Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Baldur's Gate Thieves Guild?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jlf2n Posted - 30 Jan 2008 : 20:42:45
Hail and well met.

Does anyone have any information regarding just who these guys are and what they call themselves? I have found digging through the lore that there seems to be only one major thieves guild in BG and they run any competition out of town rather quickly. But thats all I can find, no name or anything else seems to be out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are creating a PW for NWN2 based off the Sword Coast and we have more than half of the areas completed already. This PW will be strictly Forgotten Realms lore, nothing made up. If you know your lore, then you will know where you are at any given time.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ShadezofDis Posted - 01 Feb 2008 : 17:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis
Too many high level Realms NPCs man. ;)

HAHAHA. Cough. You could be correct!

I thought that one might be well received.

Though I'd be happy with him at a lower level, I've got a rogue who wants some payback.
Kuje Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 22:34:30
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

quote:

Ravenscar is also in the FRCS, in the BG section, I believe, but I never understood why he lost about five levels in 3e even though none of his classes changed from his stats in the older material.

HAHAHA. Cough. You could be correct!
ShadezofDis Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 17:21:02
quote:

Ravenscar is also in the FRCS, in the BG section, I believe, but I never understood why he lost about five levels in 3e even though none of his classes changed from his stats in the older material.

Kuje Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 16:12:37
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 15:36:05
quote:
Originally posted by jlf2n
Thanks for the tidbit on Ravenscar though, we will defintely use him.

You're welcome. And it looks like ShadezofDis found the canon info about him, I knew it was somewhere.
ShadezofDis Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 15:28:54
jlf2n,

The hard cover Forgotten Realms Adventures has a tiny bit about the guild as well...(checks)...

Alatos "Ravenscar" Thuibuld is a NE hm T19 in the book and the guild membership is 560+. They're well entrenched and well armed, particularly in the magic items dept. There's also the Knights of the Shield to consider, they have members active in Baldur's Gate as well (though they may have an alliance, or may avoid the thieves all together).

And other than that I can't find a thing. :)
jlf2n Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 14:24:22
Aye,the Sage is correct, they are not really mentioned in VGtTSC. The only thing it says is that there is a rather powerful and successful thieves guild who operates in BG and they run any competition out of town. Thanks for the tidbit on Ravenscar though, we will defintely use him.

We are making this PW hardcore Forgotten Realms lore so any info we can gather will be of great help. First and foremost we are sticking to Cannon material, and if the info is vague there I try to get it from any of the video games thats been released. Any further info on BG would be greatly appreciated.

PS> make sure you guys drop by the vault to check out my Pre-Fab release of Candlekeep. Hope you enjoy it!

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 31 Jan 2008 : 00:58:03
Hmm, either way VGtoSC would be a good reference book to have if one is making a game based on that area.
The Sage Posted - 30 Jan 2008 : 22:57:45
I don't immediately recall them being referenced in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Jan 2008 : 22:42:52
Not that what's in the video games is "canon", but in Baldur's Gate 1 there are some interesting encounters involving a Thieves Guild in the city run by a shady character named Ravenscar (I think?--I know he IS an official NPC). Also, I think Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast says a little bit about him.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000