Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of Elves of Faerūn!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 17:25:40
-It complete slipped my mind. November 1st was the 2nd anniversary of the Elves of Faerūn project. There's no online cake, or anything like that, so sorry about that. Rather, I'd just like to take this moment to bring attention to it, remind everyone of it, and maybe even recruit a volunteer or two in the process (It's hard doing so much of it myself!)

http://www.forgottenrealmsvault.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 16 Jan 2009 : 21:12:54
-I mentioned it elsewhere, but I don't want to be off-topic.

-I am always accepting suggestions for contributions and actual contributions, more importantly. Obviously, any entry that does not have a link to an actual article has yet to be done. There are various topics that have yet to be written that I haven't made entries for in the main index, as well.
Lord Karsus Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 18:56:28
-I'm partial to chocolate chip and oatmeal.
Iluvrien Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 17:49:14
Conbadgerations, Dagnirion! EoF is certainly a extraordinary undertaking. One that, once my thesis is complete (if it doesn't kill me first), I am minded to volunterr my services to (should you want them).

In the mean time you will just have to settle with my thanks, awe and possibly a cookie.
Lord Karsus Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 16:56:27
-Of course, and I forgot to mention, I don't state when I update things. I just do. So, check things periodically, because there will probably be new material. For example, I finished a few Drow settlements and added them during the latter part of last week. I am probably going to finish the Yuirwood today, and work on (and hopefully complete) something else.
Lord Karsus Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 17:06:13
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I should check the Index again and see what I promised (aside from dark Elven realms). I have an idea for a pretty cool story that would mesh my ideas for Drow perfectly with yours (we'd BOTH be right! How cool is that?)

-Don't know. After a while, I just erase the 'reservation' that people have on particular topics when nothing is submitted. That way, if someone new comes along, and they want to cover a topic, they're not blocked by someone who reserved a topic long ago, but never contributed anything towards it.

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Anyway, I'm not sure if you are including stories - even very short ones, but I'd be happy to pen one. Maybe I can figure out a way to make it seem like an article...

Oh... and just some you know where I'm coming from, the original DotU and the CBoE included a few 'tall tales', which was a way of desribing Elven nature (I vaguely remember one about a young Elven lass who fell in love with a treant).

-All of the articles are written from the format of the author, or contributors that the author asked to write an article. In that sense, any article, for the most part, can sound like literature. Some of them (The excellent Frost Elves article, for example) already sound like a story.
Lord Karsus Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 17:02:54
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Aye.

The draft itself is largely written. But I'm not happy with a few of the references I've expanded upon due to a lack of consistent elven-related musical lore. And, unfortunately, I just don't have the time available at the moment to actually sit down and smooth out all those rough patches. Sadly, it'll probably have to wait until early next year.

-I've waited this long, and I doubt that, between now and a few months, I'll complete the project and convert everything into a PDF, sans the material you have. So, in that sense, there's no hurry.

-It must be said, though, having updated the index yesterday, I am quite impressed on the breadth of information that has been covered thus far. I did not realize it myself.
Lord Karsus Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 17:00:55
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

Whats Elves of Faerun?

-No thread mentioning it would be complete without this.
Markustay Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 06:20:42
Congrats...

I should check the Index again and see what I promised (aside from dark Elven realms). I have an idea for a pretty cool story that would mesh my ideas for Drow perfectly with yours (we'd BOTH be right! How cool is that?)

Anyway, I'm not sure if you are including stories - even very short ones, but I'd be happy to pen one. Maybe I can figure out a way to make it seem like an article...

Oh... and just some you know where I'm coming from, the original DotU and the CBoE included a few 'tall tales', which was a way of desribing Elven nature (I vaguely remember one about a young Elven lass who fell in love with a treant).
The Sage Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 05:38:39
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-That's, unfortunately, how it goes, though. Plenty of people have volunteered to write various articles, or help in some other fashion, and said help has never materialized, those who volunteered disappearing. Them's the ropes...
Aye.

The draft itself is largely written. But I'm not happy with a few of the references I've expanded upon due to a lack of consistent elven-related musical lore. And, unfortunately, I just don't have the time available at the moment to actually sit down and smooth out all those rough patches. Sadly, it'll probably have to wait until early next year.
MerrikCale Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 04:43:12
Whats Elves of Faerun?
Lord Karsus Posted - 14 Nov 2008 : 04:18:50
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

And, yes, I do remember that piece about Elven music that I once promised to write for Elves of Faerūn. I've not forgotten.

-I did. Well, rather, I did until you mentioned it...

-That's, unfortunately, how it goes, though. Plenty of people have volunteered to write various articles, or help in some other fashion, and said help has never materialized, those who volunteered disappearing. Them's the ropes...
Brimstone Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 23:04:27
-Cool. I always enjoyed reading this stuff.

BRIMSTONE
The Sage Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 22:56:33
Good stuff! And congrats on the anniversary Dagnirion. 'Tis certainly a worthwhile effort.

And, yes, I do remember that piece about Elven music that I once promised to write for Elves of Faerūn. I've not forgotten.
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 22:48:40
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I'm thinking about volunteering for it. Just trying to figure out my resources right now.

-Volunteers are just what I need, and exactly what I hoped this posting and anniversary might encourage.
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 22:47:52
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Congratulations!

-Thank you, my love.

quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Yay!

-Thank you. Hey, I might need a favor in you in the form of a character sheet. When and if I ever do, I'll send you a PM. Just, you know, want to let you know well in advance, if ever.
Hawkins Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 19:20:08
Yay!
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 18:54:01
I'm thinking about volunteering for it. Just trying to figure out my resources right now.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 18:38:37
Congratulations!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000