Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Constables of Daggerfalls

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 02 Jul 2004 : 12:01:59
I'm further developing my Zhentarim\Daggerdale campaign and am looking for information on the constables of Daggerfalls. Does anybody have a list giving the time periods and names of assigned constables of the town?
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ErskineF Posted - 15 Jan 2009 : 05:24:40
Bumping this up in order to ask a few questions.

In what product is Flars Morn mentioned? Is he Randal's father, or grandfather?

(Edit: Skip that one. I found it in "So Saith Ed.")

Who was Captain Eli Marshking? Where is he mentioned?

Did Malyk inhabit Castle Daggerdale after ousting the Morn family, or did he live in Dagger Falls?

When was Castle Daggerdale gutted by fire? When the Morn family was ousted, or when Malyk was slain? Or some other time?

webmanus Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 20:36:29
OK, thanks. I have been there. Pretty nice site. I assume that theyr have "estimated" that date as the rest of us, that is, decide when Doom of Daggerdale takes place and then go back 100 years.
Misericordia Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 20:06:27
Hi webmanus,
the link is http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_time_12.html.
webmanus Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 18:36:19
Hmmm, I should update my post here ... with my view ... however, Misericordia, which timeline? Could you please add a link or some more details? By the way, great of you to updated this post. Long live Daggerdale!
Misericordia Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 14:19:39
According to a timeline, Colderan Morn in 1267/Year of the Groaning Cart was ruler of Daggerdale.
The Sage Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 14:30:54
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Incidently what (realms) year did RoRM take place in? (Presumably 1369?)
Yes, Morn reclaims the throne in 1369 DR.
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 14:13:02
According to the FRCS (1993- grey box):

"Currently Guthbert [Golthammer] heads a mercenary force of over 2000 soldiers based in ruined Teshwave who are battling the rebel forces of Randal Morn in the Daggerdale area."[Year of the Shield ending 1367, Year of the banner Starting 1368] -Running the Realms pp35

In The Return of Randal Morn (1995), however Guthbert Golthammer is cleary presented the Constable of Daggerfalls. An interesting point is Guthbert has also lost a few levels in RoRM (3 to be exact) perhaps this is in the interest of scaling the adventure?

Incidently what (realms) year did RoRM take place in? (Presumably 1369?)

Hanx
Elrond
webmanus Posted - 03 Aug 2005 : 01:16:43
Hi folks!

My current thoughts ... any comments?

The Rulers of Daggerdale
Year    Ruler
xxxx -- xxxx Colderan Morn
xxxx -- xxxx Flars Morn
1336 -- 1353 Lord Malyk of Daggerdale
1353 -- 1366 Constable Tren Noemfor
1366 -- 1369 Constable Guthbert Golthammer
1369 -- xxxx    Lord Randal Morn

However, according to The Moonsea (1995), Guthbert Golthammer is located in Teshwave 1367 DR.
The Sage Posted - 04 Jul 2004 : 13:39:19
I've always had a soft spot for Daggerdale as well. It was part of the reason why I first selected the Dalelands as part of the 'Current Clack' project, which now appears to have run out of steam. I'm still working on my submissions though...

Anyway, if you come across any information pertaining to Eli Marshking, let me know...
Lord Rad Posted - 04 Jul 2004 : 10:38:33
Thanks Sage. I have my Daggerdale resources to hand now though so ill be going through them later to see what I can dig up on the constables (amongst other things).

Daggerdale is my favorite Dalelands area, I wish WotC would release a more detailed product for the area
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 16:56:34
Yes, that's right.

Anyway, I've just quickly checked over the relevant sourcebooks. He doesn't appear to have been mentioned elsewhere.
Faraer Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 16:17:36
No, and he doesn't ring a bell -- from FRQ3? I doubt he's in more sources than the one you found him in.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 15:54:34
Do you have any dates surrounding Captain Eli Marshking as well, Faraer?
Faraer Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 15:45:10
I posted this to another thread:
quote:
?-1316 DR: Morn family rules Daggerdale
1316-1353: Malyk rules Daggerdale (after the fall of Teshendale) until slain by Randal
1353?-13xx: Tren Noemfor constable of Dagger Falls (FRQ3)
13xx-1369: Guthbert Golthammer second and last constable of Dagger Falls, Ilthond (from Spellfire) his Zhentarim superior
1369: Randal Morn regains Daggerdale
The FRCS dates Daggerdale's fall to 1336 DR, which Ed has clarified as "the most definitive and complete occupation of the dale, wherein the Zhents established laws and enforcement, built roads and fortifications, and dwelt everywhere (as opposed to establishing on-road guardposts and garrisons and raiding the dale continuously from them)".
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 15:24:29
Do you require any further details concerning the constables? I now have access to the tome I mentioned earlier.
Lord Rad Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 11:00:31
Thanks Sage. Tren is also the only one I remember.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 06:11:24
I seem to recall that the Doom of Daggerdale adventure had some details on the constables. They led a foot patrol, with approximately 20 members (all of which were 0-level)

As for the names... Captains Eli Marshking and Tren are the only constables that I remember without referencing the tome in question.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000