Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Buying Forgotten Realms Source Books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reddice Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 10:46:02
I am buying Forgotten Realms 1st, and 2nd edition source books. Message me or email me with the books that you have and a reasonable price. Collections and lots are especially encouraged.

reddice@hotmail.com
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 17 Feb 2016 : 16:36:44
I've found that most ebay sellers will give you a discount if you tell them you are interested in purchasing a few of their single lots. Never hurts to ask.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Feb 2016 : 16:25:11
quote:
Originally posted by reddice

Yeah i have checked Ebay and Amazon out. I was hoping to start a collection off by buying in bulk.

I check eBay for FR stuff daily, and I do see bulk lots pop up on there... But nowhere near as oft as individual products. Most auctions are for just one thing, but sometimes, it'll be a handful of books. The big lots of stuff are rather infrequent, and when they do pop up, usually aren't just FR products -- I see a lot of them that are either across the board for other settings and core stuff, with a minority of FR books, or it's just core books with a couple FR books thrown in.

I understand wanting to buy in bulk... But as someone who has twice* built a physical collection of FR books, and who has checked eBay daily for several years (at least), I think you're better off buying things one at a time. It'll take a while, and will likely cost more -- but it'll happen sooner than finding that one big lot at a reasonable price.

*My original collection, bought mostly as stuff was coming out, was lost in a fire.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 17 Feb 2016 : 15:24:20
quote:
Originally posted by reddice

Yeah i have checked Ebay and Amazon out. I was hoping to start a collection off by buying in bulk.

On ebay doing a search for "Forgotten Realms lot" or "Forgotten Realms set" might turn up some goodies.
reddice Posted - 17 Feb 2016 : 08:12:54
Artemas Entreri Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 20:23:01
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Unless a collector just has tons of money to spend, patience is the key to eBay shopping for out of print Realms sourcebooks.

Agreed, and not just for FR material... Most of the original Iron Kingdoms RPG books go for well over their original cover price, even when visibly used -- but by being really patient, I got all of them, in new condition, for less than cover price.

Yep. All of the good NES games seem to sell for higher than they were originally listed as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 19:08:34
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Unless a collector just has tons of money to spend, patience is the key to eBay shopping for out of print Realms sourcebooks.

Agreed, and not just for FR material... Most of the original Iron Kingdoms RPG books go for well over their original cover price, even when visibly used -- but by being really patient, I got all of them, in new condition, for less than cover price.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 15:39:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've gotten a fair amount of stuff from eBay, as well. The NobleKnight website is also supposed to be pretty good, though I've not bought any FR stuff from them, myself.

I've seen NobleKnights eBay items. Most of them appear to be in excellent condition, but the price is a bit high.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 15:29:14
I've gotten a fair amount of stuff from eBay, as well. The NobleKnight website is also supposed to be pretty good, though I've not bought any FR stuff from them, myself.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 16 Feb 2016 : 14:40:17
Have you looked on eBay yet? You can find most (if not all) of that stuff there, and most of it is reasonably priced.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000