Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anthologies and collected works

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fish321 Posted - 28 Dec 2014 : 05:52:06
Forgive me if this ends up being something that is not allowed on this site but I'm trying to hunt down some of the realms anthologies. I'm willing to buy them, I'll happily send an envelope with cash should someone be willing to sell. Mostly I have found them to be out of print and seek to get a copy through a site of people who I know to some extent. For the longest time my only involvement in the realms were through Drizzt novels but during recovery from surgery I began to delve more deeply. I read all of the available Elminster stories then Erevis Cale, read the Harpers adventures and the return of the Netherese and the Evermeet stories. I've branched out from those anywhere I found connections to new novels. The anthologies have thus far escaped my greedily grasping readers hands and I'm hoping that if someone isn't willing or able to sell you may be able to put me onto somewhere I can get copies that'll likely have all their pages. If you are looking to trade I do own a seafood market and restaurant in the suburbs of New Orleans that is consistently voted tops in its area and top 25 in a city known for seafood and would be willing to send some epicurean delights your way in exchange. Should this entire topic be "illegal" on this site or discussed ad nauseum elsewhere please don't hesitate to delete it or point it out so that I can do so.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 04:00:33
I have access to a great used bookstore AND I sell on eBay. Which anthologies are you looking for?
Eilserus Posted - 29 Dec 2014 : 15:44:18
I used to work in Amazon Seller Support and they are very harsh on sellers who list books that are not described as-is. You can easily get your money back for things like that. I'd give it a shot again myself if I were you. Good luck.
fish321 Posted - 29 Dec 2014 : 07:30:25
The only thing that has me concerned about amazon and eBay is the book quality. After Katrina hit and I lost hundreds of books I used them to buy copies to refill my collection. Despite the sellers all having very good, excellent and new as the quality description I ended up with better than half missing pages, having covers or pages drawn on etc. That was almost ten years ago so perhaps I'd have better luck today but I've been hesitant to buy from anything other than a brick and mortar store or a big online dealer. I'll take yalls word for it and try it out.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Dec 2014 : 23:59:50
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Ebay is another option. I've sometimes seen large collections of Realms novels up for sale, and often they don't get bid up very high. The only reason I haven't bought any is that I've been around for a long while, and so have a fairly complete collection.

I relied on eBay heavily, myself, when rebuilding my collection of Realms novels. I lucked into a couple of good auctions and also got all of the Dark Sun fiction, at the same time.
Hoondatha Posted - 28 Dec 2014 : 20:27:02
Ebay is another option. I've sometimes seen large collections of Realms novels up for sale, and often they don't get bid up very high. The only reason I haven't bought any is that I've been around for a long while, and so have a fairly complete collection.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 28 Dec 2014 : 19:38:40
Have you tried looking for used books on Amazon.com? I haven't had a bad experience with them yet.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000