Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 question regarding downshadow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swifty Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 10:56:06
Is there a sequel to downshadow and is it eBook only?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 00:55:34
Aye, indeed. What they said.

Shadowbane is indeed the sequel to Downshadow, though it happens a year later, and a few significant things happen between them. You could certainly skip from DS to SB, but I suggest you read "Chosen of the Sword" first. It's free.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/ChosenSwordFinal.pdf

Cheers
The Sage Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 03:19:59
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Eh? I'd say Shadowbane is a direct sequel, I mean it does pick up on the loose ends that were left unresolved at the end of Downshadow (though it is true that Chosen of the Sword happens in between the two novels).

To clarify, I only meant "not a direct sequel" because it follows up from two earlier short-stories.

A reader can jump from Downshadow to Shadowbane directly, but I would really recommend reading the entire series as Erik has outlined [in the link I provided above]. Then you'll get the full story!
Garen Thal Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 19:46:23
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Eh? I'd say Shadowbane is a direct sequel, I mean it does pick up on the loose ends that were left unresolved at the end of Downshadow (though it is true that Chosen of the Sword happens in between the two novels).
Downshadow is followed by two books: Shadowbane and Shadowbane: Eye of Justice. Both books are, sadly, available only in ebook.

A complete listing of the Shadowbane series (as published to date) is available on Erik's site, here.
Tanthalas Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 19:15:27
The Sage Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 14:53:00
It's not a "direct" sequel as such, but Shadowbane does act as something of a "spiritual" sequel -- as well as following up from events in two of Erik's previous short stories:- Chosen of the Sword and A New Purpose [which is a story included in the Shadowbane e-bundle]. At least that's how I see it.

And yes, Shadowbane is an ebook only edition.

You might also find this useful.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000