Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Stupidest thing a character has done

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kaladorm Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 16:14:23
Yes its another chance to post your humorous stories :)
In the campaign Reefy is running we recently decided it would be a good idea to list the stupid(est) things a character has done and see if they can outdo themselves next adventure hehe. Just the kind of thing where you say 'What did you "think" would happen!?'
I'll start the ball rolling, I'm sure Reefy can remember more.

Adventuring in a dungeon, an old abandoned mine, we come accross a still pool filled with water and a walkway either side. Our dwarf Taklinn, decides to throw a stone into the water..
Result: Disturbing a giant black pudding which precedes to attack us

After clearing out a tower in the mere of dead men, Justin the paladin (forget his surname, npc character) gets filled with faithful zeal and decides to sanctify the tower, since it is a tower inhabited by artifacts of the dead god myrkul. We of course have a collection of rings of myrkul which helped us fight the undead. Milo the halfling druid decides, as Justin mentions this, to wave his ring of myrkul in Justins face and say 'Look what we got'....
Result: confiscation of all our rings of myrkul

any other humorous ones would be good :) For example my character Agent Darkblade failing to make a spot check whilst scouting and walking into a geltinous cube, and dying. :)
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 30 Aug 2006 : 21:15:20
quote:
Originally posted by gribble_the_munchkin

This wasn't me or my group but i read it years ago and its still one of the funniest D&D related things i've ever read.

[quote]Many years ago (back when we all were still playing D & D), I ran a game where I pitted two groups against each other.

*SNIP*

This one was made public through, again, KOTDT...funny, and idiotic, story...
Reefy Posted - 30 Aug 2006 : 17:01:22
Not so much stupid (well, maybe) as amusing, at least for me as the DM. Watching three characters in heavy armour trying to walk across a slippery bridge with no sides without plaunging into the river below is incredibly funny. Needless to say, two of them went for a swim. Swimming in heavy armour is almost as funny. It's amazing how things like that could prove to be problematic for even a high level party.
gribble_the_munchkin Posted - 30 Aug 2006 : 15:42:26

This wasn't me or my group but i read it years ago and its still one of the funniest D&D related things i've ever read.

quote:
Many years ago (back when we all were still playing D & D), I ran a game where I pitted two groups against each other.

Several members of Group One came up with the idea of luring Group Two into a trap. You remember the Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna that were artifacts in the old D&D world where if you cut off your hand (or your eye) and replaced it with the Hand of Vecna (or the Eye) you'd get new awesome powers? Well, Group One thought up The Head of Vecna.

Group One spread rumors all over the countryside (even paying Bards to spread the word about this artifact rumored to exist nearby). They even went so far as to get a real head and place it under some weak traps to help with the illusion. Unfortunately, they forgot to let ALL the members of their group in on the secret plan (I suspect it was because they didn't want the Druid to get caught and tell the enemy about this trap of theirs, or maybe because they didn't want him messing with things).

The Druid in group One heard about this new artifact and went off in search of it himself (I believe to help prove himself to the party members...) Well, after much trial and tribulation, he found it; deactivated (or set off) all the traps; and took his "prize" off into the woods for examination. He discovered that it did not radiate magic (a well known trait of artifacts) and smiled gleefully.

I wasn't really worried since he was alone and I knew that there was no way he could CUT HIS OWN HEAD OFF. Alas I was mistaken as the Druid promptly summoned some carnivorous apes and instructed them to use his own scimitar and cut his head off (and of course quickly replacing it with the Head of Vecna...)

Some time later, Group one decided to find the Druid and to check on the trap. They found the headless body (and the two heads) and realized that they had erred in their plan (besides laughing at the character who had played the Druid)...The Head of Vecna still had BOTH eyes! They corrected this mistake and reset their traps and the Head for it's real intended victims...

Group Two, by this time, had heard of the powerful artifact and decided that it bore investigating since, if true, they could use it to destroy Group One. After much trial and tribulation, they found the resting place of The Head of Vecna! The were particularly impressed with the cunning traps surrounding the site (one almost missed his save against the weakest poison known to man). They recovered the Head and made off to a safe area.

Group Two actually CAME TO BLOWS (several rounds of fighting) against each other argueing over WHO WOULD GET THEIR HEAD CUT OFF! Several greedy players had to be hurt and restrained before it was decided who would be the recipient of the great powers bestowed by the Head... The magician was selected and one of them promptly cut his head off. As the player was lifting The Head of Vecna to emplace it on it's new body, another argument broke out and they spent several minutes shouting and yelling. Then, finally, they put the Head onto the character.

Well, of course, the Head simply fell off the lifeless body. All members of Group Two began yelling and screaming at each other (and at me) and then, on their own, decided that they had let too much time pass between cutting off the head of a hopeful recipient and put the Head of Vecna onto the body.

SO THEY DID IT AGAIN!... [killing another PC]

In closing, it should be said that I never even cracked a smile as all this was going on. After the second PC was slaughtered, I had to give in (my side was hurting)...

And Group Two blamed ME for all of that...

So let that be a warning to you - don't let your head get cut off unless you really know what you're doing.

-- Bob Apthorpe

KnightErrantJR Posted - 07 Jun 2006 : 06:21:14
Tonight's less than wise occurances:

The drow manged to stare down a bodak for about four rounds without averting his gaze so as to attack with no penalty, and missed each time.

The cleric/wizard, after casting shadow mask to protect himself, ends up meeting the Bodak's gaze and dying.

The drow, after narrowly avoiding death, strolls up to the trapped altar with the secret door, having no chance to detect a magical trap, flings open the altar, blowing himself up with a fireball trap and putting himself at negatives after his heroic defiance of the Bodak's gaze.

And the rogue just looked at him, perplexed, the whole time.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Jun 2006 : 20:25:51
quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Harry Potter and the Chamber Pot of Horrors?

Wasn't that a Sluggy Freelance story arc?

yup but it was Torg Potter and the Chamberpot of Secretions. September 2003.

I knew was something like that.
Fletcher Posted - 02 Jun 2006 : 19:21:08
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

yup but it was Torg Potter and the Chamberpot of Secretions. September 2003.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 May 2006 : 21:56:51
quote:

Mace Hammerhand Posted - 29 May 2006 : 15:31:35
Does anyone remember TORG?

In our rumble-tumble group of intrepid adventurers originating from multiple realities our band was trying to escape from Atlanta, I think...

Naturally we ran into trouble. Surrounded by police, the mad scientist from Egypt drew his gun, said "I have a plan", put the gun to my head and shouted to the lawmen: "This is an abduction, let us go or I will kill the hostage!"

My elf wizard, who before that had already thought all the other people quite insane, knew, at that point, that the idiot had gone completely insane. He rushed away from his party into the 'safety' of the Delphi Council.

The rest of the party proceeded into the plane they'd been trying to charter. They dispatched of the crew and were now facing the problem of FLYING the damn thing themselves... needless to say no one had any clue on HOW to do that, the plane was from an era none of the characters came from.

It grew even worse...but that is another story...
Kaladorm Posted - 27 May 2006 : 22:11:49
RevJest Posted - 27 May 2006 : 19:00:00
Back in high school a younger friend of mine was running a game from me and some other friends. He was using a store bought module. At one point we entered a great hall, and he started to describe it from what was printed in the module. He told us there were frescos on the walls. When a player asked what kind of frescos, he thought a moment, then replied that they were the kind that you stand in front of when you urinate. In other words, he thought it was a great hall lined with toilets.

Stupidest thing a DM has ever done, moreso than character. Still, a favorite silly D&D story of mine. :)
Thrasymachus Posted - 24 May 2006 : 15:14:38
We played a campaign "blind". Players didn't have THACO's, or weapon stats, or anything beyond the most basic character sheets. The players just said what they were doing, and the DM's (one storyteller, the other running the rules) would translate the die rolls.
Anyway, one player decided "he simply had to know" the effects of a dagger he had found, and proceeded to stab himself over and over to get a gauge of the weapon's plusses. As if that wasn't bad enough, he unfortunatly didn't consider the slow acting poison.
He was playing a character with an int of 6, but we still debate if the roleplay was genius.
Jindael Posted - 18 May 2006 : 20:18:02
quote:
Originally posted by Selrahc

During one game of D&D according to one of my friends who knew the DM. This is supposedly a true story and it happened something like:

DM: You are proceding through a field when you spot a gazebo. What do you do?

Knight:(steps forward) Does it see me?

DM: No, it's just a gazebo.

Wizard:(casts detection)

Knight: Does it see me now?

Archer:(rolls to fire an arrow) Does it hit?

DM:(rolls for gazebo) Yes.

Archer: Did I hurt it?

DM:(rolls for gazebo) Yes, the gazebo loses 1 hitpoint.

Archer: Is it dead?

Knight:(rolls to attack gazebo) Do I hit it?

Knight: Did I hurt it?

DM:(rolls for gazebo) Yes, the gazebo loses 1 more hitpoint.

Knight: Is it dead?

DM:(gives players blank stare) It's the gazebo's turn. The gazebo rises from the ground and with it's great porch, devours your party, your adventure is over. (shuts book and leaves)

Google "eric and the gazebo" for the orignal story. The Knights of the Dinner Table joke about it was an homage to the original story.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 May 2006 : 19:54:25
Isn't that from Knights of the Dinner Table?
Selrahc Posted - 18 May 2006 : 18:16:15
During one game of D&D according to one of my friends who knew the DM. This is supposedly a true story and it happened something like:

DM: You are proceding through a field when you spot a gazebo. What do you do?

Knight:(steps forward) Does it see me?

Wizard:(casts detection)

Knight: Does it see me now?

Archer:(rolls to fire an arrow) Does it hit?

Archer: Did I hurt it?

DM:(rolls for gazebo) Yes, the gazebo loses 1 hitpoint.

Archer: Is it dead?

Knight:(rolls to attack gazebo) Do I hit it?

Knight: Did I hurt it?

DM:(rolls for gazebo) Yes, the gazebo loses 1 more hitpoint.

Knight: Is it dead?

DM:(gives players blank stare) It's the gazebo's turn. The gazebo rises from the ground and with it's great porch, devours your party, your adventure is over. (shuts book and leaves)
Wandering_mage Posted - 15 May 2006 : 19:42:28
Here is a 2e story. A dwarf fighter in the party was looking for a mount that was unique because every one else in the party already had heavy warhorses that were trained and the dwarf didn't want a pony. Well, the dwarf actually had some serious gold coinage. After traveling about the town the dwarf came upon a merchant that sold him a tiger. After putting the tiger in a stable and running away running away the merchant was not to be seen again. Mind you, when role-playing it is good to ask many questions, like is the tiger trained to be a mount? Well, long story short. The dwarf grabbed a saddle and walked into the stall holding the tiger that would be his mount. After waiting a half an hour outside of the stable the party ranger walks into the stables to check on the dwarf. The ranger ran out of the stable after finding only bloody armor that would fit a dwarf and a fat tiger. Laughter ensued despite the sad news.
the obsolete Posted - 14 May 2006 : 23:43:36
i once played a elven mage/thief. well i tried to climb the back of a remorhaz while my companions rushed it. sadly to say i was gulped down.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 24 Apr 2006 : 16:25:41
If one would assemble my current party's worsest moments...

Library somewhere in Ravenloft: A book-case with bomes, of course. The priest/wizard practically drools and rushes over to it, checking out the books' spines.
One is titled "Of pits and explosive traps". It catches his interest and he immediately pulls it out, and gets caught in the subsequent explosion.

Cut to: an abandoned house along some small lake in the North. Parts of the house's ceiling has come apart and the groups other cleric sees that it is hollow. Following an impulse, she pushes some crates to the spot where the ceiling seems most disrupted, and looks into the hollow space. There before her is a small box. She opens it... and gets caught in the subsequent explosion.

Cut to: the Nether Mountains. The party discovers an ancient netherese outpost, within it the instructions for a flying device (including the commands for the device's weapon systems), and, at last, the flying device itself. In the thing's 'hangar' the group stands inside the flying device and the wizard reads the instructions again,aloud! The device's weapons fire and set the hangar aflame.
BlackAce Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 22:53:15
There's an oldie from a campaign we had in college. I was DMing, with the party of mid level characters hired to clean out a wererat infestation underneath Waterdeep. Things are going fine till the dwarven cleric, leading the group, comes to a sign made of faintly glowing text on the sewer wall. The dwarf doesn't speak the language but instead of calling over the wizard, lights a torch to get a better look.

KABOOM!

The already injured dwarf is killed outright from damage and all but the rogue are killed in the subsequent cave-in.

The groups fighter and wizard are later rezed but the players, all totally annoyed, lay into the Dwarf's player for triggering such "an obvious trap".

When the dwarf player sheepishly asked what the sign had said I had to explain through a fit of laughter that it was a NO NAKED FLAMES sign intended to warn them that fire spells and torches were probably not a good idea.

Aielwyn Posted - 18 Apr 2006 : 22:49:10
Standing in the Iron Palace of the Queen of the Demonweb Pits, staring down a Balor and needing only a 5 or better on a d20 to make the Will save vs. Implosion..

Standing up at the gaming table, grabbing myself and saying to the DM "Bring it!"

Then rolling a 1.

<implosion>
Fletcher Posted - 18 Apr 2006 : 16:39:49
Halfling rogue catches up to the party after getting distracted by an old faded and tattered tapestry "What's that shiny stuff in the door?"

The psychic warrior grunts his frustration. The bard shrugs as he pens another stanza relating the trials faced so far. The cleric continues to snore.

Not looking up from his scattered notes the Wizard replies absently "Its a disintegration field. Im trying to--"

Halfling rogue interrupting "What's on the other side?"

Still destracted the wizard replies "We don't know ye-NO! Of all the.. Stupid...AArrgh! Will somebody clean that up? I need to find a way past this!"

There is no such thing as "peeking just a little" when dealing with disintegration.
Kaladorm Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 18:47:37
Not really stupid but rather amusing. My Paladin (or rather myself) decided to try some fancy new combat manouvers since he was without his faithful horse in the woods.

Fighting some gnolls at their camp, first attempting a trip attack which failed, and ended up with him being tripped. Not to be put off he then went for a bull rush, pushing the gnoll into the camp fire, which then proceeded to catch on his fur and send the whole gnoll up in a blaze of holy glory :D
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 31 Mar 2006 : 15:14:58
In one roleplaying game I played a noble and honorable paladin. One of his items was a ring which, upon command, could summon his bastard sword.

One day, as we came to a far away kingdom, we met the ruler of this country, and his court wizard. Through an incredibly lucky perception roll, my character saw that the wizard was actually controlling the king mentally. This evil, of course, had to be corrected! So my paladin summoned his sword and beheaded the court wizard. Of course, we were thrown into prison... BUT before you say it cannot get any more stupid... it gets worse.

Inside the cell we met a ghost. Turns out this ghost was once the rightful ruler of this kingdom and was poisoned and an usurper took the throne. The ghost then proceeded to tell us how relieved he was that his brother, a mage of some power, had come back to the kingdom to right things...

Need I say more?
Paj Posted - 31 Mar 2006 : 12:45:35
I have a good one:

The lvl 18 CE Half-Orc Barbarian 5/Fighter 10/Orc Warlord 3 COLLECTIVELY telling the Dark Eight to "*expletive deleted* off"

Do I really need to go into any more detail about what happened next?
Elfinblade Posted - 27 Mar 2006 : 17:45:00
There has been many "stupid" situations up over the years. One particular incident, however, comes to mind. This was in our younger days, in the good old AD&d era. We had a rather large group. Consisting of 5 players; 2 thiefs(who always tried to hide the loot from each other) 1 paladin, 1 fighter and 1 Cleric of Lathander.

We had on a previous adventure found a treasure map on a goblin(!) corpse. We had our doubts about the credibility of this map, but of course our two thieves, in character as always, had their greed outshine their wits.
The treasure map was, in fact, leading us directly to what was supposed to be "A nearly unguarded hoards of gold and magical weapons". Needless to say, this was not correct.

Well, we got into this rather large, oval cave entrance in the middle of a timid, murky swampland, seething with insects, snakes and other unnamed horrors. As we walked awed inside the cave, we couldnt help but notice an overwhelming stench of predator. A large one judging from the enormous heaps of dung, bones and discarded clothes in a corner.
To our utmost dread, we came to the conclusion that we were in fact in a dragons cave. Most likely a rather large one at that.
So, there we were, 5 brave companions in the middle of a Black drake`s den, arguing quite loudly whether we should retreat, stay and fight the dragon to rid the world of it`s evil, find the treasure hoard and then run and so on.

Of course, again, our greed outshone our wits. The lure of magical artifacts and a mountain of gold won us over. We also agreed (to the Paladin`s utter astonishment) that we would rob the dragon of most of it`s prized possesions, then scuttle away with our tails between our legs.

We proceeded to pack all the baubles, weapons, gold into all the containers we had; shoes, helmets, pockets, empty water-skins. The result of this was of course that we became so encumbered that we couldnt run at all, we trotted sloooowly out of the cave.

What the rest of us didnt know was that one of the two thieves, competing with eachother as always, this time over who got the rarest artifact, had found something rather unknown to us at the time. Oil of impact. he had found approx 5 gallons of the stuff. He didnt recognize it for what it was of course. He later told us the DM had told him to do a alchemy check to identify the potions. He thought he had made it when the DM told him "well, it you feel RELATIVELY sure that this is a large quantity of Water breathing liquid.". Of course, he did not make the check.

When there suddenly fell a ominous shadow over us just as we walked out of the cave`s gloom, we realized we were hard pressed. The dread that settled over us immediately was undescribable.

To make it short, the battle were long, tedious and tragic. The lathandrian cleric died heroicly shielding the elf ranger from a corrosive acid spray, while the fighter lost a leg.
The thing everyone had forgotten was, of course, the backpack full of what our thief believed was "5 gallons of water breathing potion".
So when the remaining thief yelled "run into the cave!" we of course complied, the futility of the situation finally settling over us like a blanket of despair.
We ran like hell into the cave, the thief and the dragon hot on our tails.
To wrap it up, the thief, or the rest of us, werent very fast runners encumbered with our heavy greedy backpacks of gold and artifacts. The dragon proved this point when he suddenly lunged like a reptile and had the thief firmly in his needle filled jaws. The rest of us turned our heads just in time to hear a sickly "pop". Wether it was from his spine suddenly snapping in two, or the containers filled to the brim with Oil of impact is not certain.
What is certain however, is the cataclysmic BOOM that resonated throughout the swamplands and beyond.
Needless to say, 5 gallons of Oil of impact will most definately be able to crack open the skull of an aged black dragon. And also to cause a rather large cave-in on top of our heads.

The lesson here is: do not trust your dice rolls, and do not, under any circumstance, load 5 gallons of Oil of impact into your backpack while excpecting to flee form aged wyrms.
laheotyree Posted - 22 Mar 2006 : 16:30:09
quote:
Originally posted by Trinkett

Ranger: So what do you think it does?
Fighter: Probably nothing, I bet it's just like goopy green meat!
Ranger: No way! I bet it's poisonous!
Fighter: I bet it gives you strength or something!
Ranger: well if you're so sure why don't you eat some?
Fighter: I'm not eating some, you eat some!
Ranger: No Way!
Fighter: Ok, Ok....Lets feed it to the Zombie!

The stupidest thing about this plan, is that they actually went through with it, caussing our DM to interrupt our Levelling up to give a particularly graphic description of the Zombie putating into an enormous hybred of itself and the dead monster, and killing the Fighter and Ranger. The Wizard survived thanks to a well timed potion, and my theif survived by hiding in a nearby cell.

"Discretion is the better part of valour, and cowardice is the better part of discretion, so Zaphod Valiantly hid in a cupboard!"

This reminds me of a Ravenloft Campaign that I was part of. We were finishing up Feast of Goblyns. We found a church with a rack of cloaks. When we went to it, one moved and we ended up killing a Cloaker.
After the encounter we started poking the other cloaks to make sure that they weren't alive too.
When we found hat they were "just cloaks" we started looking through them. IRL, we were laughing about it all and saying "I'll bet you this is a cloak of poisonousness.". We found it funny cause we kept on mispronouncing it. Our Dm, was trying his hardest not to burst out laughing. We laughed for about 5 mins about it until our Halfing Theif, who liked to pull pranks all the time just for a laugh, decided that he was going to put it on. Sure enough, it was a cloak of poisonousness. He started twichting and screaming, then died. We all stopped laughing, and just stared at the theif. From that point on, we started "identifying" anything we found.

laheotyree
Sian Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 18:46:14
they was set free for lack of evidence
Kaladorm Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 18:41:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

first one is a continued episode of fireball happy Wizards

a group that was a round level 6 with a druid, ranger, 2 fighters and a wizard was in a forest chasing some vampires that had captured a unicorn ... they find the vampires and start fighting them ... one of the vampires jump up in a tree where the wood elf fighter (that mainly uses bows) is sitting and just dealt like 60 damage in one round (rapid shot and 3 crits) ... while the fighter jumped down and shotting upwards at the same time the wizard found out that he had nothing but fireballs left ... and throws one at the tree ... setting the whole forest on fire, and killing both the vampires, the unicorn, the druid, both fighters and himself in the following wildfire

second one is a rather idiotic Fighter we had in the party while hunting a thieves guild in Selgaunt (Sembia) ... he manage to shot two from the roof of the inn and goes to loot them and find out that they aren't dead but just knocked out ... then he takes one in each foot and run to the cityguard at the gates to the higher town (knocking the poor rogues even more out because of that their heads repeatably hits the stones in the road) ... when he get there he learn that the prison is next to the inn and back it goes (with more stones hitting the rogues) ... when he get to the prison he gets into a heated debate with the prisonwarden (that in sercet is leader of the thieves guild we found out later) about weither it is legal or illegal to shoot people at nights (no matter if they are climbing roofs or anything else) and weither it is legal at all to carry weapons insite the city if you aren't a guard ... which end up with the quite heated fighter to pull out his two scimatars and gets thrown into prison for a tenday

And what happened to the two thieves?
Sian Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 18:29:45
first one is a continued episode of fireball happy Wizards

a group that was a round level 6 with a druid, ranger, 2 fighters and a wizard was in a forest chasing some vampires that had captured a unicorn ... they find the vampires and start fighting them ... one of the vampires jump up in a tree where the wood elf fighter (that mainly uses bows) is sitting and just dealt like 60 damage in one round (rapid shot and 3 crits) ... while the fighter jumped down and shotting upwards at the same time the wizard found out that he had nothing but fireballs left ... and throws one at the tree ... setting the whole forest on fire, and killing both the vampires, the unicorn, the druid, both fighters and himself in the following wildfire

second one is a rather idiotic Fighter we had in the party while hunting a thieves guild in Selgaunt (Sembia) ... he manage to shot two from the roof of the inn and goes to loot them and find out that they aren't dead but just knocked out ... then he takes one in each foot and run to the cityguard at the gates to the higher town (knocking the poor rogues even more out because of that their heads repeatably hits the stones in the road) ... when he get there he learn that the prison is next to the inn and back it goes (with more stones hitting the rogues) ... when he get to the prison he gets into a heated debate with the prisonwarden (that in sercet is leader of the thieves guild we found out later) about weither it is legal or illegal to shoot people at nights (no matter if they are climbing roofs or anything else) and weither it is legal at all to carry weapons insite the city if you aren't a guard ... which end up with the quite heated fighter to pull out his two scimatars and gets thrown into prison for a tenday
Belthor Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 23:06:07
We're in the Spiderhaunt forest and we encounter 3 trolls. Our party has hacked two of them into pieces, but the third has picked up our druid and is trying to rip her in half. Our cleric decides that since the troll has both hands occupied at the moment, he's going to cast continuel flame on the troll's head, thinking to burn it up. (Is it obvious to everyone that the cleric didn't know what continual flame did when he prepared it?) Anyway, since the spell is done by touch, he had to roll to see if he touched the troll's head. He barely made the roll, so the Dm ruled that while he was running to touch the troll, he tripped and grabbed the troll's butt while casting. The poor troll looked down and saw a permanent, (if non damaging) flame coming out of his butt. Luckily for the party, the troll was so scared by this that he dropped the druid and ran away trying to put out the fire.
Xysma Posted - 13 Mar 2006 : 19:37:33
So, my party is travelling through the Black Jungle when we come across a small clearing. The clearing was evidently created when the vegetation in the area became blighted. Dead-center of the clearing is an ancient-looking weathered statue of a female humanoid, probably an elf or a human. As we stand there looking into the clearing, we all hear a ghostly female voice in our heads telling us to leave the place in peace or join her in death. My mongrelfolk monk looks to the party and says, "To hell with this, I'm leaving." The human cleric and the wild elf ranger agree, so we start walking off. After a few steps we notice that the fourth member of our party, a blue-skinned halfling, hasn't budged. The player looks at the DM and says, "I fly over and hump the statue's head." Once we realize what he is doing, our walk becomes a run.... We never got a chance to find out why he was a blue-skinned halfling, because we never saw him again.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000