Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Gamer Fantastic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesLowder Posted - 18 Aug 2009 : 23:45:08
Hi:

The new DAW anthology Gamer Fantastic has a number of Realms vets participating, including Steven Schend and Ed Greenwood, but fans of the pre-4E Realms might want to grab a copy to read the contribution from former TSR editor Brian M. Thomsen. His tale is entitled "You Forgot Whose Realm This Really Is!" It's not pleasant reading, but hardcore Realms fans might want to take a look. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll add one thing. There's a lot of blind and bitter flailing for targets in this story. Don't mistake fiction for history.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uzzy Posted - 25 Aug 2009 : 14:32:03
Anyone want to explain why it's so provocative? For those who won't likely see the book for some time, I mean.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 20 Aug 2009 : 05:08:38
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
who also thanks Kes for the kind words on his story (and hopes his website clears up any questions about the story left open)

More than welcome Steven. :) I had read the last article you put up before, but read it again once I got home. Clears up a little of the who's who that I've been pondering!! I can't wait until you get a full story published, (as long as Sam is in it as well, lol) because these little teases are not very nice.

~Kes
*runs away before she gets bopped for being impertinent*
The Sage Posted - 20 Aug 2009 : 01:40:12
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

I realize it's just a typo, but I got a big laugh out of seeing Brian Thomsen as "the Brain" (the mutant megalomaniacal mouse from Animaniacs).

"Whaddya wanna do, Brain?"

"What we do every night, Pinky--try to take over the Realms!"

Strangely enough, this makes me think of Brian's "Mouse the Magic Guy."

[I need to read some of his short stories again, I think]
Brimstone Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 21:46:03

What you talkin about Willis!

Steven Schend Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 18:55:05
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

Hi:

The new DAW anthology Gamer Fantastic has a number of Realms vets participating, including Steven Schend and Ed Greenwood, but fans of the pre-4E Realms might want to grab a copy to read the contribution from former TSR editor Brian M. Thomsen. His tale is entitled "You Forgot Whose Realm This Really Is!" I'll leave it at that.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

I got it this morning.

Yes, I read Brain's story first thing. Interesting. Very evocative, and provacative.

I realize it's just a typo, but I got a big laugh out of seeing Brian Thomsen as "the Brain" (the mutant megalomaniacal mouse from Animaniacs).

"Whaddya wanna do, Brain?"

"What we do every night, Pinky--try to take over the Realms!"

Steven
who also thanks Kes for the kind words on his story (and hopes his website clears up any questions about the story left open)
Brimstone Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 18:28:30
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

Hi:

The new DAW anthology Gamer Fantastic has a number of Realms vets participating, including Steven Schend and Ed Greenwood, but fans of the pre-4E Realms might want to grab a copy to read the contribution from former TSR editor Brian M. Thomsen. His tale is entitled "You Forgot Whose Realm This Really Is!" I'll leave it at that.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

I got it this morning.

Yes, I read Brian's story first thing. Interesting. Very evocative, and provacative.
Brimstone Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 08:09:49
Thanks.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 04:41:40
quote:

Thanks.

So is this it?

Yep, that's the one.
Brimstone Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 03:09:45
Thanks.

So is this it?
The Sage Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 03:05:15
quote:

Where can I find this book, at Borders, Barnes and Noble, or do I need to special order it?
Considering that DAW is a subsidiary of Penguin books, I'd imagine you'll find it wherever you'd normally find those books.
quote:
What does DAW stand for?
'Tis probably a shortened form of the founder's name -- Donald A. Wollheim.
Brimstone Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 02:27:20
Where can I find this book, at Borders, Barnes and Noble, or do I need to special order it?

What does DAW stand for?
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 02:04:01
I picked this up from Steven at GenCon. I've read Steven's story, most of Ed's and a couple of the others. I've really enjoyed all of them so far. I'll read the one you are talking about next then Jim, thanks!

The Sage Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 01:07:59
I had no idea this was coming. Really.

*Quickly removes the virtual post-it note Steven Schend left on my forehead during my last visit to the Codex Continual*

Brian R. James Posted - 19 Aug 2009 : 00:29:58
Intriguing. I may have to check this out. Thanks Jim.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000