Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Grand History of the Realms... in PDF form...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 31 Dec 2004 : 11:58:37
Taking into consideration the fact that not all scribes here visit some of the other sections of the library as frequently others, I've decided to open this scroll here so that all the scribes of Candlekeep can take advantage of this glorious download.

From EN World -
quote:
Realmspace: Geonomicon has released A Grand History of the Realms. This PDF combines the timelines from over thirty sourcebooks published over fifteen years into a ninety-page overview of Forgotten Realms history.

Here's the URL.

Enjoy .
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Apr 2005 : 18:19:21
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it.

I've had no indications that the file has a virus and I've opened it on more than one computer. I believe the explanation for Cromm10k's problems are explained by the portion of the above passage I have bolded.

It could be that, or it could be that the problem lies with Cromm10k's machine. Sometimes virii do weird things and attach themselves to files... I sent an e-mail with no attachments out from Hotmail, once, and one person who received it e-mailed me back about having gotten a virus with the e-mail...
SiriusBlack Posted - 23 Apr 2005 : 17:36:27
quote:

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it.

I've had no indications that the file has a virus and I've opened it on more than one computer. I believe the explanation for Cromm10k's problems are explained by the portion of the above passage I have bolded.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Apr 2005 : 17:26:25
quote:

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it. Can anyone confirm this? It's certainly not my desire to infect people with realmslore!

I've opened it on two different computers, with two different AV programs running... My home computer is running Norton, and my work computer is running Trend Micro. Neither one has twigged to anything in the file.
Darkheyr Posted - 23 Apr 2005 : 17:18:31
Neither my scanners at home nor the paranoid company setup I got at office found anything.
Brian R. James Posted - 23 Apr 2005 : 17:11:57
Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it. Can anyone confirm this? It's certainly not my desire to infect people with realmslore!
Gray Richardson Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 08:18:51
Amazing Brian! Pretty awesome! Well done!
Alaundo Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 08:16:53
Well met

Many thanks for keeping us informed. I'll ensure the copy at Candlekeep is brought up to date Excellent work.
George Krashos Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 08:04:36
Good stuff, Brian!

As someone who's got more than a few timelines on the hop, I know how difficult and tedious timeline revamps can be.

-- George Krashos
Dargoth Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 06:52:13
quote:

And No, I won't be adding prestige classes!

What about Feats?
SiriusBlack Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 05:38:50
quote:

Just wanted to let my friends at candlekeep.com know that I have updated A Grand History of the Realms. The new edition may be found at "http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/A%20Grand%20History%20of%20the%20Realms.pdf"

Updates primarily include new events from the Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires of Faerūn sourcebooks. As always, feedback is welcome.

Brian R. James

Brian,

I was just looking at my timeline yesterday and wondering when someone would have an updated timeline that included the recent sourcebooks.

Thank you so much for sharing this update with the scribes at Candlekeep. I've enjoyed past editions and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.

All the best,

SiriusBlack
Brian R. James Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 05:29:35
Just wanted to let my friends at candlekeep.com know that I have updated A Grand History of the Realms. The new edition may be found at "http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/A%20Grand%20History%20of%20the%20Realms.pdf"

Updates primarily include new events from the Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires of Faerūn sourcebooks. As always, feedback is welcome.

Brian R. James
Brian R. James Posted - 22 Jan 2005 : 16:12:26
I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to improve something that is essentially nothing more than a big timeline. I'd love to hear your suggestions though.

And No, I won't be adding prestige classes!
The Sage Posted - 22 Jan 2005 : 09:38:32
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

That's one long document Sage. Now all I need is some time off work to get through it... Maybe I'll call in sick for the next few days.

I read the entire thing at work. The benefits of a help desk position!

I was lucky. I was at home on the day I found it, and so was able to read through it rather quickly, and without (significant) interference.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jan 2005 : 02:58:54
quote:

That's one long document Sage. Now all I need is some time off work to get through it... Maybe I'll call in sick for the next few days.

I read the entire thing at work. The benefits of a help desk position!

quote:

I didn't have any problems opening up the document on Acrobat Reader v6.0 You all must have more up-to-date versions if you consider v6.0 to be as old as the stone age.

Well, it's up to 7.0... Betwixt there and 6.0 was 6.0.1 and 6.0.2...
Lina Posted - 21 Jan 2005 : 13:58:31

I didn't have any problems opening up the document on Acrobat Reader v6.0 You all must have more up-to-date versions if you consider v6.0 to be as old as the stone age.
Bakra Posted - 20 Jan 2005 : 00:41:55
Excellent job! So much to read and so little time for it.
SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Jan 2005 : 03:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by Gale604
As a side note: Eric Boyd has an excellent chronology pertaining just to The North, by George Karshos:(http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/history.html). If you're running campaign limited to Waterdeep/Savage Frontier, it's a bit easier to wade through.

Yes, that timeline was revealed in this thread.
Gale604 Posted - 18 Jan 2005 : 01:45:59
Well met!

A complete chronology in a visually pleasing format; what more could one ask for? Thanks!

As a side note: Eric Boyd has an excellent chronology pertaining just to The North, by George Karshos:(http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/history.html). If you're running campaign limited to Waterdeep/Savage Frontier, it's a bit easier to wade through.
Brian R. James Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 14:18:15
Lol. I have a bad habit of creating a new forum alias everywhere I go (Iakhovas, Loremaster, Wyrmskull, etc...) Just call me Brian.
Alaundo Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 11:04:08
quote:

I appreciate the kind words everyone. Thanks to Dargoth for pointing me to this site. I've been away from the Forgotten Realms community too long, and Candlekeep seems like an excellent place to meet new friends and share some lore.

Alaundo, It would be a priveledge to have A Grand History of the Realms hosted here.

Well met and welcome, Realmslore (nice name which i'm sure will cause much confusion herein )

Glad to see thee made it to the library. I trust ye will find many tomes of Realmslo..... eek, it's started
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 02:23:50
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

I appreciate the kind words everyone. Thanks to Dargoth for pointing me to this site. I've been away from the Forgotten Realms community too long, and Candlekeep seems like an excellent place to meet new friends and share some lore.

I offer you welcome to candlekeep. I am sure some of the more senior scribes shall also welcome you as well.

Hey, was that a crack about Big Al's age?
SirUrza Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 01:01:23
Now that's pretty cool.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 00:46:24
quote:

Alaundo, It would be a priveledge to have A Grand History of the Realms hosted here.

Ah, welcome to Candlekeep! 'Tis great to have another scholar of the Realms join our ranks.
Kentinal Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 23:18:03
quote:

I offer you welcome to candlekeep. I am sure some of the more senior scribes shall also welcome you as well.

Brian R. James Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 23:06:19

Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 15:22:30
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Alaundo

I asked Brian aka Iakhovas whether he'd be willing to have his Grand History of the Realms PDF on Candlekeep, he says hes cool with it if you want to host it

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=357560

I didn't know he was over there... I just logged in and made my first post since I was banned, just to compliment and thank him.
Alaundo Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 11:34:55
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Alaundo

I asked Brian aka Iakhovas whether he'd be willing to have his Grand History of the Realms PDF on Candlekeep, he says hes cool with it if you want to host it

Well met

Many thanks, Dargoth. I simply hadn't gotten around to contacting Iakhovas on this matter, so much appreciated. I will get on the task forthwith, a fine resource indeed
Dargoth Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 10:50:32
Alaundo

Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jan 2005 : 15:33:56
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Splendid, I have got it working now - had to update Adobe, didn't realise v7.0 was out. Thanks for the help - and what a fine document it looks too.

Version 7.0? I was just on the Adobe website a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't know version 7.0 was out, either! Thanks for mentioning that -- I'm d/l'ing it right now, and I'll need to let the other guys at work know, so we can start loading it on new machines.
The Sage Posted - 01 Jan 2005 : 14:06:29
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Probably won't be until the middle to end of this year. The 2005 products that I know of will have lots of dates and realmslore to incorporate and I still have to go through quite a few of the older sources. When it's ready it'll rear its pretty head!

-- George Krashos

Then I am glad that we will have to wait for your Timeline, George . It's nice to know that the 05 FR products will have plenty of dates and such... so it will also be nice to see that information immediately incorporated into your grand effort.

Here's to your factual and historical recording abilities, my friend .

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000