Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Harper Hunters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hymn Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 01:46:07
I was wondering if any information can be found about this sub-group of the Harpers. or if its just a one case wonder.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 02:45:20
Hello all,

I've been going back to this on occasion trying to find the exact quote. Of course people referenced Curse of the Shadowmage, but I wanted to find a quote, and here it is:

quote:
"It is with a heavy heart that I set this task before you, K'shar," Thantarth said somberly. "For both of those whom we ask you to seek are--or at least were, until recently--among the most exalted of Harpers." While K'shar listened with growing interest, Thantarth explained what had transpired. There wasn't a Harper alive who had not heard the tale of the Shadowking in Iriaebo. The deeds of Caledan Caldorien and Mari Al'maren were heroic folklore passed down to all Harper apprentices. Thus it was all the more shocking--and intriguing--that K'shar's new prey were none other than these two legendary figures, now turned renegade. (Curse of the Shadowmage, p.140)

The Harper's that hunt themselves when Harper's go off the rails.

Well....most Harper's get held to account. Some get special privileges.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

I was wondering if any information can be found about this sub-group of the Harpers. or if its just a one case wonder.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 22:56:17
quote:

Well according to the novel I read it in they are a group within the Harpers (mainly by orders from Twilight Hall) that hunt down and eliminate enemies to the Harpers (dosn't have to be zenths.) Not the other way round. As for the Novel it is, The curse of the Shadowmage by Mark Anthony.

It do sound like a new prestige class though, a Zenthis or Cultist prestige class specialized in killing Harpers.

Ah, that explains it. I didn't care for that book, so I've not read it in several years. It's been long enough that I can't even name the characters, save for maybe one or two (as I recall, they are names I thought were really stupid).
Kentinal Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 14:00:39
quote:

Well according to the novel I read it in they are a group within the Harpers (mainly by orders from Twilight Hall) that hunt down and eliminate enemies to the Harpers (dosn't have to be zenths.) Not the other way round. As for the Novel it is, The curse of the Shadowmage by Mark Anthony.

Yes, in part the except I found did imply that the group could be redirected to kill a Cyric follower. The book was released in paperback 1995 (under 2nd Edition world view) and appears to point to 1360 DR as time covered. Considering that search does not find much about Harper Hunters it would appear that they at some point in time were either disbanded or renamed.

quote:

It do sound like a new prestige class though, a Zenthis or Cultist prestige class specialized in killing Harpers.

Well there are Harper Wizards, Harper Scouts, etc. so following that pattern Harpers specisied in hunting foes it makes a sense of one kind. Hunters of the Harpers = Harper Hunters (to kill foes of Harpers). The name, as has been displayed by some replies, has made some wonder if they were Hunters of Harpers (to kill Harpers), which also can equal Harper Hunters. If the subgroup still exists perhaps they have been renamed.
warlockco Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 13:37:22
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well I found some at http://www.dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php?p=96584
it appears to be freeflow RP where Harper Hunters are tasked with hunting Zent agents.

First thing that came to mind was a faction within the Harpers tasked with hunting down renegades.

Like Bran Skorlsun, you mean?
Though to me, it does sound more like a group which goes hunting after Harpers.

Yep, that is who I was thinking of.
Hymn Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 12:22:22

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 11:16:28
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Yeah, like the Thunkers of the Thunkers... Wow, I've not thought of that group in a long time!
Reefy Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 09:53:06
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:

it appears to be freeflow RP where Harper Hunters are tasked with hunting Zent agents.

First thing that came to mind was a faction within the Harpers tasked with hunting down renegades.

warlockco Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 08:21:02
quote:

Kentinal Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 06:03:57
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 05:21:21
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Harper Hunters? I'm not familiar with them... Where did you hear/read about them?

Sounds like something many of the anti-Harper fans I've encountered would come up with.

You actually have a point, my oft-sarcastic friend.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 04:21:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Harper Hunters? I'm not familiar with them... Where did you hear/read about them?

Sounds like something many of the anti-Harper fans I've encountered would come up with.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 03:57:43
quote:

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000