Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Map of Baldur's Gate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ty Posted - 23 Jan 2005 : 20:05:50
I seem to recall one of the scribes here had been working on an updated map of Baldur's Gate but I can't remember who. I'm actually looking to center a campaign around this area and I'm wondering if anyone here has succeeded in their efforts to draw/craft an accurate map of Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for any help.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 08:49:15
Learned Scribe ElfBane,

I can't disagree with you there. I looked through several sources and I couldn't find one that inspired me like the mega Waterdeep map I have for example. So, I figured while I look for others, that may be better, I'd throw that one out as a placeholder. :)

Best regards!

quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

This is the old Dudleyville site reborn. These maps are for the CRPG Baldur's Gate. They are probably not suitable for a DM guided play session.

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Learned Scribe Ty,

I have a site for you to check out you might like! :)

http://forgottenwars.com/bg1/megamap.htm

Unfortunately, from what I could find, this appears to be a city not fleshed out like Waterdeep for example.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

I seem to recall one of the scribes here had been working on an updated map of Baldur's Gate but I can't remember who. I'm actually looking to center a campaign around this area and I'm wondering if anyone here has succeeded in their efforts to draw/craft an accurate map of Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for any help.

ElfBane Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 08:07:27
This is the old Dudleyville site reborn. These maps are for the CRPG Baldur's Gate. They are probably not suitable for a DM guided play session.

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Learned Scribe Ty,

Unfortunately, from what I could find, this appears to be a city not fleshed out like Waterdeep for example.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

Thanks for any help.

cpthero2 Posted - 14 Feb 2020 : 21:08:14
Learned Scribe Ty,

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

Thanks for any help.

Ty Posted - 24 Jan 2005 : 23:44:11
Doh! Good call SirUrza. Now I feel a wee bit *baaaaahh* sheepish.

(mutters incomprehensibly as he looks back at books he has previously bought)
SirUrza Posted - 24 Jan 2005 : 21:40:59
I like the map on page 12 in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. :)
Ty Posted - 24 Jan 2005 : 16:00:00
Thanks Kent.

Those are some interesting sites offering some various ideas regarding Baldur's Gate but unfortunately, it's not *quite* what I was looking for.

I'm thinking back on it (and maybe I need to scour Kuje's word document to find out who) and I recall that someone is crafting a specifically Greenwood-Realms accurate map of Baldur's Gate rather than the BGI and II series computer game maps.

I know that the map in the Forgotten Realms Adventures book was useful (and I have to find that darn thing in the basement, buried as it is by pictures, spare couches, and the general assortment of nicknacks and paddywacks my wife has accumulated) but I also believe that someone pointed out several errors on that same map. Ah well, time to use the Find function...
Kentinal Posted - 23 Jan 2005 : 20:33:00
Not sure if it will help (or even safe) http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_maps.php offers maps as downloads the cliams are impersive though as to amount of detail offered.

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/megamap.htm also offers maps and some keys, for one of the games that might be useful.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000