Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Hoard of the DQ: a new map of the Sword Coast

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Derulbaskul Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 10:15:57
(Apologies for the abbreviation - it should be Hoard of Dragon Queen - in the heading but the Noah's Ark-era forum software only allows so many characters....)

Jared Blando has created a new map of the Sword Coast for D&D Encounters: Hoard of the Dragon Queen. His style is different to Mike Schley's but also really good.

Take a look here.

(I'll leave it to a mod to create a proper link. Noah's Ark-era softward indeed....)

Mod edit: Cast shrinky links
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Derulbaskul Posted - 04 Sep 2014 : 07:26:01
BTW, the post has now been updated to include a hex map version of the map courtesy of another blog. Enjoy! :)

(Agreed, SirUrza. Agreed, Xaeyruudh.)
xaeyruudh Posted - 04 Sep 2014 : 05:56:57
It does this grognard's heart good to see the Westwood reinstated.
SirUrza Posted - 04 Sep 2014 : 03:07:39
quote:
Originally posted by ZeshinX

Sad to see Evereska missing from there. It played a rather significant role in one of my past campaigns.

Evereska isn't missing... it's just gone back to being the hidden elven city that no one knows exactly where it is... or atleast that's how it is in my campaign etting. ;)
Derulbaskul Posted - 24 Aug 2014 : 14:46:50
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I bought a copy of the map from GENCON. It's beautiful, but the typos are indeed off-putting.

-- George Krashos

I let him know about the errors on Twitter but, for some reason, he chose to only fix one of the errors.
Penknight Posted - 22 Aug 2014 : 03:09:16
quote:

It was $30 IIIRC but roughly the size of two A4 sheets end to end and a touch wider.

-- George Krashos

Thank you for letting me know!
George Krashos Posted - 22 Aug 2014 : 02:38:44
It was $30 IIIRC but roughly the size of two A4 sheets end to end and a touch wider.

-- George Krashos
Penknight Posted - 22 Aug 2014 : 02:21:32
quote:

I bought a copy of the map from GENCON. It's beautiful, but the typos are indeed off-putting.

-- George Krashos

I was wondering if you'd mind telling me how much the map was at GenCon. I'd kind of like to know how much things like that are, since I hope to go to GenCon next year for the first time ever.
Akantor Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 22:05:55
Beautifull map, but isn't Silvermoon too much east?
George Krashos Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 15:56:48

-- George Krashos
ZeshinX Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 14:19:57
Sad to see Evereska missing from there. It played a rather significant role in one of my past campaigns.
Derulbaskul Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 08:58:32
As fans of Jared's work know, he has done a fair bit of work for Paizo. I mention this because, aside from font choice, reading Hoard of the Dragon Queen actually felt like reading a Paizo product in terms of its layout particularly in the context of the half-page opening illustrations and the text density.

It is unfortunate that WotC applied their usual editing standards to the place names: there are a few too many spelling errors for my liking and my Photoshop skills aren't good enough to correct them. Oh well. I still have my Mike Schley maps of the areas that I am using for my games.
hobbitfan Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 04:19:01
Looks pretty good. I like it.
9thChapter Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 03:16:04
Jared is uber talented... great to see!
The Sage Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 02:45:09
Oh, this is itching for use in one of my home campaigns.

Very nice!
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 00:50:10
Good Map... odd that everything (cities, towns, castles, ruins) has the same indicator though.
Delwa Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 20:17:01
Awesome map. I like the look. Thanks for sharing!

I did notice the town of Parnast labeled on the map. A quick Google search brought up Cloak and Dagger as the only source of lore on the place. Can anyone add to that?
Brian R. James Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 16:02:57
Excellent find. Thanks for sharing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000