Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Is there a Template for a half-deity?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 27 Feb 2018 : 18:48:59
Let's say that a FR deity impregnated a mortal woman and she gave birth to said child. I don't imagine it was be a half-celestial right? Is there a template for such a being, and if so, what's the name? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
CEV
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 07 Mar 2018 : 21:56:37
I think Divine rank 0 and its abilities and powers may do the trick for this one.
Diffan Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 13:14:00
Couple of options if we're talking about 3.5 here.

• Half-Celestial. I think this one fits the best because it's not like ALL the divine grace is going to be gifted to the child, thus a mixing of both mortal/immortal blood would have similar effects of what this template gives.

• Inner Plane Denizen template. Not exactly sure which plane you'd use though...

• Celestial creature (p.31 of the Monster Manual) provides more celestial-ness of the divine I feel.

• Saint. Usually reserved for people who've done extraordinary things, I think giving this template to a child of a divine being sounds good.
Starshade Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 12:06:29
the child could turn out half "Celestial Eladrin", like a half Ghaele, though I do not know the stats for that. If it pure elf... What about simply using a standard Eladrin type?
LordofBones Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 05:53:12
Free mythic ranks, the advanced template and a godling path ability. You're not going to get anything, but being an innately mythic character should satisfy whatever special snowflake powers you want this dude to have.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 05:43:36
This should seem obvious.... I'm looking for a template for a elven child born of a elven mother and Erevan Ilesere as the deity father.

Normally I'm not stuck on anything pertaining to the Trickster god of the elves, but I'm flabbergasted on this one. And I've already incorporated the "Trickster-Touched" template from ESD. I need something more biological, not granted.
LordofBones Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 05:16:37
Yes, Pathfinder has mythic paths for godlings.
sleyvas Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 01:26:53
technically a half-celestial or half-fiend does kind of cover this. Another option is to look at the rules for pathfinder for their Mythic Adventures. I assume that since you're talking templates, you're talking 3.5, and since pathfinder and 3.5 are very similar you could adapt..
LordofBones Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 01:04:48
Direct children of deities are often quasipowers at minimum. Case in point: Iuz (demipower, son of Graz'zt, grandson of Baba Yaga), Xvim (son of Bane), Hextor and Heironeous (children of Stern Alia).
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 28 Feb 2018 : 00:24:33
Xvim is Bane is Xvim... wondering if there is a Template for a child of a deity?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Feb 2018 : 22:20:13
Xvim.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000