Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Assassin's class 3.5

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco Volo Posted - 05 Dec 2014 : 22:28:34
Hello all,

I used to create Assassin's NPC as a basic class leading the character from level 1 to level 20.
I don't recall where I found those rules (Kobold Press, Paizo, Dragon Mag, other Mag, who knows). I only have some notes about the fact that the character gains abilities name "stalker", "contract", "reputation" (at level one this one I think), in addition of the traditional sneak attack and others.

Help, anyone ?

It could even be a class with an alternate name, not "assassin, maybe from Pathfinder. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for helping me, I'm running my scenario on Sunday !
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Green Giant Posted - 20 Dec 2014 : 17:32:59
Freeport Companion (Pathfinder Edition) has the Assassin class you're looking for. It has the ambush, improved ambush, and death attack you listed, along with other abilities.
rangerstranger Posted - 12 Dec 2014 : 19:49:46
I don't have my books on me but this "deadly attack" sounds like the death attack the Assasin PrC has. 3 rounds of studying the victim before a death attack which if a fort save is failed, death or paralysis occurs and if passed then its a standard sneak attack as per the rogue ability.
Marco Volo Posted - 12 Dec 2014 : 09:56:57
Sorry about the delay, my players did not encounter the assassin last week (lucky for me)

I have very little certain information because I've translated the character class I once found in french. So if I'm trying to re-translate in english I could say that the class as an ability called "deadly attack" > after 3 rounds looking at a being, the assassin can try an attack that can kill the victim or if a Fortitude check is failed. If the check is a success, the victim is paralysed for 1d6+6 rounds.

There was something like "Improved ambush" : the Intelligence modifier is added to the attack and damage cheks if the adversary is taken by surprise.

Does that remind something to someone ?

Thanks for helping
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Dec 2014 : 23:36:17
There have been a lot of variations on the paid killer theme... Do you recall any other details about the version you're seeking?
Kentinal Posted - 05 Dec 2014 : 22:47:05
There is a PrC Assassin, why is that not good enough for you?

Anyway you should be able to use the Requirements to take the Assassin path as a 20 level class instead. There again you are talking about an NPC.

Just do maybe 5 rogue levels with maybe allowing poison use sooner, delaying some other ability a few levels. For the last 5 levels maybe a few more spells.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000