Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Yuan-ti Tainted One Level Adjustment Inconsistency

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doge Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 07:11:33
I'm having problems with the Tainted One's LA due to inconsistencies with the published products.
Races of Fareun says its LA+2
Monsters of Faerun doesn't give an entry for LA
Savage Species says its LA+1
and Serpent Kingdoms has it at an unplayable LA+3.
So which is it? I'm pretty certain ROF and MOF are both 3.0 ed. Serpent Kingdoms is 3.5 if i'm correct and I'm not quite sure if Savage Species is 3.0 or 3.5. So can anyone clarify this?
Also can a tainted one acquire physical serpentine traits as minor as slitted pupils or a forked tongue? Sort of an almost perfect transformation with only a few minor flaws. Please help me scribes.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kilvan Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 16:52:09
Agreed, use whatever suits your game IF the DM allows it. I don't think +3 LA is a typo per se, but it is pretty borderline +2.
Diffan Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 14:32:30
I'd go with a LA +2, mainly because its what the update for players guide to Faerūn says. Also the SR is pretty key and probably worth a +1 LA right there. But you don't have to use SK, as a consult with your DM should help you out.

Doge Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 14:10:54
Also, PGtF had the monster update web enhancement which gave the Tainted One a LA of +2 and the broodguard a LA of +3. So i'll probably go with the +2 LA seeing as +3 is in my opinion too big for a PC template and is probably a typo in Serpent Kingdoms. Even a pureblood yuan-ti only has a +2 LA. Still waiting for what the rest of the scribes think.
Kilvan Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 13:53:02
Serpent Kingdoms has priority over older sources, so it is the one you "have" to take. Looks like they considered that their SR combined with a few immunities made them very powerful, which is debatable, so the LA is now +3.

In my campaign, I use the Expanded psionic handbook rules, so Yuan-tis are given Power resistance instead of spell resistance. Since I also consider psionic to be extremely rare, having this resistance is not as powerful as it should be. With that in mind, I'd probably reduce the LA by 1.
sfdragon Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 12:25:47
fst its 3.x not 3e or 3.5.

as for whichi t is, well I have serpent empires, mof and rof.

I'd go with the one that was printed LAST. or just use rof's tainted one

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000