Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Thar Underdark

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 13 Oct 2013 : 01:00:18
So there isn't much beneath Thar really; has anyone used that area for adventure or no?

Personally, I am going to place a solid amount of stuff in the Upperdark there...stolen from Mystara's Broken Lands (of Thar) and use that Underdark material for my underdark of Thar in the FR.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Bane Posted - 16 Oct 2013 : 11:28:56
Donīt forget the drow presence in Sulasspryn. While not in the Thar it does have underdark connections.
The Masked Mage Posted - 16 Oct 2013 : 01:06:50
I do not know of any source with information specifically about the Underdark of the Thar region. There are a couple of things I'd mention though.

First: Glister - I'd assume the ancient capital had ties to the Underdark.

Second: Tharkul's palace DID have "extensive" underground passages and chambers.

Third: There are both bulettes, and ibrandilin in Thar, both of which are very at home in the Underdark.
Dalor Darden Posted - 15 Oct 2013 : 03:35:55
Yep, knew about the dark dwarves...thanks for the article though!
Eilserus Posted - 14 Oct 2013 : 14:08:19
http://wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/ftr/20130215

The New Underways article above has a brief mention of some features you could use for the area: The Sunder Run.

There is also supposedly a duergar city beneath the Zhentil Keep area.
Firestorm Posted - 14 Oct 2013 : 14:01:19
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

So there isn't much beneath Thar really; has anyone used that area for adventure or no?

Personally, I am going to place a solid amount of stuff in the Upperdark there...stolen from Mystara's Broken Lands (of Thar) and use that Underdark material for my underdark of Thar in the FR.

Personally, no I have never designed adventures in the moonsea underdark area. it is close to the deep wastes and lake of shadows is it not?

Lately, I have been experimenting more with the Lowerdark as opposed to the more popular upperdark and middledark.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000