Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maalthiir: Should he have been treated better?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowsoul Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 11:51:07
I've always liked Maalthiir as a villain and I really hate how they just rubbed him out like he was nothing. "Oh he tried to become a lich and failed, the End." He has been a villain for many many years now and I wish they would have given him a great death or kept him around. What are your opinions?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 23:19:24
I'd have him turn into a Ghost (Suel) Lich, and have him 'possessing' someone in the current time frame. Too many of these 'miraculosus temporal saves' going around already. Because he didn't come back as a solid lich (himself), people just assumed the lich process failed.

And just for fun (and because I am a fanboi of said individual), I would throw in that he learned the process from Ambuchar Devyam (Tan Chin) during his 12-year absence from the Moonsea. He probably traded Tan chin something for the info - maybe a scepter, or some-such.

There is no such thing as 'bad lore', only poorly executed plothooks that need fine-tuning.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 19:09:27
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrinishad

Indeed... In my Realms he is one of the central villains that I moved into the post-Spellplague era, via Temporal Instabilities and Anomalies created from the Spellplague. Basically, any villain that has been killed or written off in a less than inspiring way is fair game to have been "moved forward" in time...

The fellow who's brother killed him and took his place was Selfaril Uomdolphin, the High Blade of Mulmaster (his twin brother was Rassendyll Uomdolphin)... I also moved Rassendyll forward in time, and he is now a key ally of Maalthiir.

Ah. I knew it was someone in that sourcebook, I just didn't have it handy to check.
Cyrinishad Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 15:38:15
Indeed... In my Realms he is one of the central villains that I moved into the post-Spellplague era, via Temporal Instabilities and Anomalies created from the Spellplague. Basically, any villain that has been killed or written off in a less than inspiring way is fair game to have been "moved forward" in time...

The fellow who's brother killed him and took his place was Selfaril Uomdolphin, the High Blade of Mulmaster (his twin brother was Rassendyll Uomdolphin)... I also moved Rassendyll forward in time, and he is now a key ally of Maalthiir.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 15:26:14
I thought his brother had killed him and taken his place... Or am I misremembering?
sleyvas Posted - 04 Dec 2017 : 12:47:00
Wouldn't be the first person to fake his own death.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000