Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 long gone and back again...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 11 Aug 2019 : 08:48:36
Well met Sages and Readers of Realmslore... guess I'm back again, sort of after a long hiatus.

After 4E came around, I sort of left D&D and the Realms, but looks like there's something in the Weave that keeps pulling me back to Faerūn. So, yeah. I'm back and trying to catch up on things now that the game has moved to 5E.

Since my knowledge has been time-capsuled to a period prior to the Spellplague, are there any Tomes and Scrolls worthwhile pursuing to get back in the current timeflow of Realmslore? (I have 5e PHB/DMG/MM)

ps. Good to see some of the Sages of Old are still around here; May their beards grow even longer still! At least that means there are some familiar faces to me.

Greetings,
Mumadar Ibn Huzal, of Berdusk
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gary Dallison Posted - 13 Aug 2019 : 15:31:22
Never mind the dross that is 5e. George Krashos has been steadily adding wonderful realms articles set in the original timeline. Eric Boyd just released his opus (Under Illefarn Anew, which is a whole source book of lore from the good old days.Ed also did the Border Kingdoms on DMs Guild, which may officially be in the nu coke timeline, but as with Ed's stuff it's awesomely detailed and can fit right into the proper realms.

Pull up a chair and immerse yourself in lore from the real realms plus some lovely additions from the FR loremasters. There is something of a min renaissance going on with the original realms.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2019 : 16:06:48
Welcome back, Mumadar!
Irennan Posted - 11 Aug 2019 : 14:05:03
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Well met Sages and Readers of Realmslore... guess I'm back again, sort of after a long hiatus.

After 4E came around, I sort of left D&D and the Realms, but looks like there's something in the Weave that keeps pulling me back to Faerūn. So, yeah. I'm back and trying to catch up on things now that the game has moved to 5E.

Since my knowledge has been time-capsuled to a period prior to the Spellplague, are there any Tomes and Scrolls worthwhile pursuing to get back in the current timeflow of Realmslore? (I have 5e PHB/DMG/MM)

ps. Good to see some of the Sages of Old are still around here; May their beards grow even longer still! At least that means there are some familiar faces to me.

Greetings,
Mumadar Ibn Huzal, of Berdusk

There's the Sword Coast Adventuere's Guide. 5e doesn't have a FRCS proper, that book is the closest we got. However, most of the 5e changes were aimed to bring back all that 4e and late 3e took away. Countless gods have returned, even those that died in the ToT, Mulhorand is back, Maztica is back, etc... Many NPCs were also revealed to have survived or have been rezzed (even the likes of Mirt and Volo). SOme of the 4e changes stayed, though; for example the dragonborn are still in Faerun, albeit most of their home was sent back to Abeir, Asmodeus is a still a god even though Azuth has come back, and stuff like that. Too bad that, in most cases, the explanation offered was "Ao did it". ANyway, for a quick overview of the changes, there's this:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Second_Sundering
Alaundo Posted - 11 Aug 2019 : 10:36:13
Well met

Welcome back, Mumadar! Indeed it has been a considerably long time but thy presence herein within these halls is a welcome return. Hopefully there are many scrolls and tomes to catch up on and I look forward to seeing thee around.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000