Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Shadowtrick Priest

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 28 May 2018 : 14:52:50
Shadowtrick Priest (specialty cleric of Erevan Ilesere)

Some Elven folk have always feared the starless night, barring themselves behind doors or comforting themselves with bonfires when the shadows grow long, rightfully wary of the creatures that prowl the darkness. Yet long ago, some Clerics of Erevan Ilesere learned that the best way to conquer an enemy in the shadows is to embrace it. These were the first Shadowtrick priests. As a specialty Cleric of Erevan Ilesere, you gain the innate ability to feel the divine connection of Trickery and Shadows. She uses the weave of Faerun to access the Plane of Shadow directly. She is intimately familiar with the shadows around her and her divine connection to Erevan Ilesere. Her innate ability with shadows and Trickery combine to grant her these special abilities. Shadowtrick priests exist in the boundary between light and darkness, where they weave together the shadows to become half-seen artists of deception. Your Trickery and Shadows are unequal as a Shadowtrick priest of Erevan Ilesere.

Hit Die: d8.

Requirements: To qualify to become a Shadowtrick priest, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Character must be a Elf or Half Elf.
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Disable device 6 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 10 ranks, Move silently 6 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Escape Artist 2 ranks.
Feats: Any Metamagic feat, Sacred Outlaw.
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3'rd level Divine spells. Must have the Trickery domain or the Shadow domain.
Special: +2d6 Sneak attack ability. Must have Erevan Ilesere as a Patron Deity.
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Move Silently, Open lock, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot.

Skill points at each level- 6 + Int mod.

Class Features:
Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Shadowtrick priests are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. ST's are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Spells per day: A shadowtrick priests training focuses on divine magic. Thus, when a character gains a new level of STP, she gains new spells per day as if she also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Expanded Spell List: Starting at first level and every level thereafter your deity grants you additional spells of trickery and shadows. Add the following spells to the spell list of one divine spellcasting class you posses levels in.
1: charm person, fengut, net of shadows
2: blur, invisibility, phantasmal assailant
3: displacement, abolish shadows, rend shadow weave
4: greater invisibility, phantasmal killer, shadow conjuration
5: false vision, seeming, shadow evocation
6: mislead, veil, shadow walk
7: mass invisibility, greater shadow conjuration, project alternate image
8: screen, scintillating pattern, greater shadow evocation
9: shades, stalking spell, weird

Consecrated Deceiver: At 1'st level the STP gains the ability to add her shadowtrick priest class levels to stack with her Sacred Outlaw feat. For example, a 5'th level cleric/ 3'rd level rogue/ 3'rd level shadowtrick priest Turns undead as a 11'th level cleric, and deals +6d6 points of damage on a successful sneak attack. Furthermore, if she also has the Divine Scoundrel class ability from the Mischiefmaker prestige class, then this ability also stacks with both of those.

Extra Granted Domain: At 1'st level, the STP gains access to one domain chosen from among those her deity offers, and with it the granted power of that domain. STP's who were once clerics essentially gain an extra domain this way and can prepare their domain spells at each level from the new domain’s list if they wish.

Surprise Shadowcasting:(Ex) At 2'nd level, whenever you catch an opponent flat-footed or denied their Dexterity bonus to AC (not simply flanked) and you cast a spell from the Expanded Spell list, the spell receives a +1 divine bonus to the DC for catching them off-guard. This bonus increases by 1 every three levels beyond 2'nd. (5th, 8th, etc).

Shadowself:(Sp) A 3'rd level shadowtrick priest can speak an incantation and nearby shadows gather together, assuming your approximate size and shape. You create a shadowy duplicate of yourself at a place you indicate within 50'. The shadow double attacks any adjacent target (regardless of the weapon it appears to wield), as you desire, starting in the round when you cast the spell. It attacks on your turn once each round, striking with an attack bonus equal to your base attack bonus + your Wis modifier. Each hit deals 1 point of Strength damage to the target. The first time a target is hit, it can attempt a Will save to disbelieve the effect; this negates the damage and renders it immune to further attacks by the shadow double. The shadow double occupies a space identical to yours. It is not incorporeal, and thus can't share a space with another creature or object. It can provide a flanking bonus against any creature that hasn't yet saved successfully against it. The shadow double can strike incorporeal creatures, but not ethereal creatures. Each round after the first, you can use a swift action to direct the shadow double to attack any other target. To attack this new target, the shadow double can move to any new legal space within 30 feet (it moves by instantaneous teleportation). If it is not commanded to switch targets, it continues to attack the same target. A shadow double can be attacked. It has an Armor Class equal to 10 + your size modifier + a deflection bonus equal to your Wis modifier, and has one-fifth of your full normal hit points. If the shadow double is reduced to 0 hit points, or if you create a second shadow double when the first still exists, the shadow double dissolves into mist. The Shadowself lasts 1 round/ STP level and can be used a number of times a day equal to your Wis modifier.

Conceal Shadowtricks:(Ex) At 4'th level you can cast a spell from the Expanded Spell List without revealing that you are doing so. Make a Sleight of Hand check as part of the action used to cast the spell, opposed by the Spot checks of onlookers. If you are successful, an observer can't tell that you're casting a spell. That observer cannot make an attack of opportunity against you for casting, nor can it attempt to counter your spell. Furthermore, if you successfully cast a concealed spell from the Expanded list you can immediately cast another spell as a free action or perform another standard action of your choice.

Mantle of Shadows:(Su) At 5'th level the shadowtrick priest is able to create a pitch black mantle of swirling shadows to form around her head and shoulders like a cloak as a free action. It cannot be physically removed, completely hides your features, and continuously grants Nondetection as the spell, plus the shadowtrick priest gains a superior form of darkvision with a 60-foot range. She can see through any form of normal or magical darkness without hindrance. In addition, she may cast Shadowspray and Friend to Foe while wearing the Mantle of Shadows one time a day each.

Afraid of the Shadows:(Sp) At 6'th level the STP may draw forth a twisted reflection of your foe from the Plane of Shadow. The image unerringly touches the subject, causing Wisdom damage equal to 1d6 points +1 point per four caster levels (maximum +5). A Will saving throw halves the Wisdom damage. This ability takes one standard action.

Shadow Shield:(Sp) At 7'th level a STP can surround himself with a globe of blue-black force as a swift action. This shield of shadows functions like a shield spell, granting him a +4 shield bonus to AC and absorbing magic missiles cast at him. In addition, the shield also grants him spell resistance equal to 12 + his STP level, as if he were under the effect of a spell resistance spell. The STP may use a shadow shield for up to 2 rounds per caster level per day. This duration need not be consecutive and the STP may break it up into increments as small as 1 round if he so desires. Creating or dismissing the shadow shield is a swift action.

Bewildering Shadows:(Sp) At 8'th level You channel the mockery of your trickster deity to sow dissension among your opponents. By using this ability, you cause the subject to believe that two allies and two enemies have traded places. The allies physically closest to the subject now seems to have the appearance, voice, clothing, and gear of its nearest enemies, and that the enemy looks and sounds exactly like the subject's nearest ally. Unless the subject makes a successful Will save, it immediately attacks the false enemy, which is considered flat-footed for that round only.
Both the ally and the enemy must be within the effects range of 50 feet, and the effect ends immediately if either moves out of its range from you. Bewildering shadows affects only the subject, and takes a standard action to cast. This spell like ability is cast at full character caster level and lasts 1 round/STP level. A will save negates the effects. This spell-like ability can be used a number of times a day equal to your WIS modifier.

Master of Shadow deception:(Ex) A 9'th level STP gains the ability to cast any spell from the Expanded Spell List as a free action after successfully dealing sneak attack damage. Additionally if she casts any spells from the Expanded Spell List with their normal casting time, they are automatically extended, as per the Extend spell feat.

Powerful Shadow Tricks:(Su) When a shadowtrick priest reaches 10'th level, the strength of the effects created by her shadow conjuration, shadow evocation, greater shadow conjuration, greater shadow evocation, and shades spells increases by 20%. That is, these spells are an additional 20% likely to affect disbelieving creatures and deal 20% more damage. As no shadow illusion is 100% real the percentage is capped at 99%.

(All spell-like abilities are cast at total character caster level)

Hit Die: d8
Level	Attack	Fort	Ref	Will	     Special	            Spellcasting
1st	0	0	2	2	Expanded spell list, Consecrated Deceiver, Granted Domain   +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
2nd	1	0	3	3	Surprise Shadowcasting                                    +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
3rd	2	1	3	3	Deceptive Weapon                                            +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class 
4th	3	1	4	4	Conceal Shadowtricks                                        +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
5th	3	1	4	4	Mantle of Shadows                                            +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
6th	4	2	5	5	Afraid of the Shadows                                        +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
7th	5	2	5	5	Shadow Shield                                                   +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
8th	6	2	6	6	Bewildering Shadows                                          +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
9th	6	3	6	6	Master of Shadow Deception                                +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
10th	7	3	7	7	Powerful shadow Tricks +20%                             +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

All comments, critiques and questions are welcomed!! ;)
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 14 Sep 2019 : 18:11:04
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

A lot of people are under the impression that once you reach epic levels that the game is too easy and you slay everything in your path. I can honestly say that is not even remotely true. It is actually harder, as you now have epic level encounters and traps and spells flying around that can flay an entire party of epic players.

I think you've clearly illustrated one of my more bigger peeves with Epic levels, especially with a system like revised 3rd Edition. I'm the kind of player that really enjoys melee-based non-spellcasters or lite-spellcasters (etc. Paladins) and I always felt that at the upper echelon of game-play that such classes wouldn't make it very long - pretty much by describing the types of monsters you just noted. It kinda turns into Rocket-Tag (who wins initiative usually survives kind of deal).

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like you had a blast and that is ultimately the ideal way to play, so that's awesome you got a character all the way to 30th level (especially in 3.5!), I'm not sure I could get a PC there. I have a few mid- to high-level guys running around the Realms like: Sir Ivan Brightflame, Chondathan fighter 4/crusader 3/ Purple dragon knight 5/ Pegasus knight of Cormyr 4; Battlemaster of the North. This guy went through the Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land adventure, finally slaying Lady Darkhope of Zhentil Keep. He also started up the Pegasus Knights organization, the aerial division of Cormyr's army (to combat Zhentil Skymages and Shades on Veserabs). He's currently ending the Netheril threat at it's heart (final few chapters of the Anauroch: Empire of Shade adventure). He wields two unique items: Wraithbane (+2 everbright ghost touch bastard sword) and Guardian (+2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield with lesser crystal of return). They're nothing really crazy, probably less than what he should have at his level but they have history with the character.

The second highest guy would be Sir Marcus, champion of Torm (4E, Paladin/Champion of Order level 17), from our Us in the Realms campaign. He's basically "me" that got sucked into the Forgotten Realms along with a bunch of people we game with. He wields Clarion Call, +4 Singing Full-blade. When we initially did the adventure for 3.5 he was going to forge Clarion Call using the rules from the Weapons of Legacy supplement, giving it all sorts of sonic-based effects. When he draws the weapon, the clarion call of the celestial heavens can be heard as it glows with a divine radiance.

Not sure if either of these guys will hit the Epic tiers of their respective editions? I'd like to, if to simply see Sir Ivan finish his destiny and save the love of his life (a Rasheman Wychlaran named Nyvarra who was recalled back to her homeland to face a dire threat). I believe Sir Marcus, along with his companions, are working towards taking down Orcus towards their conclusion.

Oh man, I loved those 3 "Shadow" modules. The elven Shade Hadrhune is actually pretty damn powerful. (Hadrhune was an elf in the Return of the Archwizards trilogy, but a human in stats. weird.).

Chasing a Nether scroll, a Song scroll, battling Darkhope, a Baelnorn, and then Hadrhune in the end was priceless. Thank goodness Curudin Ahmaquissar was just beginning to advance in Shadowtrick Priest levels or else Hadrhune would have done far more damage to our party than he already did.

Galaeron Nihmedu, the moon elf Sorcerer/ Shadow adept/ Evereskan tomb guardian from the Archwizards trilogy actually made an appearance thanks to our DM and pretty much showed the entire party that even a chaotic good elf can cast spells from the Shadow-Weave and still stay a good aligned character.

Wow... going up against Orcus huh? I would certainly bring along a arcane caster of no less than level 15, or better yet, a divine caster of no less than 15th level, preferably a Cleric to deal with the crazy powerful undead he will summon to combat you. You may not like "Magic-Heavy" campaigns, but when dealing with Orcus, he will throw undead horrors at you like Vampire Lords, Dread Wraiths, Mummy Lords, Liches, Dread Ghasts, Shadow Demons, Ghoul pack lords, Skeleton warrior champions, and worse. Not to mention he will most likely summon other powerful demons to fight you, like Balors, Glabrezu's, and other beasts of the abyss.

If I were to DM that game, I'd highly suggest having a party of 5 or 6 PC's of no less than 15th level, with some powerful weapons and armor, and even then you're looking at a brutal fight with no certainty of victory. Actually, you may all need to be epic level to fight Orcus with any hope of winning, lol.

Even Asmodeus would have a hard time battling Orcus one on one. Even if you summoned Orcus into the middle of a circle of Elven High Mages, I doubt they could hold him long enough to do any critical damage. Elven High Magic can rip continents apart, and slay millions of people with killing storms, and destroy demon lords and Dukes of Hell, but that takes time and preparation. You will not have that luxury with Orcus, lol.

I would imagine orcus would surround himself with several powerful undead lords. Most likely a Vampire Lord, a Lich Lord, a Mummy Lord, a Dread Ghast commander, a Ghoul Pack leader of no less than 15th level, and an undead champion of some sort. THEN... then you have to deal with Orcus himself, lol. I would focus on his wand and only his wand. Like removing the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos, lol.
Diffan Posted - 14 Sep 2019 : 14:56:55
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

A lot of people are under the impression that once you reach epic levels that the game is too easy and you slay everything in your path. I can honestly say that is not even remotely true. It is actually harder, as you now have epic level encounters and traps and spells flying around that can flay an entire party of epic players.

I think you've clearly illustrated one of my more bigger peeves with Epic levels, especially with a system like revised 3rd Edition. I'm the kind of player that really enjoys melee-based non-spellcasters or lite-spellcasters (etc. Paladins) and I always felt that at the upper echelon of game-play that such classes wouldn't make it very long - pretty much by describing the types of monsters you just noted. It kinda turns into Rocket-Tag (who wins initiative usually survives kind of deal).

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like you had a blast and that is ultimately the ideal way to play, so that's awesome you got a character all the way to 30th level (especially in 3.5!), I'm not sure I could get a PC there. I have a few mid- to high-level guys running around the Realms like: Sir Ivan Brightflame, Chondathan fighter 4/crusader 3/ Purple dragon knight 5/ Pegasus knight of Cormyr 4; Battlemaster of the North. This guy went through the Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land adventure, finally slaying Lady Darkhope of Zhentil Keep. He also started up the Pegasus Knights organization, the aerial division of Cormyr's army (to combat Zhentil Skymages and Shades on Veserabs). He's currently ending the Netheril threat at it's heart (final few chapters of the Anauroch: Empire of Shade adventure). He wields two unique items: Wraithbane (+2 everbright ghost touch bastard sword) and Guardian (+2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield with lesser crystal of return). They're nothing really crazy, probably less than what he should have at his level but they have history with the character.

The second highest guy would be Sir Marcus, champion of Torm (4E, Paladin/Champion of Order level 17), from our Us in the Realms campaign. He's basically "me" that got sucked into the Forgotten Realms along with a bunch of people we game with. He wields Clarion Call, +4 Singing Full-blade. When we initially did the adventure for 3.5 he was going to forge Clarion Call using the rules from the Weapons of Legacy supplement, giving it all sorts of sonic-based effects. When he draws the weapon, the clarion call of the celestial heavens can be heard as it glows with a divine radiance.

Not sure if either of these guys will hit the Epic tiers of their respective editions? I'd like to, if to simply see Sir Ivan finish his destiny and save the love of his life (a Rasheman Wychlaran named Nyvarra who was recalled back to her homeland to face a dire threat). I believe Sir Marcus, along with his companions, are working towards taking down Orcus towards their conclusion.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 14 Sep 2019 : 00:33:34

Just last night, my gaming pals and I played our "1 time a month" epic characters and went up against a cabal of Liches and Vampire Lords in service to Larloch. It was not pretty.

We lost our beloved Gnome Rogue 10/ Cleric 10/ Divine Prankster 10 of Baravar Cloakshadow. Causing my CR 32 Mischiefmaker to lose his cool and go ape-crap on a Demi-Lich clone of Larloch, resulting in Curudin losing his left eye in melee combat while slaying the undead horror. Our Halfling Rogue 5/ Cleric 10/ Whisperknife 10/ Temple Raider 5 of Brandobaris lost so many negative levels to a Vampire Lord, that it'll take him the next month before he gains his levels back to adventure again. Our Dwarven Rogue 5/ Cleric 20/ Divine Champion 5 of Vergadain had lost so many points of strength, being sapped by a Dread Ghast Lord, that he could barely lift his twin battle axes. Our Drow Duskblade 20/ Rogue 5/ Divine Seeker 5 of Vhauraun was turned into a Vampire and was teleported away by the Demi-Lich to a undisclosed location. Our Human Rogue 5/ Assassin 10/ Monk 10/ Sacred Fist 5 of Mask was obliterated in a spraying flash of bones and blood by a elven Mummy Lord who just happened to also be a 15th level sorcerer.

Regardless... we Barely escaped with our lives... and some didn't make it out. I feel bad for my friends who lost their long played epic characters last night. So now my Curudin Ahmaquissar; Moon elf Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10 of Erevan Ilesere has lost an eye and I'm in need of a fancy, magical eye-patch. lol.

Epic adventures are NOT easy, and you really have to rely on your skills and skill tricks if you have any, not to mention knowing how and when to use your class abilities.

I swear to this truth... Skill tricks are integral to any epic adventure. Without them my Mischiefmaker would be dead many times over.
Diffan Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 16:37:35
Yea that's crazy, I don't think I've ever gotten a character to the epic levels, even starting at a higher level. We shuffle so much around with editions, levels, campaigns, etc that I don't think it's possible lol.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 06:30:17
So.... Curudin Ahmaquissar is a Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10. Which makes him a level 30 Character. Then add the Trickster-Touched template... That's a CR of 32.

He Destroys undead as a 30th level cleric, and sneak attacks as a 30'th level rogue due to the feat Sacred Outlaw and the class abilities of Divine Scoundrel and Consecrated Deceiver. I think it all is normal in the game play of things. :)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 12 Sep 2019 : 23:10:11
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

So a couple of things that sort of stand out to me:

Expanded Spell List - is this a larger list of spells they can draw on to use in place of Domain spells? Or are these spells simply added to the divine spell list that they can prepared all the time in multiples of?

Consecrated Deceiver and Shadow Self are pretty cool. I'm glad you didn't turn the Shadow Self's attack ability into 'Touch' form, I think that would've been OP. To keep it BAB + Wisdom is fine IMO.

The only problem I see is with Concealed Shadowtricks is that it's just too powerful with everything it adds. First you can make a SoH trick (something that will almost NEVER be contested) to cast a spell that can never be countered or provoke an Attack of Opportunity. This part is fine, flavorful, and pretty cool. Then...... you get to basically cast the spell as a Quickened Version. I don't know about you but simply allowing someone to cast Shades or Weird as a free action, unhindered is really broken. You're essentially getting the benefits of both Deceptive Spell metamagic feat Cityscape supplement and Quickend Spell metamagic feat. So greater invisibility for free then follow it up with a crazy Sneak Attack. I like the concept of concealing the spell, but allowing you to make it quickened is too good.

Yes, I fully agree. Again, even after 20 years of doing this I OP or UP many things I create. Thank you for the positive critique.

First question... Yes, the spells are simply added to the clerics spell list, but he still needs to pray for them and has nothing to do with domain spells.

I also thought "Touch" was just too simple and over-used for a shadow type duplicate. I want the PrC to be cool and fair, not typical or OP.

My 20 year Character, Curudin Ahmaquissar is a Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10. Plus Trickster-Touched, lol. and in our epic campaign I still fear for his life when I actually play him once a month. He is a CR 32 and I know I'll die if I don't play my homebrew PrC's correctly. lol.

Concealed Shadowtricks is deff too powerful after playing it last weekend in a test game. I agree with you completely and I'm thinking keeping it just as it is, but excluding the Free action spell part of it. So you basically use the SOH trick from Complete Scoundrel and cast a spell that can't be detected and then you can still enjoy the sneak attack. lol. Yes or no?

Anyway, Thank you. :)
Diffan Posted - 20 Aug 2019 : 18:37:45
So a couple of things that sort of stand out to me:

Expanded Spell List - is this a larger list of spells they can draw on to use in place of Domain spells? Or are these spells simply added to the divine spell list that they can prepared all the time in multiples of?

Consecrated Deceiver and Shadow Self are pretty cool. I'm glad you didn't turn the Shadow Self's attack ability into 'Touch' form, I think that would've been OP. To keep it BAB + Wisdom is fine IMO.

The only problem I see is with Concealed Shadowtricks is that it's just too powerful with everything it adds. First you can make a SoH trick (something that will almost NEVER be contested) to cast a spell that can never be countered or provoke an Attack of Opportunity. This part is fine, flavorful, and pretty cool. Then...... you get to basically cast the spell as a Quickened Version. I don't know about you but simply allowing someone to cast Shades or Weird as a free action, unhindered is really broken. You're essentially getting the benefits of both Deceptive Spell metamagic feat Cityscape supplement and Quickend Spell metamagic feat. So greater invisibility for free then follow it up with a crazy Sneak Attack. I like the concept of concealing the spell, but allowing you to make it quickened is too good.

Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 20 Aug 2019 : 03:30:37
I'm pretty sure all my test runs have been successful with this PrC. I'm ready to use it with a lower level PC that meets the requirements. Anyone have an opinion? critique?
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 23:32:49
In my campaign, my elven rogues guild is pitted against creatures from the Plane of Shadow, Shadovar and other future events that will put them against followers of Shar and such. So I created a entire history with the Ahmaquissar family (elven canon) that dates back to -24,000 DR and the creation of the Selu'Kiira N'Rilan'Vae; The Shadow Gem of House Ahmaquissar. A work in progress which you can fine here; http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22424

For a recent history of the plot line with Prince Lamorak Tanthul click here; http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21692
The Masked Mage Posted - 20 Jul 2018 : 05:16:32
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

This looks more like a Mask or Vhaeraun class. Nothing about this stands out as appropriate for Erevan, who doesn't even have the shadow portfolio.

Agreed. Seems a switch to me as well.
LordofBones Posted - 19 Jul 2018 : 16:38:04
This looks more like a Mask or Vhaeraun class. Nothing about this stands out as appropriate for Erevan, who doesn't even have the shadow portfolio.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 02 Jun 2018 : 13:44:05
Changed the mantle of shadows ability and changed deceptive weapon to Shadowself.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000