Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Thanos knock-off for D&D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Jun 2019 : 04:26:16
Unless you're Amish* or you've been living under a rock, you're aware that Marvel has made a bunch of movies that lead up to the recent Infinity Way and Endgame.

For those who are somehow unaware of this, short version: There's a bad guy who is after artifacts that will let him literally reshape all of reality.

That spoiler-free intro aside, I saw these, recently:

https://www.artisandice.com/order/infinity-dice/

These guys decided to go full geek and make dice corresponding to the Infinity Stones, then statted them out as D&D versions of the stones, and then had someone write up a corresponding nastybad.

So I figured I'd share. Seems pretty nifty, to me.

A couple things I'll throw out there, though: Artisan Dice makes some freaking beautiful -- and damned pricy! -- dice. I've never dealt with them, myself (see again: damned pricy!)... But I have seen some complaints online about their speed at turning around orders and comments about their failure to respond to inquiries. I don't know if this was a temp issue, or just some overly vocal folks, or something that is a real problem with the company. I'm just making known what I've heard, before anyone decides to order from the site.

*If you're Amish, welcome! But I am really curious about what you're doing, visiting our halls...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jun 2019 : 00:58:09
quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch

That's a pretty cool idea (dice and the char sheet there).

I think $121 is too much for a dice set (I feel like I could buy the same color/die type of those for a few dollars).

Artisan Dice specializes in using some expensive and exotic materials for making dice. That $121 is cheap compared to a lot of their stuff!

Me, I'd have to have a LOT of money to just throw away to spend that much on a single set of dice. I'm not in the habit of buying dice I can't roll, and I'd be afraid to let dice that pricy even touch the table!
jamesewelch Posted - 23 Jun 2019 : 13:43:38
That's a pretty cool idea (dice and the char sheet there).

I think $121 is too much for a dice set (I feel like I could buy the same color/die type of those for a few dollars).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000