Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeonology is reviewed (in great detail)….

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moonbeast Posted - 11 Oct 2016 : 20:41:21
Hey all,

I found a (recent) very detailed review of Dungeonology. Yes, it's one of those new what-the-hell-is-this-book from WotC in 2016. Is it a gimmick? Is it some stupid FR coloring book? Just what the hell was WotC thinking with these new weird 5E products, what is this thing?

Guess no more. THIS guy reviews it in great detail, tons of screenshots provided. The review helped me make up my mind if this Dungeonology book was worth a purchase for me.

http://thecampaign20xx.blogspot.com/2016/10/dungeons-dragons-dungeonology.html
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 20:12:41
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

Looks like a book that would be great for kids...

And as a 30 year old kid, I'm looking forward to giving it a flip-through!

Or 40-year-old "kids".

In the past, I've been a "motivational" DM. I've rewarded some of the better Players in my past campaigns (especially the ones that have impressed me with how they played and role-played in certain situations). One or two of these would be great rewards/gifts to my newer Players. I don't find it expensive at all, since it can drop as low as $12 online (Amazon).

And yes, I'm that DM that will occasionally buy pizza for the entire group. D&D is a social game, everyone is supposed to be having fun and enjoying themselves. If that's not happening, then you're doing it wrong.
ZeshinX Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 13:46:01
Definite pass for me, but then that seems to be the case with just about everything WotC has put out lately. This is nifty and cute, but of no use to me, so, pass.

Fellfire Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 13:26:18
Kids?! With their destructive, sticky little fingers, or their tendency to put everything in their cuaustic-slobber filled mouths? Why not let them play with your complete, near-mint copy of the OGB autographed by Ed Greenwood himself? Kids indeed. 'Ware thy pen, Scribe, lest thou be cast from this phrontistery forevermore.
KanzenAU Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 07:24:42
Looks like a book that would be great for kids...

And as a 30 year old kid, I'm looking forward to giving it a flip-through!
Delwa Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 06:28:20
I'm going to love fiddling with this book. It might not have a lot of new lore, but the fiddly bits are going to be great. Thanks for sharing!
Irennan Posted - 11 Oct 2016 : 20:50:31
Sounds like a nice "book" to draw in new fans, which is always a good thing. But it's definitely not for me.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000