on those maps. Unless there is a new product out the past couple years that heavily details ruins in the High Forest.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000