Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A novel a year

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alexander Clark Posted - 12 Apr 2019 : 11:37:00
I remember people talking about Ed Greenwood having a contract for publishing a FR novel each year.

Last Ed's novel was published in 2016. What happened to the contract?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kentinal Posted - 12 Apr 2019 : 19:22:57
What was said about the agreement. It was one novel a year or being compensated for not writing one.

Which if correct, Ed could agree not to write a novel for a dollar or 10,000. The terms of agreement not to write would need to be negotiated. If Ed was really too busy with other projects he could settle for a low sum. It takes time to write a novel. If Ed really wanted to write a novel, he could ask much higher price and if not getting it have to provide the novel.

We do not know the true contents of the entire contract. For example providing two novels one year might be good enough to not require a novel the next year. Also I am uncertain if contract says the written novel has to be published. It is possible that Ed has written many novels and they just have not being assigned a release date yet.
Seravin Posted - 12 Apr 2019 : 13:32:52
I *think* I recall something about his work on the DM Guild qualifying as published works when we learned there was no novels coming (outside of Bob's) - as much as I would love for the IP to fall back into Ed of the Greenwood (my fellow Torontonian).

THO doesn't usually discuss RL contract/business on Candlekeep so we may never know what the deal is.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000