Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Class!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jebeddo Posted - 14 May 2005 : 04:20:15
So, what is everyone's favorite core class? (Just wondering)
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Euranna Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 19:06:32
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

<snip>
3.xE: Druid (and then you don't need anyone else)
<snip>

I can completely agree with this. Our 3.x campaign that lasted 6 years, I was the only spellcaster for years and I was a druid. I was soo thrilled when we got a cleric and a wizard eventually (upper end of the "sweet spot").

Old Man Harpell Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 18:38:27
I chose sorcerer, but I can adapt to any 'dedicated' spellcasting class easily (wizards run an extremely close second). I can play anything, but I prefer spellcasters (and psions, when allowed)

I'm currently playing (I get to PLAY!!!) in a campaign where the DM forbid any dedicated spellcasters at all, save one lone cleric (which I got because no one else was insane enough to volunteer for), and only because not having magical healing would slow the campaign to a crawl. At first level, with a paladin and ranger also present, he has informed us we are likely among the most magic-heavy groups around, at least in the immediate region. Needless to say, this is an exceedingly magic-lite campaign.

- OMH
Tarlyn Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 17:02:48
I went wizard, but ranger is a very close second.
Derulbaskul Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 11:24:38
1E: Paladin
2E: Paladin
3.xE: Druid (and then you don't need anyone else)
4E: Valorous Bard or Tactical Warlord or Bladesinger
Xar Zarath Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 09:32:54
Wizard all the way baby!
CorellonsDevout Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 04:24:44
Cleric, naturally
Nicolai Withander Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 18:57:04
Ahh... The wizard is the class for me! Power, mystery, and an endless number of possibilities!!!

And also... The most powerful PrC!!!
Zireael Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 18:22:10
I voted monk. If playing core, it beats almost anything. Except for infamous 'druid 20', which is a real one-man-band. Does anything.
Alisttair Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 17:54:08
A poll like this based on the 4e classes should be made (or is it?) since the way the classes function is different (plus Warlock would be added as an option). hmmmm....
TheRatBeard Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 17:48:56
I chose sorcerer.
Dennis Posted - 03 May 2010 : 04:48:19
This is the only poll where my vote is one of the majority.
Sill Alias Posted - 24 Apr 2010 : 10:34:11
Nice script. But note that thanks to such players we have iconic heroes like Jenkins, though I feel that such characters are closer to chaos than law. I mean, they are acting on impulse, so you could call them chaotic.(Like Minsc)
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 23 Apr 2010 : 16:50:41
I have to go with paladin, but only if the class is played properly. On this same note, I found this to be of real use and sent it to all of my players regarding alignment, since many people seem to have problems with this issue.

Lawful Stupid
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 20:39:34
LOL!!! Amen! Mine sings, dances, and plays six different instruments! (Though not all at once- unless he animates them...)
Doc Filth Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 16:34:08
Bards for me, the original one-man band (pun intended ).
Dinnin Posted - 20 Apr 2010 : 03:17:53
However in saying that my best character has been a Rogue/Cleric of Loki. Strange combination but its amazing how well it worked.
Dinnin Posted - 20 Apr 2010 : 03:13:57
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I like fighters, sorcerers, and rogues (I still think of them as thieves) the best. If I had to pick one, I'd go for the fighter.

I would have to agree with this except that sorcerers is replaced with Ranger.
I see the Rougue as a theif and thats generally what my guy does, steals things
Dennis Posted - 19 Apr 2010 : 19:56:41
i voted for wizard. all my fave characters are wizards, be it FR or not. so why choose something else?!
Sill Alias Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 08:30:29
Thanks! Yummy! Too bad that bards can't backstab, unless they have some special classes. But trapping the lair of sleeping dragon is also a good option. He wakes and BANG!
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 03:38:50
:) Cute, Laer... Nope, just Bardic Hiding. The book had a rather amusing origin for the spell- apperantly it was created by a bard who had a habit of sleeping with ladies he shouldn't. He made it to escape from the notice of irate husbands. Go figure... And yeah, stealth is always a good thing. Let's see... which would I rather play- the big dumb barbarian who is so noisy he wakes up the dragon long before he reaches it? Or the sneaky rogue who can slip in and backstab it and kill it before it ever knows he's there? Hmm.... Decisions, dcisions.... Bravo, Sill. You win a cookie for clever use of class powers!
Sill Alias Posted - 06 Apr 2010 : 12:29:30
Bards are effective scouts if they work alone. If someone notices them, they can sing to cloud his mind or cast sleep. Useful.
Laerrigan Posted - 06 Apr 2010 : 09:03:01
Isn't that also called "Viking Hiding," with an extra bonus if you're on Hy Brasil?

And so this isn't OT, I do love classes that are good at stealth . There's something lovely about efficiency and having it while remaining unnoticed. And getting away intact.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 06 Apr 2010 : 07:51:54
ROFLMFAO!!! You know, I found a spell in Nymphology that was called "Bardic Hiding". It lets you hide darn near anywhere- even under a lampshade!! So long as you "attempt" to hide, it gives you a huge bonus to your hide check. So... he could just hide under the sheets on the bed. Or, since it was my alley, behind a trash can.

BTW, I had heard of the movie, now that you mention it, but I've not had a chance to see it.
Laerrigan Posted - 06 Apr 2010 : 06:12:23
It's old . Just not well-advertised at all. It took word of mouth for me to even hear of it a few years ago. There are multiple movies with similar names---look for the 2002 one (summary here) written/directed by Matt Vancil.

A ballista will punch right through your bards, Ashe. When you're not looking.

What is that, a ranger ability? Hide in Plain Bard? Maybe you should just get barding for your animal companion and call it good.

I'm going to stop now....
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 06 Apr 2010 : 04:16:01
Ah. Sadly, I have just moved back with my family, albeit temporarity, and have spent the last two months or so under the proverbial rock in terms of seeing any movies, due to not having power at previous home. (For some reason, the power company expects you to pay them.... Kinda hard without a job, but candles work great, I've discovered. And you'd be surprised what you can get from a grocery store that doesn't require cooking or refridgerating...) I guess I'll have to check out that movie- sounds right up my alley! (That tends to be a rather crowded place, since people keep piling all those bards' bodies in it... Darn music haters.)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 21:08:55
Hee-hee:

"I hide behind the pile of dead bards!"
Laerrigan Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 20:59:24
You completely missed the "Gamers" movie? *SPOILER* The players' PCs find them and kill them. It's freaking hilarious spoof, start to finish, made by people who really know fantasy tabletop RPing, lol. Absolute classic.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 07:56:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

Revenge of the characters! LOL! Bards still rule.

AMEN!!! With a song in their hearts....

Laerrigan- Huh?
Laerrigan Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 07:42:23
"Gamers" movie....
Sill Alias Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 07:29:17
Revenge of the characters! LOL! Bards still rule.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000