Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crinti clarification.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doge Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 10:36:41
Shining South states that Crinti come from a wide variety of bloodlines. Nine in ten come from drow/human pairings and one in ten, and the ones with the highest status, come from descendants of half-elf priestesses of Loviatar. It also states that present day Crinti has a convoluted lineage that incorporates several different drow houses, plus humans, half-drow, and occasionally a half-elf priestess of Loviatar.

So basically being a Crinti means belonging to a social class and not a race at all. It only generalizes Crinti as half drow since they are the majority of the social class.

So you could be a human Crinti with some sort of drow/half-elf ancestor, a half-drow Crinti, a drow Crinti, or a half-elf priestess of Loviatar Crinti with no drow blood whatsoever.

Am I correct or am I wrong?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BadCatMan Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 11:59:01
Yes, that's exactly right. As long as they are descended from either the original half-elf priestesses of Loviatar (the First) or the drow of T'Lindhet, then they are Crinti. Dark skinned or light, silver-haired or dark, pointed ears or not. The Crinti pursue two strands of noble blood: the First and drow.

Take Baroness Selanith L'baros of Herath for example. She's only 1/32nd drow and human-looking (but statted as half-drow for some reason), but took a male drow consort to have slightly move than half-blooded drow children.

In my game, a PC is visiting a group of Crinti (the Dambrathan equestrian team at the Thulbanian Games) and I'm having fun switching in and out the different layers of the society: the common humans working for the half-drow-looking nobility, in turn abused around by an visibly non-drow half-elf priestess, then lorded over by the thoroughly human-looking Selanith, with a full-blooded drow male as a rather put-upon husband. The introduction of the PC, a mostly drow Eilistraeen, is mixing the system up a bit.
silverwolfer Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 11:19:49
crinti are a tribe, you see them in a book called the magehound or wars, one of those things, and is a trilogy.

If you read deeper into the shining south, look up the horse rider PRC that is in that book , should give you greater insights.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000