Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Looking for 5E Players/DMs and Editors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TomCosta Posted - 17 Jan 2017 : 20:01:47
Hi all,

So I've pulled together a 96 page player's supplement for the Realms based largely on 2e and 3E Realms options and I'd really like some input from one or two folks who have played 5E and are interested in reviewing it for balance and editorial gaffs. I will give you cover credit for helping.

It includes 20 races, 1 (sorta 2) new classes, over 30 new subclasses, 1 prestige class, 5 new backgrounds, 7 new feats, and a miscellany of other bits and pieces like new monsters, weapons, magic items, etc. I've tried to gently update all existing lore to the current year in 5E.

If you're interested and have played 5E (and/or have editing experience), please let me know.

If I get a lot of interest, I will choose two folks, and hope the rest accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Tom Costa
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TomCosta Posted - 23 Jan 2017 : 19:11:01
Thanks all. I reached to the first couple folks, but I appreciate the interest from everyone.
sleyvas Posted - 20 Jan 2017 : 23:37:13
I'd be interested. The stuff you've posted here often sparks good ideas.
TomCosta Posted - 19 Jan 2017 : 14:09:40
Thanks all. I appreciate the interest and help and will be in touch.
hashimashadoo Posted - 19 Jan 2017 : 03:02:10
I would be interested in letting my gaming club take a look at it if that's acceptable. Although I do play/DM 5e and am au fait with the rules, my club's collected knowledge is far in excess of mine alone, plus, we can playtest it with both veteran players/DMs and those new to the hobby to hear people of both levels of experience give their feedback.

Some of them are even published game designers themselves (for the Bolt Action tabletop wargame).
George Krashos Posted - 18 Jan 2017 : 06:57:40
Sounds awesome Tom. Great stuff! I would help but you trump me in terms of understanding game mechanics every day of the week. You always used to proof read my stuff for that! If there is any lore checking that you think I could help out on, let me know.

-- George Krashos
KanzenAU Posted - 17 Jan 2017 : 22:43:51
I would love to give this a looking over, but I unfortunately have too many irons in too many fires to do a thorough job. That said, happy to give it a look over with that proviso.

I'm an experienced 5e DM (3x Lost Mine of Phandelver with varying Realms-customisation, 1x Mines of Madness, 1x heavily modified Tyranny of Dragons campaign, plus working on my own new campaign). I also have a loophole-finding lawyer at my table, so I run a pretty tight ship rules-wise. I've also got some experience as a 5e player, and I'm familiar with Basic/3.0/4e.

My Realms knowledge still pales compared to most here, but I'm steadily working on that.

Anyway, send me a PM if you'd like a look-over from me, as limited as such a thing might have to be.

Edit: I don't have any official editing experience, but I'm no stranger to having to tighten up other people's documents - my post-grad uni friends and I regularly swap papers to check for grammar etc.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000