Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Half-breeds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aravine Posted - 15 Oct 2007 : 13:10:53
Half breed races refer to half fill in the blank, half Human. What about the other basic races, like a half Dwarf, half Gnome?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aravine Posted - 09 Nov 2007 : 17:31:16
Thanks all!
Penknight Posted - 31 Oct 2007 : 18:49:09
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

An interesting book to look over is Bastards & Bloodlines: A Guidebook to Half-breeds put out by Green Ronin.

Ooo...I will have to look that on up. Thanks for brining it to my attention.

My pleasure! Besides, I believe that I asked a question about something in a previous thread and you lent me your aid. You could just say that I'm returning the favor.
Hawkins Posted - 31 Oct 2007 : 18:39:17
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

An interesting book to look over is Bastards & Bloodlines: A Guidebook to Half-breeds put out by Green Ronin.

Ooo...I will have to look that on up. Thanks for brining it to my attention.
Penknight Posted - 31 Oct 2007 : 17:46:02
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Oct 2007 : 17:31:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Elves and dwarves can have offspring, but it only occurred at the heights of racial cooperation.

Is that the new euphemism for when elves and dwarves have sex? "Racial cooperation", indeed!
The Sage Posted - 15 Oct 2007 : 13:26:55
Elves and dwarves can have offspring, but it only occurred at the heights of racial cooperation. The offspring aren't a distinct crossbreed race, but taller dwarves, as FR11 Dwarves Deep [the main source on Realms dwarves] discusses.

Eric L Boyd mentioned a dwelf of the Ironstar clan in one of his Mintiper's Chapbook articles -- From "Part 5: Myth Glaurach of Mintiper's Chapbook" -

"As implied previously, the central caster of the variant of Mythanthar’s create mythal spell in this instance was Tisharu Craulnober. She imbued one major and one minor power into the mythal. Four secondary casters participated in the raising of Myth Glaurach’s mythal, including Aelynthi of the Eagles, a female moon elf of Eaerlanni ancestry and Clan Archmage of House Alenuath, Isinghar "Feyrune" Ironstar, a dwelf runecarver and archmage of Ammarindar, the Nameless Chosen, and Tsaer "the Horned" Nyamtharsar, a male moon elf of Eaerlanni ancestry and Clan Archmage of House Nyamtharsar."

And a little bit from Steven Schend -

"Dwelves....okay, I'll stop myself early before I start doing haiku about stone shelves and dungeon delves....

As stated above (and like half-elves), they favor and adopt the lifestyle/culture under which they are raised. Same goes for which gods they revere.

Both elves and dwarves have serious cognitive dissonance when it comes to dwelves, as (unlike half-elves or half-orcs, IMO) there's no set form or expectation for how they'll look. It's anyone's guess if you'll end up with a dwarf's body size and shape with elven features and ears or an elf's body but stocky vs. svelte and rather hairier than the norm. Dwarven parents may mourn their child's inability to grow a decent beard, thanks to their elven half, while elves may grumble that the child is more interested in the dirt rather than the tree from which it springs. Most likely, they're only comfortable among some societies that embrace acceptance and unity (like Myth Drannor or Miyeritar or elsewhere).

That said, I was surprised by that Myth Glaurach note. Methinks I'll have to talk to Eric and find out what else he's had the Blackstaff up to while I've not been watching....if only for my own curiousity, of course."

And, of course, there is Labrad -- the product of Drannor Whitethistle (an elf) and Konora Onyxhelm (a dwarf). He was not specifically named as a "dwelf" however. And yes... this is where the name of Myth Drannor was derived. See Cormanthyr.
Jorkens Posted - 15 Oct 2007 : 13:14:12
Dwelf, gnolfling, Gnarf?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000