Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Holy Scroll Necromancy Batman!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 16:37:17
Who let the Necromancer in?

Some interesting Realmslore discussions back in 2003/2004.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 09 Oct 2018 : 06:03:56
I think we all made that splash when first diving into Candlekeep. I know I did. Such a vast trove of Realmslore - and lost Realmslore - that it's hard to resist dredging up forgotten old scrolls.

Although a speak with dead spell might be necessary to continue discussions with scribes who have not been seen in too many years, lol. And Candlekeep's search genie is a rather elderly, limited, senile being ... the mighty google search genie is a far more knowledgeable entity when adding the "site:forum.candlekeep.com" command word within each request.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2018 : 02:38:13
Again, the issue was previously addressed, and I'm satisfied with it. It's much better than it was, so I don't think that we need to bring it up again every time he finds an old thread.

Keep in mind that there are no restrictions, here, against resurrecting old threads -- as we have recently seen. There are similarly no restrictions on a person's daily post count -- as we have recently seen.

I asked for some restraint to be shown, and though he was under no obligation to do so, he has agreed to limit himself, so as not to cause any issues.

Sure, he made a big splash that first week -- but I don't think that's cause to keep mentioning it every time he posts. I appreciate the restraint he's now showing, and I'd appreciate it if everyone else acknowledged that and cut him some slack.
BenN Posted - 09 Oct 2018 : 00:37:48
He's at it again......
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Oct 2018 : 16:41:03
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The issue has been addressed.

Does not appeared to have been well addressed.

Compared to a week or so ago, yes, it has been.
Kentinal Posted - 06 Oct 2018 : 16:03:26
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Does not appeared to have been well addressed.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Oct 2018 : 17:59:12
TBeholder Posted - 02 Oct 2018 : 15:06:19
Eh, nothing's wrong with occasional necromancy. Obvious link-farming for wikia, while kind of objectionable, is not horrible, either.
Making every single message as long as possible with lots of empty lines and then dragging a cadaver on long chain behind it for good measure is either a deliberate annoyance or some sort of attention-begging compulsion, however.
Demzer Posted - 02 Oct 2018 : 08:39:08
While I admire the scope of such a monumental undertaking, I'm afraid it has rendered one subforum (for now ...) completely useless to me (and it was one of the few with constant new threads and updates) plus most of the time the necromancy is just to point to a later source that obviously has the answer, because it was published 5-10 years after the question ...

Jeez I hate bashing people ... I'll try with a private message but I don't know if I can word everything properly without sounding a prick, anyone tried already?
BenN Posted - 02 Oct 2018 : 00:29:35
The problem is that in doing so, he's going to knock more current scrolls off the front page.
The Masked Mage Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 22:11:00
Yeah - I recommended I started with modern day and try to work backward instead :P
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 17:44:47
I think he's trying to peruse every discussion that has ever been had, here.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000