Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Nobles Campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thangorn Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 01:38:24
Hi All,

Actually looking for some canon advice and using the elder brain of Candlekeep to help me come up with something to confound my players.

I want to run a campaign in 1489DR Faerun where the PCs are all Scions of Noble Families/Ruling Factions in a City or Country that is in conflict.

The Scions are all travelling to a Grand Conclave with the High Heralds to determine once and for all who the ruler of xxx Country/City should be.

Of course they all get waylaid along the way and end up on a desert island/jungle/desert/cold wasteland and end up going into some ancient ruins/dungeon for shelter.

I'm just wanting to get ideas for -:
* What country/city will work best
* Six factions with Scions who could reasonably take power after an event like a conclave with Heralds and whatnot, preferably who hate each other.
* What would be the best setting for a waylaid/shipwrecked scenario based on that?

I'd prefer to use a country/city that doesnt that hasn't been flogged too hard in current published sources.

My ideas so far -:
* Council of Five in Amn choosing who will rule an annexed territory, shipwrecked on the way to said territory
* Impilturan nobles secretly meeting the Heralds in Conclave outside Impiltur to avoid assassination/demon attacks, get waylaid in the underdark/island in the Sea of Fallen stars along the way.

I'm sure there is more places that will suit.
What do you epic DMs and Scribes out there think?

Cheers
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thangorn Posted - 18 Jun 2018 : 09:49:07
I've gone with Cormyrean Nobles who become shipwrecked on a mysterious isle on the way to meet a Herald with failing health in Impiltur. Thanks for your responses.
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Jun 2018 : 17:51:33
-Not really sure about 1489 DR, but in the one FR game I was in, Tethyr was fun with the political intrigue.
TBeholder Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 10:12:20
quote:
Originally posted by Thangorn

The Scions are all travelling to a Grand Conclave with the High Heralds to determine once and for all who the ruler of xxx Country/City should be.

Of course they all get waylaid along the way and end up on a desert island/jungle/desert/cold wasteland and end up going into some ancient ruins/dungeon for shelter.

Oooh. There's a good book about exactly this sort of an adventure!
quote:
M.Y. Saltykov (Shchedrin) wrote:
Once upon a time there were two Officials. They were both empty-headed, and so they found themselves one day suddenly transported to an uninhabited isle, as if on a magic carpet.

And so on, fairy tale style.
"Two Generals and a Peasant" by Mikhail Saltykov (Shchedrin).
Available on Gutenberg - #6 in this collection.
George Krashos Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 08:54:49
Impiltur works save for the requirement that they meet in some deserted place.

— George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 07:03:00
If you're looking for a region where everything is up in the air, then go with the Border Kingdoms.

That is how they are designed. They form, and are conquered again and again, feudal system with barons/kings and such that claim territory by force when possible, plus a mage-lord/king here and there.

Ed wrote them up a bit back in the Polyhedron days, but I don't think they've been touched since then.
Thangorn Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 06:20:26
Yep Thanks

Trying to avoid Cormyr & Waterdeep to go to for something less fleshed out.
The Masked Mage Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 04:48:16
easiest places would be Cormyr or Waterdeep, just change the first names of nobles from the past and wham-bam-thank-you-madame, you have a complete set up pre-made - including their histories, primary businesses, internal struggles, plots and schemes, etc.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000