Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sunken Ahjuutal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Palmate Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 12:18:40
I'm looking for information on this location found in the Imperial South section of LEoF.

I understand it is underwater and located in the south, near Almraiven. Any one have a clue as to when it was destroyed; I seem to recall reading that Elven High Magic caused it to fall under the waves, anyone know what may have precipitated this event?

I'm also looking for information on what was the common language spoken in the area at the time of its destruction, possible artifacts found within its ruins, and general knowledge and ideas on its make up.

Any and all information and speculation is welcome.

Palmate
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gary Dallison Posted - 13 Oct 2021 : 17:36:44
If you need a hand I'm sure there are many volunteers. I'm good at keeping secrets as well.
Steven Schend Posted - 13 Oct 2021 : 13:59:19
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Mr. Schend,

Good evening! :)

Bumping this regarding my question from February of 2020, which was:

quote:
Do you happen to know if the lost "Scepter of Calim" has ever been recovered? I want to say it might have been mentioned in the "Star of Cursrah", novel?

Brain stretched to maximum overload here....haha

Never read Star of Cursrah that I can recall, nor do I know of any reclamation of the Scepter of Calim, so you and your players get to go to town with recovering it yourselves!

SES
who really really ought to finish that worldbuilding stuff and post it for free (in minimal notes) and sale (in some form or other)
cpthero2 Posted - 12 Oct 2021 : 06:20:46
Master Rupert,

Great to hear from you! :) Just kind of getting back into the swing of things. Been doing a lot of home remodeling projects as of late, so I've been a bit tied up with that. :)

I appreciate the response on that. I hope all is well with him.

Best regards,

Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Oct 2021 : 03:04:15
I've not seen much of Steven Schend online, of late.
cpthero2 Posted - 12 Oct 2021 : 02:40:04
Mr. Schend,

Good evening! :)

Bumping this regarding my question from February of 2020, which was:

quote:
Do you happen to know if the lost "Scepter of Calim" has ever been recovered? I want to say it might have been mentioned in the "Star of Cursrah", novel?

Best regards,

cpthero2 Posted - 21 Feb 2020 : 03:41:49
Mr. Schend,

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by Palmate

While doing a bit more research for this planned adventure, I came across an entry in the FRCS. It is located on Pg. 156 in the Major Geographical features; Spider Swamp.

In this entry it talks about Lost Ajhuutal, in fact it is stated in the entry that Ajhuutal is located in the Northern part of the Spider Swamp, and has in fact become an inhabited submerged city of 300+ aranea. This seems to directly contradict LEoF Pg. 123.
I already know what I'm going to do for my game, but I was curious if someone could speak to this discrepancy? Is the city in the Northern Spider Swamp another city of the Marid Ajhuu’s empire? Or perhaps the real city?

thanks for helping to clear this up,

Palmate

There are two sites (as noted in EMPIRES OF THE SHINING SEA) that people attribute to Ajhuutal--the true one which is off the coast and beneath the Shining Sea, and the one misnamed as Ajhuutal by poor historians or worse mapmakers. Both exist, but the city of marids is the one off coast, not occupied by aranea.

SES
Who sank `em both....

Palmate Posted - 01 Aug 2005 : 14:02:47
great thanks!

so since you sank 'em... what was the Norther, mis named city, before? What was it called?

Palmate
Steven Schend Posted - 01 Aug 2005 : 13:43:58
quote:

While doing a bit more research for this planned adventure, I came across an entry in the FRCS. It is located on Pg. 156 in the Major Geographical features; Spider Swamp.

In this entry it talks about Lost Ajhuutal, in fact it is stated in the entry that Ajhuutal is located in the Northern part of the Spider Swamp, and has in fact become an inhabited submerged city of 300+ aranea. This seems to directly contradict LEoF Pg. 123.
I already know what I'm going to do for my game, but I was curious if someone could speak to this discrepancy? Is the city in the Northern Spider Swamp another city of the Marid Ajhuu’s empire? Or perhaps the real city?

Palmate

There are two sites (as noted in EMPIRES OF THE SHINING SEA) that people attribute to Ajhuutal--the true one which is off the coast and beneath the Shining Sea, and the one misnamed as Ajhuutal by poor historians or worse mapmakers. Both exist, but the city of marids is the one off coast, not occupied by aranea.

SES
Who sank `em both....
Palmate Posted - 31 Jul 2005 : 16:55:44

Palmate
Palmate Posted - 27 Jul 2005 : 17:02:35
thanks all for the great replies... I should have known to look in the EotSS. The information located in that source is really good historically, any ideas on lost artifacts and things magical that may have survived 10000 years?

and Eric, I think you are right, I am also using the empire of Jhaamdath and the cities of the sword in my current campaign and it all mingles together sometimes.

Palmate
The Sage Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 15:09:17
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Ahjuutal is introduced and discussed in Empires of the Shining Sea (2e).
That figures... . It has to be mentioned in the one tome that I temporary lent to a friend just yesterday .
ericlboyd Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 14:51:32
Ahjuutal is introduced and discussed in Empires of the Shining Sea (2e). It's a marid city that fell during the reign of Calim the djinn.

Also, I think you're thinking of Jhaamdath, which was destroyed by a tidal wave raised by Elven High Magic. Jhaamdath lay where the Vilhon Reach is now. An unexpected result of that magic was the destruction of the sea elven capitol of the Inner Sea.

--Eric
The Sage Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 14:40:40
quote:

I'm looking for information on this location found in the Imperial South section of LEoF.
I don't recall any particular 2e references on Ahjuutal -- at least, there's no mention in any of the tomes dedicated to that region of the southern Realms.

quote:
I understand it is underwater and located in the south, near Almraiven. Any one have a clue as to when it was destroyed;...
The entry in LEoF says that Ahjuutal predates the foundation of Coramshan. Coramshan wasn't founded until -6060 DR and the timeline in LEoF for the Imperial South lists that the fall of Ahjuutal occured in -7684 DR.

Ahjuutal sunk as a result of the war between the djinni Calim and the marid Ahjuu -- the so-called Steam Wars. Calim was responsible for the destruction of Ahjuutal.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000