Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR WotC style guide on DMsGuild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 28 Nov 2018 : 15:09:40
This is a guide to authors using the FR for products. It gives some insight into what WotC focuses on in the Realms as of this time.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/256823/DMsGuild-Creator-Resource--Style-Guide-Resources?filters=0_0_45476_0_0_0_0_0
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 01 Feb 2019 : 16:59:00
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

The way I see it, another error is the omission of the multiple aeries of winged elves in the Moonshaes as mentioned in Dragon 376. It seems to me that if you're going to be that specific you should at least list all of the possible other settlements.

There were also avariels on an earthmote near Chessenta from one of the dungeon mags in I think another BRJ article.

Adder Hills: This majestic chain of soaring earthmotes is one of the most inspiring sights in all Faerūn. A century ago, when the cerulean fires of the Spellplague crisscrossed the land, the Adder Hills escaped their earthly bonds to float a thousand feet or more
over the Chessentan frontier. Despite periodic shifts in elevation, the flying peaks remain more or less in a fixed position over the cratered landscape below.

Few cross underneath the Adder Hills without some trepidation that the mighty peaks might crash down upon them at a moment’s notice. The floating isles are home to warring tribes of aarakocra and avariel, neither of which welcome outsiders into their lands.

Thojan Ralwens Posted - 01 Feb 2019 : 10:37:24
Thank you for the heads up.
Lord Karsus Posted - 11 Dec 2018 : 01:03:28
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

The way I see it, another error is the omission of the multiple aeries of winged elves in the Moonshaes as mentioned in Dragon 376. It seems to me that if you're going to be that specific you should at least list all of the possible other settlements.

-Much easier said than done.
Bragi Posted - 07 Dec 2018 : 08:56:46
George Krashos Posted - 30 Nov 2018 : 05:08:27
Other than a few errors (Calendar of Harptos ... *cough*) it seems fundamentally sound. Never been a fan of real world naming conventions for Realms areas but I ignore that stuff for the most part.

-- George Krashos
Bragi Posted - 30 Nov 2018 : 02:05:26
Overall this is mostly good advice particularly for some who may not be as familiar with the realms. I did also find the singling out of the Avariel interesting while completely excluding mention of other rare elven races of the realms such as Lythari. I have a few Avariel encounters planned for my campaign but that will be while the group is in Sossal.
sleyvas Posted - 28 Nov 2018 : 16:48:09
Interesting. Considering I was planning to use them in Anchorome, I don't see it as an issue, but...

Avariel. Avariel are winged elves and extremely small in number, coming from just one settlement in the world that is far to the north of the center of Faerūn (near Sossal). They should not be used in stories.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000