Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Why "A call to productive action on the 5E Realms"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kris the Grey Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 19:53:50
In an attempt to gin up a bit more interest in my prior post (and not fully savvy to the best way to co-ordinate posts hereabouts...again looks meaningfully upwards to the sky seeking input from the gods of Moderation), I figured I'd make a point here about the merits of collective action...

Some quick facts (as I see them):

1) A quick search of the interwebs shows that Candlekeep is the single largest community of Realms fans on the web.

2) A number of key writers, product designers, and friends of Ed post here and read things written here, so can speak to the quality and dedication of this forum.

3) WoTC is asking for input on the future of the Realms.

4) Input from single gamers in the form of unibomber style manifesto emails to WoTC will have much less impact on the suits there than co-ordinated replies from groups of fans that can be more easily digested (and will be more respected as 'a snap shot of the fans at large').

5) If the single largest interweb fan group could co-ordinate it's voice and speak 'as one' on some key elements in a formal reply to WoTC about the direction of the Realms then the chances are high (given 1 to 4 above) that whatever we can collectively agree on is likely to be seen as 'the defining statement on the will of the Realms fans' if only because large organizations like getting their feedback from interest groups rather than the messy work of collating person by person 'pure democracy' responses.

I've worked in government for years, I've been the head of a municipal political party, and I've been on the board of directors of that same political party at the statewide level (big two, not third party), so I can tell you a bit about how big groups listen to the voices of 'little people'. Yes, I know this situation is a bit different, and yes I know that if one of you is friends with someone key at WoTC then you will have more influence then 10,000 of us (which is sadly not different from democracy Lol), but trust me when I say that if we deliver a co-ordinated message with one voice on those things we can distill agreement on then we will be delivering a powerful message with an excellent chance of ensuring that the 5E Realms contains things we want it to.

So, do me a favor and DO NOT REPLY here (unless you just want to disagree with my premise above - and I know there are those of you who just cannot resist any opportunity to play devil's advocate and disagree with anything anyone says, so feel free to vent Lol), but instead go to the 'Productive Action' post and share your answers to the questions there.

Thank you for your attention and your input my fellow Realms aficionados.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000